Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 146265 times)

Weird/funny dreams you've had
« on: 04 January, 2009, 11:31:49 am »
I don't tend to dream that regularly, and when I do, generally forget the details, but the past couple of nights I've had really quite odd dreams.

Last night, Richard E Grant and Stephen Fry went coasteering, in Ireland.  Somehow, E Grant broke his ribs, but Fry was quite insistent that he carried on without calling for help - this kept happening over and over again.

???

So what other weird/totally inexplicable dreams have people had?

gonzo

Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #1 on: 04 January, 2009, 11:44:38 am »
Dreaming about hunting vampires* in a small wood on the farm. When I woke up, I mentioned it to my parents. Strangely, my mum had just come back from walking the dog in that wood and reported seeing a hooded figure walking behind trees then vanishing. Ooooo!

*and man eating bunnies like MP and the holy grail, but we'll ignore that bit eh?

LE

« Reply #2 on: 04 January, 2009, 12:51:03 pm »
Last week I woke flustered having had a dream that I was running through various large houses wearing fancy dress while trying to get to a bank in Aston. This was the only bank I was able to withdraw £1000 to lend to my colleague and I needed to get there before it closed.

LE

« Reply #3 on: 04 January, 2009, 12:55:58 pm »
Ooh I also had a dream that I was supervising the renovation of the upper floor of a large house. I found lots of books in the atic and sat down to read them.

border-rider

« Reply #4 on: 04 January, 2009, 12:57:30 pm »
Last week I dreamt I'd entered LEL but been really rude to a controller on the first day and had my brevet card taken off me. Mel (or at least a shadowy Official Figure) sad I could carry on riding if I wanted, but I'd no longer be an official participant.

Harsh but fair, I feel.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #5 on: 04 January, 2009, 01:37:42 pm »
I've dreamt about people here that I've never met. Nothing sexual though. I also regularly dream about being able to ride wheelies on my road bike - effortlessly, and for miles at a time.

Sometimes I dream that I'm actually in a fantastic sci-fi film, and it's exhilarating. I've had the X-Files and that strange L Ron Hubbard one that John Travolta did. Never seen either - they wouldn't live up to the dream.

The scariest one I had was in the late 70s/early 80s (the height of Cold War paranoia) where I dreamt I was being chased through the corridors of the Politburo by hordes of menacing Russians. They were doing that slow Communist Party handclap thing. Turned out to be the ticking of my bedside clock.

JL

« Reply #6 on: 05 January, 2009, 04:29:20 pm »
I've had about 3 now where I ended up getting killed, don't know if that means anything bad mind!!

Twice it was the same, about 3 years ago - I ended up in the 5th layer of Hell and to get there had to keep jumping through portholes in the floor to progress to the next layers. That one was quite nice actually and it didn't "hurt" at all.

About a week ago tho, 2 of my friends killed me because I had reported them to the police for killing someone else. That wasn't pleasant at all, and I woke up suddenly. I guess it was a nightmare.

annie

« Reply #7 on: 06 January, 2009, 07:43:39 am »
I had awful dreams last night, the first woke me just before midnight.  I went to visit a friend and for some reason decided to lie down on his sofa, I was in my normal clothes.  Someone else was in the room but neither of them spoke to me.  I had a chocolate in my hand and was asleep but could still hear.  When I got up I was in my jim jams.  I went to the hallway and could hear voices upstairs, I didn't recognise one of them.  I ran to my car but it wasn't there, I kept running and eventually found it although it was parked on some ramp on only three wheels.

I then ended up in a house with my father, we were walking along a landing and the ceiling kept getting lower and lower.  We turned back and my father clutched his chest.  I was then asked to do something really awful (so awful I can't bring myself to type it here) I kept crying and saying "please don't make me do it, you are my father") then I woke up crying.

My next dream was later in the night and involved me and a MTB.  A guy was trying to sell me some hubs but I refused them as they weren't red.  There was some kind of race going on and we had to walk the track first.  I can remember all of the buildings in great detail.

