Author Topic: Who would like my Audax points...  (Read 10025 times)

Re: Who would like my Audax points...
« Reply #50 on: 04 June, 2017, 08:29:53 pm »
ACH would be our choice -  we have members world-wide - Labs RIP lived in Cambridge and frequented many of our Last Thursday of the Month Drinks.  Oxford Base could also prove kighty handy for The Dean 2018

« Reply #51 on: 04 June, 2017, 09:33:04 pm »
Are "we" getting a tad serious about what started as a light hearted and amusing comment.

It does touch a nerve for some.

There's a whole history behind it.

« Reply #52 on: 05 June, 2017, 10:07:13 am »
I don't know how many points I have...is that bad? But I do live near Oxford and have also ridden a few of Mark Rigby's rides...very enjoyable. I joined the ACH page on facebook as I have ridden with a few of the ACH guys...does that mean I am a member? (plus I like the shirt and was thinking of ordering one).

Think I'll just go and ride  :)

« Reply #53 on: 24 June, 2017, 10:04:38 pm »
I was chatting to a guy on the Avon Cycleway 130 organised by Rob of ACB today. (Cracking event Rob. Respect) and we got talking about point allocation.

Question 1/ I am a member of AUK but no other club. So who gets my points? This chap said he thinks my points go to ACB which is my nearest Audax club (I live in BA3) is this correct?

Question 2/ He said I am automatically a member of ACB because of the above? Is this correct?

Question 3/ I can't do the Wednesday ACB evening rides EVER because of transport and child care logistics, but I could do some of the fun rides and I look really good in black and orange. Is there any benefit to joining ACB? (Only my business is on Facebook which I think is how ACB do things and I don't want a personal FB page. What to do? Is there any benefit to joining ACB?

Many thanks.

« Reply #54 on: 25 June, 2017, 04:51:19 am »
ACB are a good bunch which in itself is a benefit of joining. What other benefits were you hoping for? I don't think any audax clubs do a loyalty scheme.

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #55 on: 25 June, 2017, 08:04:18 am »

Hang on - is Audax UK a club. We're all members.

Not necessarily so, YACF isn't Audax UK.

IanN

• Voon
« Reply #56 on: 25 June, 2017, 07:51:36 pm »
Is there any benefit to joining ACB?
I'm sure Cudzo will be along at some point, but...  because we are all lovely ;D

You'd need to designate ACB as your club in your AUK account. the membership criteria is broadly - living roughly in Bristol area (old DA), giving your AUK points to the club and joining in on rides as best you can.
I think the benefit of joining any club is if there is a social side (pub/ride) and you get to know people.
I don't do facebook, but I joined Strava only to find out when the ACB pub meets are.

« Reply #57 on: 25 June, 2017, 09:38:40 pm »
Is there any benefit to joining ACB?
I'm sure Cudzo will be along at some point, but...  because we are all lovely ;D

You'd need to designate ACB as your club in your AUK account. the membership criteria is broadly - living roughly in Bristol area (old DA), giving your AUK points to the club and joining in on rides as best you can.
I think the benefit of joining any club is if there is a social side (pub/ride) and you get to know people.
I don't do facebook, but I joined Strava only to find out when the ACB pub meets are.

Thanks Ian. All the ACB lot are an amiable bunch you are right. I'll wait for him to pounce and share his wisdom. I have met a couple of times so I'm sure I'll get the advice I need. I've joined ACB on Strava which is new wizardry to me, but better than FB in my opinion. I'll have a look at the AUK website to see if I can figure out the points allocation thing and the formality of ACB membership. Thanks again.