Author Topic: Signed brevet cards  (Read 3668 times)

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
Signed brevet cards
« on: 21 August, 2022, 07:56:47 pm »
I was pretty tired at the end of LEL, but I'm pretty sure I didn't sign the card.  Should I have? I would eject the controller to remind riders who forgot. I just remember them stamping the cards and then being keen to keep hold of it.

But watching the documentary on amazon (LEL 2017?2013?) I noticed people having to sign at the finish, so now I am worried that I missed something.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Re: Signed brevet cards
« Reply #1 on: 21 August, 2022, 08:10:37 pm »
Don't worry, there was nowhere on the brevet to sign, (but they were personalised with your name printed on them). The special ACP ones for the Centenary 300km rides on 11th June also caused a bit of head-scratching.

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #2 on: 22 August, 2022, 11:00:07 am »
Don't worry, there was nowhere on the brevet to sign, (but they were personalised with your name printed on them). The special ACP ones for the Centenary 300km rides on 11th June also caused a bit of head-scratching.
thanks

that's a relief

Eddington  127miles, 170km

« Reply #3 on: 09 September, 2022, 12:01:52 pm »
Anyone got their cards back yet? Does audax uk website update with us completed the ride. I presume so..

alfapete

• Oh dear
« Reply #4 on: 09 September, 2022, 12:10:00 pm »
Validation process is still ongoing. We have around 700 cards with us and are hoping we don't have a flood or fire over the next couple of weeks. They'll be off to Cathy in a week or so with some good fortune.
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #5 on: 09 September, 2022, 12:19:50 pm »
The other thing to bear in mind is that as the entries were not via the AUK website, membership numbers weren't captured. I have done my best to match up the entry list against the membership database, bearing in mind we have multiple people with the same name, riders didn't always use the same email address for LEL as for their membership etc etc. I am confident that it will be at least 99% correct, but that still means some may be incorrect. So it is possible some members will see it in their results list when they didn't ride and others won't see it when they did. Of course the more unusual your name, the less likely it is, but if you are Chris Smith you need to check!

« Reply #6 on: 09 September, 2022, 12:49:43 pm »
I got the cards back from Cathy from my event (which ran two weeks before LEL) just last weekend.  That was a lot less cards than LEL. Be patient Grasshopper.

« Reply #7 on: 12 September, 2022, 10:02:35 am »
Thanks for the updates. I'm not in a rush, just wondered how it worked really. :)

« Reply #8 on: 12 September, 2022, 04:45:41 pm »
if you are Chris Smith you need to check!
I can confirm he didn't ride.  ;D

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #9 on: 12 September, 2022, 06:35:02 pm »
He didn't, but others did!