Author Topic: 2 hours at Manchester Velodrome?  (Read 1373 times)

2 hours at Manchester Velodrome?
« on: 31 January, 2010, 06:00:39 pm »
This is just a tentative enquiry to see if there's any interest. We've just had a 2 hour track session with another forum and I was wondering if there was any interest for one for yacf?

You can have up to twenty-five riders in a private 2 hour session with a coach giving a structured session to suit your capabilities. We've done four of them now and have had a real mix of total beginners through to experienced track riders at each one and they've been enjoyed by everyone who's come along. No hassle no pressure, just riding round and round and round as you see fit. Enjoying it is of utmost importance.

They need booking a couple or more months in advance and the cost today for 23 riders with bike and shoe hire was just under thirty quid per rider. If people have dropped out on the day or before, the cost of the session has just been split between fewer riders ie more pricey. Would that work for you?

Is anyone keen? If there's enough people interested then I'd be happy to get one booked.

*usual caveat - please move this if it's in the wrong section*

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Re: 2 hours at Manchester Velodrome?
« Reply #1 on: 31 January, 2010, 08:05:59 pm »
I don't want to hi-jack the thread ... but I've organised about 7 or 8 sessions at Newport (S Wales) Velodrome [track is the same as at Manchester] and a few at Machester (although that's a greater distance away, and harder to make bookings since Chris Hoy and co's performance in China.

A few acf chaps have been : Martin109, ChrisN, Jaded and some others I can't remember.

We were at Newport yesterday. 30 Jan.  - same sort of deal but it's cheaper than Manchester! - cycling coach, structured tuition and (usually) a timed balls-out effort to sort the men from the boys and establish some speed measures for next time!

Next session I have booked at Newport is Sunday 21 March 1500 - 1700  - PM if interested and I'll let you have the details.  

Book with me and pay - that's confirmed - bike hire if you need one payable on the day. 

I work on a budget to cover cost with a comfortable number, if a few more join in then any surplus goes to MacRide (see sig) the charity ride I organise.

Rob

tharg2007

« Reply #2 on: 31 January, 2010, 10:20:39 pm »
haha longers, i just came on here looking for more sessions!!  ;D ;D

« Reply #3 on: 31 January, 2010, 10:47:04 pm »
I missed you today, I'll say hello time eh?

Euan Uzami

« Reply #4 on: 31 January, 2010, 11:02:08 pm »
yeah i'll do it

Chris S

« Reply #5 on: 31 January, 2010, 11:07:16 pm »
I could well be up for this.