Author Topic: Dakota routing advise  (Read 984 times)

Dakota routing advise
« on: 19 June, 2013, 09:20:06 pm »
Hi all - new to the forum and the my dakota so help really appreciated.

I uploaded a short 20mile route (using the term losely) from mapmybike into basemap - that created a track which was fine when loaded onto the dakota - however one of the reasons for buying the dakota was i liked the turn by turn directions in the routing function as find that easier to follow - so in basemap i changed the track to a route (knowing there are limits on points in different modes etc) - when i tried to use the route file o nmy dakota it behaved as a track with lollipop points along the way - no turning directions which is what i really want - is it something to do with my settings.........the mapmybike format ?

Help appreciated.

As a second questions, can anyone recommend a detailed user manual for the dakota as the one provided doesnt touch on the detail - setup, profile etc that make such a difference - already caught out by the 50 point limit on navigate by road option for example.

Many thanks

Re: Dakota routing advise
« Reply #1 on: 19 June, 2013, 09:51:00 pm »
Probably worth reading this thread on the LEL board as there is a good summary in there about what the Dakota can and can't do.