Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 897043 times)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #2825 on: 19 January, 2018, 08:32:44 am »
...or the Chump's chimp?
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #2826 on: 19 January, 2018, 08:33:18 am »
Separated at girth?
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #2827 on: 19 January, 2018, 08:46:22 am »
Boris "lets build a bridge across the channel" Johnson

Amazing bridge structures have been achieved across the world. Not as outlandish as it was 25 years ago.
So you think that building multiple piers across one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world is sensible?

Johnson just wants to attach his name to mega-structures. He has no interest in practicality or whether they can be funded.  He is a complete and utter S-T
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #2828 on: 19 January, 2018, 08:57:02 am »
Well at least it isn't a wall.  I expect Daily Hate and Sexpest readers to hate the idea.  Oh wait: where do these people go on holiday ...

ian

« Reply #2829 on: 19 January, 2018, 09:19:42 am »
Spain. He should build it to Spain. Malaga, I think. Or the Costa del Sol.

« Reply #2830 on: 19 January, 2018, 09:20:54 am »
Only if we can bury him in the foundations as an offering to Neptune....
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #2831 on: 19 January, 2018, 09:33:15 am »
Spain. He should build it to Spain. Malaga, I think. Or the Costa del Sol.

I was thinking more broadly - Europe.  Those mad Mr. Toads like to pop across the channel and poot poot along with the hood down stopping only to savour delicious french cuisine whilst sipping fine wines. 

All a bridge would really bring would be a string of articulated lorries and toll booths as it's bound to be a PFI style project.  Imagine the chaos with mid-bridge accidents, breakdowns and incidents. 

ian

« Reply #2832 on: 19 January, 2018, 09:47:23 am »
If it's anything nearly as successful as his cable car across the Thames drivers will get their own personal lane. It'll be like living in a car advert.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2833 on: 19 January, 2018, 10:13:52 am »
Boris "lets build a bridge across the channel" Johnson

Amazing bridge structures have been achieved across the world. Not as outlandish as it was 25 years ago.
So you think that building multiple piers across one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world is sensible?

Johnson just wants to attach his name to mega-structures. He has no interest in practicality or whether they can be funded.  He is a complete and utter S-T

Look what I got in today's Twitter feed...

1908 illustration of HG Wells book.

« Reply #2834 on: 19 January, 2018, 02:28:05 pm »
Jeremy "Look, this chart shows pretty colours, including lots of red!" Hunt
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #2835 on: 19 January, 2018, 04:06:27 pm »
^This
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #2836 on: 19 January, 2018, 07:24:12 pm »
Jeremy "Look, this chart shows pretty colours, including lots of red!" Hunt

Agreed - what an idiot.

It's difficult to see the full detail on the chart, but it looks like around 60 shifts not covered on the day in question, half of them qualified Nurses. One of the red flagged wards has 15 patients needing help feeding and 6-8 staff on duty at meal times, and ratio of qualfied nurses to patients is 1:14

I wouldn't really expect him to understand staff shortages though. I doubt that if an MP calls in sick their colleagues find they have an extra workload as a consequence.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #2837 on: 21 January, 2018, 09:53:33 am »
I keep saying this, that there seems to be a complete lack of comprehension that the staffing crises in public services are caused by treatment of the workers, and in particular pay, which feeds back into the cycle as overwork caused by the lack of retention, which...etc. It isn't cured by recruitment when said new recruits all immediately resign when they find out what the job is actually like.

The supetwat bit is that despite their blanket refusal to acknowledge those facts, the government knows that they are, indeed, facts.

That implies that they are doing it deliberately, that (concentrate on consonant) Hunt et al actively want the services to fail.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #2838 on: 21 January, 2018, 09:57:32 am »
Michael Gove (again)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/gove-rants-at-clock-watching-civil-servants-m9c3d3smx?utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter_119&utm_medium=email&utm_content=119_January%2021,%202018&CMP=TNLEmail_118918_2810975_119

An arrogant know-nothing ideologue who completely fails to understand that decisions are normally best made by those who know a little about the topic already (from years of experience) or are prepared to put in a bit of effort to learn a little about it. 
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #2839 on: 21 January, 2018, 10:21:09 am »
Elle Darby

And if you haven't heard of her, that's because she's not very good at her (self-appointed) job.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #2840 on: 21 January, 2018, 10:35:07 am »
She is only doing what thousands of vloggers on youtube are also doing.  Personally I find it a vacuous and unsustainable industry but she is still making a legitimate living out of it.

