Author Topic: The Good News / Bad News Thread  (Read 395638 times)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Re: The Good News / Bad News Thread
« Reply #1075 on: 20 May, 2013, 10:28:12 am »
BN: there's a 'bake-off' taking place in the office today and I'm working from home.

GN: there's a 'bake-off' taking place in the office today and I'm working from home.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1076 on: 21 May, 2013, 06:46:39 pm »
GN: I rode up Nine Tree Hill today just for fun.
BN: I rode up Nine Tree Hill today just for fun.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #1077 on: 21 May, 2013, 07:00:01 pm »
And there's more!
BN: I won't be able to go camping on the first weekend of June.
GN: This is so that Mrs Cudzo can do a Very Important and Useful Training - and then train others!

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1078 on: 22 May, 2013, 11:14:13 am »
BN : Peli's bug has become rather nasty - pain, aches all over, hot cold then cold hot, no sleep, fever running amok. Doctor visit ordered since we can't get her out of bed.
FN : since it is more fun news than good news : I had a sleepness night with fever induced chats with Peli - boy does fever bugs make up some well funny stories. If only one could write down what went onu inside her head last night.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1079 on: 22 May, 2013, 11:24:50 am »
boy does fever bugs make up some well funny stories. If only one could write down what went onu inside her head last night.

Ask barakta about the crocodile and the leg letter some time...   :D

« Reply #1080 on: 22 May, 2013, 03:22:46 pm »
BN: I'm pretty sure I have an early-stage Basel cell carcinoma on my forehead

GN: I'm seeing the doc at the end of the month anyway and it will be easy to cut off 'cause it's not covered by hair.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1081 on: 22 May, 2013, 07:11:11 pm »
Hurrah!  I have booked my flight & car for September's excursion to USAnia.
Bah! It looks like the car will end up as a totally shite Chrysler 200 again.  Bang goes my right ankle.  Only about a 7000 mile round tripp.  Fucksticks >:(
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #1082 on: 22 May, 2013, 09:43:16 pm »
Good news: a nice sunny day, cycling, eating real Cornish pasties and a pleasant beer.

Bad news: bending down while erecting my tent, my Endura Humvees split right up the arse seam.  :-(
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1083 on: 22 May, 2013, 09:50:23 pm »
too many pasties?
 ;D

« Reply #1084 on: 23 May, 2013, 10:00:09 pm »
Good news: a nice sunny day, cycling, eating real Cornish pasties and a pleasant beer.

Bad news: bending down while erecting my tent, my Endura Humvees split right up the arse seam.  :-(

Sounds like good living to me.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #1085 on: 31 May, 2013, 01:37:41 pm »
GN: MsCharly is back for summer!

BN: She's intending to head off for 2 weeks cycle-touring with her FWHTBAB

GN: She wants to go cycle touring for a week with me

BN: She's intending to go to spain for a while with FWHTBAB (schoolfriend has offered use of a house over there).
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #1086 on: 31 May, 2013, 08:18:22 pm »
BN: For 9 days, Mrs Cudzo made me buy "the shitty Sun" - without looking at page 3 of course, because "it's degrading to women" - (both phrases hers) because there was a competition to win tickets to Legoland. So I had to find places where I could be sure nobody I know would see me!
 8) <That's me, incognito and feeling slightly dirty.

GN: She won! (Despite - or because of? - ticking the box to say she never buys it normally.)

BN: Only two tickets and there are three of us.

GN: I've already promised to marshall on Bristol's Biggest Bike Ride that day, anyway.

« Reply #1087 on: 01 June, 2013, 08:49:19 am »
Good News : - I rode 74 miles yesterday, which included an ascent of the Long Mynd from Rattlinghope

Bad News : - The descent of the Burway into Church Stretton was a life-threatening experience which cooked the brakes on my Giant

simonp

« Reply #1088 on: 06 June, 2013, 04:41:05 pm »
Good: played 5-a-side. Knees fine. Astroturf ftw.

Bad: had a shoulder-nose interface, nosebleed, think slightly cracked cartilage. Nose started bleeding again just now. Arse.

Good: scored 4 goals, was on winning side.

« Reply #1089 on: 15 June, 2013, 07:58:01 pm »
Bad News - my obnoxious boss returns from 2 weeks in Turkey on Monday

Good News - I've just started 2 weeks leave !

Hussah !

No ""Spade is a spade" Yorkshirisms for a month.

