Author Topic: Tandem chainset  (Read 1756 times)

Tandem chainset
« on: 06 August, 2011, 08:06:26 pm »
Hi    Had anyone got or has seen the new TA tandem chainset (Vortex) .  The tandem has ongoing upgrades and our Zepher chainset is looking tatty now.  You get all the cranks lenghts,  we need 180-165.  Middleburn do one, but i like TA.  They give you 2 choices of  inner ring bolt  fixings, good if the ring needs replaced while on tour.

rdaviesb

Re: Tandem chainset
« Reply #1 on: 08 August, 2011, 11:31:04 pm »
Not seen the Vortex. but have the Middleburn RS7 on the tandem and think it's the dogs. However, I also have a TA Carmina on my audax bike, and think that's rather lovely as well. I went for the Middleburn on the tandem because I wanted to buy from a UK manufacturer, but suspect that either would make a fantastic choice. Both make great, hard wearing rings.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
Re: Tandem chainset
« Reply #2 on: 09 August, 2011, 06:54:01 am »
I have the exact same as rdaviesb - middle burn on the tandem and carmina on my audax bike. the tandem was a second hand purchase, so we didn't specify the middleburn ourselves.

Both are excellent and seem very hard wearing.

Is there any pricing around for the vortex? I assume it is a little more reasonable than carmina as the spider is all-in-one etc.

Looks lovely though.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!