Author Topic: Best Colour scheme on Vista HCX in strong sunlight.  (Read 1395 times)

2_Flat_Erics

• 2 Flat Eric's
Best Colour scheme on Vista HCX in strong sunlight.
« on: 18 July, 2010, 04:18:39 pm »
I'm using our  new Vista HCx with the default colour scheme at the moment and find it pretty hard to read in strong sunlight.

I know that any LCD screen is going to be hard to read in direct light but Garmin do make a big point in the advertising about it haveing a screen that is viewable in strong direct sunlight.

Do any of you other users of the Etrex range have a preffered colour scheme for use in bright sunlight conditions?
Never argue with an idot....
They just bring you down to their level
then win on experience.

2 Flat Erics You Tube Channel

Re: Best Colour scheme on Vista HCX in strong sunlight.
« Reply #1 on: 18 July, 2010, 08:17:36 pm »
I use default colours (apart from displaying routes & tracks in pink or blue) and I have one of those anti-glare screen films. I don't seem to struggle to much but I only tend to use pre-planned routes navigating only at turns when the back light comes on - ie I don't use it as a map deciding on the route as I go along. 

« Reply #2 on: 18 July, 2010, 08:31:07 pm »
I think adjusting the mounting angle will make more of a difference than colour schemes - takes a little while to get it optimised for your usual riding position. I just use the default schemes, apart from changing tracks to bilious green.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #3 on: 18 July, 2010, 10:59:05 pm »
Angle it square on to your face.

Yes, this is a real problem if the sun is such that all you see is your lovely face smiling back at you, but at all other times, it's the best angle.
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.