(But I,m sure there will be trouble`t mill on July 1st)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1090 on: 21 June, 2013, 11:15:09 pm »
BN:  Due to our complete inability to match four diaries this year, my Sunday 7th July was planned thus:
Drive from camp site in Great Langdale to Bournville -drop off #1 son. - 171 miles
Drive from Bournville to Carmarthen - drop off #2 son (in time for work shift) - 164 miles
Drive from Carmarthen to Waunifor, Maesycrugiau - 15 miles - Load dog  ::-) and bike (I'm doing the annual ride home to Wales next week, so the B'ham tourer will be down there)
Drive from Waunifor to Bournville - 161 miles.
<ride to Country Girl and back - 2.5 miles  ;D>

Wasn't looking forward to over 500 miles in one day.  (Funny - 'cos I've driven >800 mile journeys in USAiania on several occasions without feeling tired (probably 'cos they didn't involve the A40 or dogs)

GN:  Mrs B has booked an earlier day off work and the boys get possession of the car one day earlier.
Great Langdale have responded positively to my e-mail request to move our two night booking forward by one day.

I'd better buy one of those hats that old people wear when they're driving slowly.  :thumbsup:
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #1091 on: 22 June, 2013, 03:33:09 pm »
My flat is absolutely filthy and after about a month of meaning to but not, I finally mustered the mojo to get the vacuum cleaner out and at least make a start and then one of the wheels fell off it and won't stay back on.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1092 on: 22 June, 2013, 06:31:10 pm »
Good - it stayed dry for long enough for me to go for a walk at the local nature reserve while Pingu audaxes.
Bad - the alleged 4.5km route I reckon was more like twice that, it took me 2 hours, I thought I was lost at one point, the path was overgrown with spiky gorse and nettles (ow) and I didn't see a single otter, seal, pine marten or sqrl. Not a bloody sausage.
My feet are fucking killing me.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #1093 on: 22 June, 2013, 10:44:09 pm »
Good - it stayed dry for long enough for me to go for a walk at the local nature reserve while Pingu audaxes.
Bad - the alleged 4.5km route I reckon was more like twice that, it took me 2 hours, I thought I was lost at one point, the path was overgrown with spiky gorse and nettles (ow) and I didn't see a single otter, seal, pine marten or sqrl. Not a bloody sausage.
My feet are fucking killing me.

I expect the pine martens ate the sausage. Perhaps the others were just on holiday...
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #1094 on: 23 June, 2013, 02:01:15 pm »
I really shouldn't be allowed out on my own...

Good News:  Went over to Decathlon to have a look at a new sleeping mat.  They didn't have the one I wanted so that saved me some money.   :thumbsup:

Bad News:  I came out with a new bike  :facepalm:
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #1095 on: 23 June, 2013, 03:36:38 pm »
GN: Eldest daughter has been learnign to ride horses. She is managing very well.
BN: She enjoys it.
GN: She is old enough to pay for her own hobbies now from her paper round.

"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1096 on: 23 June, 2013, 03:45:59 pm »
GN: Took the Green Machine out for its first spin for quite a while today, which involved meeting people (something I'm not really that good at) and discovering the most excellent cafe in Rowntree Park. It occurred to me that despite having lived in York for nearly 20 years this is the first time I've had a good nose around the park. It's really rather nice.
BN: The brakes are howling like nobody's business, and no amount of fettling seems to have cured it (ie. sanding the pads, cleaning the rotors with isopropyl alcohol, aligning the calipers etc.)
GN: Seem that Avid G2CS rotors are notoriously noisy - looks like the 160mm rotors I mistakenly ordered last week might not need to be sent back after all.
BN-ish: By going down this route I'll still have to fork out for a pair of 180mm rotors for n+1, and probably some sintered pads for the rest of the disc-braked fleet.

Definitely BN: had to bail out of today's ride after a most excellent Sunday lunch - everyone else was off down to Riccall whilst I had to return home to do Proper Work :(

« Reply #1097 on: 24 June, 2013, 09:20:24 am »
BN: the car's MOT expired yonks ago and Ms AWL has been driving round in it blissfully unaware. I only found out when I tried to tax it.

GN: We've got away with it, so far, and the local garage got us booked in this morning at short notice.

Edit: It passed. The garage charged a few quid to align the lights and top up some fluids. Not unreasonable.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1098 on: 24 June, 2013, 09:41:47 am »
GN: Built my first wheel :D
BN: When I finished the clock said 3:20am - oops

BN: I overslept and got to work 30 mins late - :-\
GN: None of the rest of my team are in the office today so it looks like I got away with it :)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #1099 on: 24 June, 2013, 11:15:38 am »
BN

- On Friday, some ****** nicked the four packets of reduced (down to 25p)  rhubard from my trolley in Waitrose.  I'd scanned them and hadn't noticed, so I ended up paying for them.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

GN

- I still got the money off offer so still made a profit of 25p on not having each one  ;D