I am tired now.

LE

« Reply #8 on: 06 January, 2009, 09:04:39 am »
I had awful dreams last night, the first woke me just before midnight.  I went to visit a friend and for some reason decided to lie down on his sofa, I was in my normal clothes.  Someone else was in the room but neither of them spoke to me.  I had a chocolate in my hand and was asleep but could still hear.  When I got up I was in my jim jams.  I went to the hallway and could hear voices upstairs, I didn't recognise one of them.  I ran to my car but it wasn't there, I kept running and eventually found it although it was parked on some ramp on only three wheels.

I then ended up in a house with my father, we were walking along a landing and the ceiling kept getting lower and lower.  We turned back and my father clutched his chest.  I was then asked to do something really awful (so awful I can't bring myself to type it here) I kept crying and saying "please don't make me do it, you are my father") then I woke up crying.

My next dream was later in the night and involved me and a MTB.  A guy was trying to sell me some hubs but I refused them as they weren't red.  There was some kind of race going on and we had to walk the track first.  I can remember all of the buildings in great detail.

I am tired now.

That sounds awful.  No wonder you are tired!

« Reply #9 on: 06 January, 2009, 09:10:23 am »
last night I dreamt that I was fishing skate and other flat fish out of Humphrey Littleton's bath with Jeremy Hardy, which had mystical tardis-like properties.....

« Reply #10 on: 06 January, 2009, 09:31:23 am »
Last night I cut the heads off about 30 goats whilst in some shitty middle eastern market place

annie

« Reply #11 on: 06 January, 2009, 09:32:28 am »
Last night I cut the heads off about 30 goats whilst in some shitty middle eastern market place

I don't remember giving you permission to get off the naughty step :demon:

« Reply #12 on: 06 January, 2009, 09:45:45 am »
Sorry to hear you had a bad night Annie,  I went to bed an hour early and still didn't sleep well.   Had an email from my sister, she slipped on ice yesterday & is bruised, just as well she still has my jar of Natures Kiss muscle rub!
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #13 on: 06 January, 2009, 10:39:07 am »
I had a nightmare last night, I bought a silver Range Rover  :o

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #14 on: 06 January, 2009, 03:06:32 pm »
I had a dream that I was running a cafe on a bus, and the stopping & starting spilled the tea.  Then we reached the railway station (on the tracks, of course) and nobody could really get off cause the platform was covered in flowers, and no one was allowed to trample them.

Well, with a lot of effort, everybody got off the other side.  It was OK, there were no trains (or buses) coming.

I saw one of the doctors handing our free newspapers for a church.  I went to greet him, but there were high voltage lines between us, so I thought best keep a distance.  I did think it odd that the lift he was standing outside went all the way up to that roof.

Getting there...

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #15 on: 11 February, 2011, 09:32:23 pm »
Bump and plug.

I've been remembering more dreams since I got a dream-synced alarm clock (there's an app for it).

This morning, I was singing soprano counterpoint to Tanita Tikaram's gravelly contralto.  The only way I could be sure it was a dream was that nobody was throwing bottles.  :)
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Euan Uzami

« Reply #16 on: 11 February, 2011, 09:39:30 pm »
I had a weird dream that I'd committed a minor fraud, and I was jailed for it - but I'd committed a worse fraud, but no-one knew about that and I kept trying to admit it but no-one would take any notice.

I kept thinking the next day that if you were released with a tag on your ankle, how annoying would be if you tried to cycle and you couldn't get it to stop catching on the cranks. Are you allowed to request to have it on your left wrist instead I wonder?  :-\ :-\

« Reply #17 on: 11 February, 2011, 10:11:55 pm »
I dont dream often but when i do i get weird ones.
We had someone at work that was an alcoholic and ended up leaving after causing problems and other things. Anyway in the dream i was in work and people kept being shot at. So, we were all in the shop(for some reason) and we went down to near the area people were being shot at. Where we saw the alcoholic sat in an office on a chair just looking around. We ended up in the office with him standing in front. He looked at me, gun in hand and said "YOU! YOU DROPPED THE TRIFFLE!!"
Which i replied i was sorry
Then i woke up.

