Author Topic: Debate guidelines  (Read 40801 times)

C-3PO

• Human-cyborg relations
Debate guidelines
« on: 09 July, 2008, 12:45:24 pm »
My programming has strict guidelines to follow in matters of politics. The aim is to debate in style more akin to the House of Lords than the Commons.

Please bear in mind that opinions can be quite entrenched and it is easy to inflame tempers with a post that would not usually cause offence. As an old and now retired member used to say, anger leads to hate, hate leads to the Dark Side1.

By all means dismember a poster's argument with a well reasoned forensic analysis of the previous post. Injecting a little humour in to the debate also works well.

Casting doubt upon the mental health of the previous poster is unlikely to add to a well reasoned debate. Suggesting that a previous poster is a stupid wanker, or some variation thereof, is simply going to lead to the post being exiled to the icy wastelands of Hoth, out of sight and harm's way. Repeat offenders will be asked to moderate their posts and appropriate action taken if it continues.

I have been given a mandate to follow protocol with as a light a touch as possible, but my programming does allow for swift action in matters such as this.

Thank you all for your kind attention,

Threepio

1 R2 maintained that his stance on the Dark Side was something to do with his ears sticking out so far that there was little advantage to a recumbent position in any event