Author Topic: Tandem Spotting  (Read 1642 times)

Tandem Spotting
« on: 10 March, 2014, 11:33:10 am »
On Friday I was driving back from the car hire place and saw some people in hi-viz ahead. As I got closer I realised from the formation that it was a group of tandems :D. When I was right behind I could read that their tabards stated they were from see ability and the stokers were blind cyclists. I was behind for a while, until it was safe to pass although the chap in a BMW behind made a prat of himself and passed and had to keep stopping for the oncoming cars to avoid him :facepalm: I got a big thumbs up when I did pass. There were about 6 or 8 tandems and they made me smile :).
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Re: Tandem Spotting
« Reply #1 on: 10 March, 2014, 12:38:02 pm »
When I drive my car, I'm often amazed by how cyclists can be grateful when you  pass them without threatening their life. It's almost like the chap in the BMW has the normally expected behaviour.

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
Re: Tandem Spotting
« Reply #2 on: 10 March, 2014, 06:09:18 pm »
It amazes them even more when I courteously overtake a bunch of cyclists while being a chap in a BMW ;)

As for my tandem-spotting, while cycling through Marlborough yesterday I thought I was approaching a couple of teens on BSOs... then I noticed the synchronised pedalling, and then as we both turned a corner I noticed it was actually a tandem. Said hello as I passed - it didn't look like they were "regular" tandemists but were steady enough on it and obviously having a whale of a time.