No idea about the triffle, i have never dropped one to my knowledge.

Don't question. It makes people angry.

Clandy

« Reply #18 on: 11 February, 2011, 10:33:00 pm »
Back when I worked for Henry Ford, I had a dream, but to give the full picture I have to describe 'the line'. I worked on Line One, where all the wiring looms were fitted to the empty car bodies. The bodies would arrive at the top of the line emerging from a lift which brought them down to us from the paint shop. They would then move along the line at a set speed past each work station where various parts were fitted.
If you were good at your job you could work faster than the line moved and work 'up the line'. This meant getting ahead, which meant you could work fast then rest for five minutes or so, depending on how far 'up the line' you had worked (this was dictated by speed and what was previously fitted to the car, you can't fit an engine loom if the fuse box hasn't been fitted, get it?), then you could go back to your workstation sit down and wait for your next job to arrive there.
Sometimes, if there had been a problem in the paint-shop no cars would come down for a while, or in line-worker's parlance, a 'gap' would come along the line. So people would work faster to get 'up the line' to reach the gap, and get more time to have a cup of tea or a smoke.

So, the dream:

I dreamt I was working fitting the engine looms. A gap was emerging from the lift at the top of the line, and I was working fast to reach the gap, but I couldn't and instead was moving backwards to the transfer to Line Two at the bottom of the line. By the time I reached the last car before the gap the next was out of the lift, so I went up to do that before sitting down for a cuppa. As I got there Tony, the first bloke on the line, was opening the bonnet to fit the bonnet prop. When he did there was a dead Ford worker in the empty engine bay. We called the foremen, Norrie and Jim, over who said, "Don't worry about this lads, we'll take care of it, carry on with your jobs." They then lifted the body out and stuck it bum first into a tall thin box so the head and feet were sticking out the top.
A little later the tea lady arrived and Norrie and Jim took the body, laid it on her tea trolley, put a Ford flag over it, and wheeled it off somewhere singing "Everything we do is driven by you…".

That's when I woke up drenched in sweat, and took four weeks off.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #19 on: 12 February, 2011, 06:33:44 pm »
Since my cruciate op I've had a recurring dream of being able to run and jump phenomenal distances.

Like end to end of Deansgate in Manchester, from Castlefield to Cathedral in a hop, step 'n' jump.

Given that my knee ligament was broken and the quad muscles all wasted the irony is that my left leg has all the spring of a bunch of overcooked pasta . . .

If anyone can interpret/explain I'd be greatful.

luv'n'stuff

J
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #20 on: 12 February, 2011, 06:48:32 pm »
Recently been having uncomfortable dreams about getting and settling into a new job. Exactly 10 years after taking a new job which I eventually had to leave being crippled with PTSD.

Isn't the mind an odd thing.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #21 on: 12 February, 2011, 07:08:29 pm »

Maybe it's telling you it's about time you got a job  ;)

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #22 on: 12 February, 2011, 09:59:41 pm »
 ;D pills are great for giving weird dreams. 
I've also found if I eat carbs late at night, then I get extremely vivid dreams   :o

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #23 on: 13 February, 2011, 12:34:18 am »

Maybe it's telling you it's about time you got a job  ;)

Not sure I could cope with earning less and having to put up with managers that have no clue.
It is simpler than it looks.

Euan Uzami

« Reply #24 on: 01 March, 2011, 10:13:28 pm »
Last night i dreamt that I was doing an audax, it was a lovely sunny day and I was blasting along as was everybody else, but the questions for the info controls kept getting harder and harder. The first few were a bit like crossword clues, but as it went on, they became more and more cryptic. It started getting ridiculous. The ending scene was of me sitting in an oak-panelled library for over an hour studying an ancient manuscript researching the history of the village trying to figure out the answer to one of them.
Disturbing  ;D