I think the bigger knob is the hotel manager.  This was of course his crude attempt to gain some free publicity.  There is no excuse for the resulting hate mob from the lower half of the internet.

citoyen

« Reply #2841 on: 21 January, 2018, 10:56:14 am »
She is only doing what thousands of vloggers on youtube are also doing.  Personally I find it a vacuous and unsustainable industry but she is still making a legitimate living out of it.

Vacuous and unsustainable occupations are not good for society in the long term.

I think the bigger knob is the hotel manager.  This was of course his crude attempt to gain some free publicity.

Sauce for the goose, and all that. She was attempting to blag free stuff, he exploited her request to his own ends. He seems a lot more clued up than her about how marketing works.

Bill Hicks was right.

rr

« Reply #2842 on: 21 January, 2018, 12:18:23 pm »
I keep saying this, that there seems to be a complete lack of comprehension that the staffing crises in public services are caused by treatment of the workers, and in particular pay, which feeds back into the cycle as overwork caused by the lack of retention, which...etc. It isn't cured by recruitment when said new recruits all immediately resign when they find out what the job is actually like.

The supetwat bit is that despite their blanket refusal to acknowledge those facts, the government knows that they are, indeed, facts.

That implies that they are doing it deliberately, that (concentrate on consonant) Hunt et al actively want the services to fail.
Totally
Add in firefighting job moves to cover leavers destroying career plans to the vicious cycle.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

ian

« Reply #2843 on: 21 January, 2018, 12:26:36 pm »

Vacuous and unsustainable occupations are not good for society in the long term.

I think the bigger knob is the hotel manager.  This was of course his crude attempt to gain some free publicity.

Sauce for the goose, and all that. She was attempting to blag free stuff, he exploited her request to his own ends. He seems a lot more clued up than her about how marketing works.

Bill Hicks was right.

She seems to have been substantially PWNED anyway. Good god, 'social media influencer' – people use those words to describe themselves without somehow combusting on the spot and leaving nothing other than scorch marks and a bad smell.

Ah, I'm getting old. And thank god for that.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2844 on: 21 January, 2018, 12:58:27 pm »

That's because you're watching the wrong ones.  It's like television, in that respect, where 99% is crap, and about half of the remainder is interesting but unwatchable due to the production style.

The rule of thumb about people who are/seek to be famous for being famous also applies.

I think the bigger knob is the hotel manager.  This was of course his crude attempt to gain some free publicity.  There is no excuse for the resulting hate mob from the lower half of the internet.

Quite, though I'd say his crude attempt at gaining some free publicity was better than her crude attempt to gain a free hotel stay.

citoyen

« Reply #2845 on: 21 January, 2018, 01:17:54 pm »
She seems to have been substantially PWNED anyway.

If she'd carried out even the most basic research (how hard is it to read a few reviews on tripadvisor?), she'd have known better than to approach that particular establishment, which has a reputation for not giving a fuck. The owner may well be a nobber but he appears to be running a successful business that's actually providing a genuine service to paying customers, many of whom seem to appreciate his style.

Reminds me a bit of Wong Kei, which people used to go to specifically for the pleasure of being insulted by the waiters. I was most disappointed when I had lunch there to find them perfectly courteous, and the food was quite acceptable too.

ian

« Reply #2846 on: 21 January, 2018, 01:29:50 pm »
It seems she just believed she could use the same MO everywhere to get free stuff. She's so special, you know, she has followers. It's that she didn't just suck it up, she then whines about not getting a freebie like it's so unfair because, you know, she has followers. I mean, don't people understand that? Cynically trading virtual popularity. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

And yes, a bit a research would have told her that perhaps it wasn't the establishment to target (and really, are they going to give a shit about her followers, they're unlikely to comprise the kind of the people who'd pay to stay).

citoyen

« Reply #2847 on: 21 January, 2018, 01:31:55 pm »

Quite, though I'd say his crude attempt at gaining some free publicity was better than her crude attempt to gain a free hotel stay.

Worth noting that he didn't name her in his open letter that he posted on facebook. Nor was his letter personally abusive. Rude, perhaps, but not personally abusive.

She would have remained anonymous had she not outed herself by posting that ridiculous video. And even if he had named her, he is not responsible for the arseholes giving her personal abuse on social media - they're just the kind of nasty idiots who will jump on any excuse to abuse women online.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2848 on: 21 January, 2018, 01:56:04 pm »
Is she a slightly more advanced version of Max Headroom?  Real people do not have skin like that.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #2849 on: 22 January, 2018, 12:36:43 pm »
The twats behind this http://www.earthnotaglobe.co.uk/ who paid for a massive billboard advert in Macclesfield
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius