Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 896850 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #3075 on: 25 March, 2018, 12:26:42 pm »
David Warner. A cheating thug masquerading as a cricketer.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3076 on: 25 March, 2018, 06:11:33 pm »
He was good in The Omen, though.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #3077 on: 25 March, 2018, 06:14:56 pm »
Rick Santorum - he's saying that US school pupils should learn CPR instead of agitating for gun control.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3078 on: 25 March, 2018, 06:41:17 pm »
Rick Santorum - he's saying that US school pupils should learn CPR instead of agitating for gun control.

...and the mortality for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest from gunshot wound is??? I suspect >98% but will check...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3079 on: 25 March, 2018, 06:56:56 pm »

...and the mortality for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest from gunshot wound is??? I suspect >98% but will check...

Isn't the mortality rate horrendous for pretty much everything except things like cold-water drowning and electric shock, where the heart stops in an otherwise functional body?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3080 on: 25 March, 2018, 08:35:32 pm »

Isn't the mortality rate horrendous for pretty much everything except things like cold-water drowning and electric shock, where the heart stops in an otherwise functional body?

Yes. Looking for scholarly references, I see there was a strong 'don't bother' meme until recently.

« Reply #3081 on: 26 March, 2018, 09:38:26 am »

What, the Rick Santorum who didn't come off so well from his anti-gay views either? (warning, probably NSFW link!)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_for_the_neologism_%22santorum%22
 ;D

« Reply #3082 on: 26 March, 2018, 01:39:21 pm »

Yes. Looking for scholarly references, I see there was a strong 'don't bother' meme until recently.

I have just gone through our company H+S induction programme( big plant handling phenols and chlorine gas). One of the stories told was how the  site first aiders actually saved a guy who had a full cardiac arrest in the middle of the factory area , even though he was “dead” on several occasions . He is now able to talk about it but will probably never work again.
So it is possible but quite rare, hence the push for more defibrillators out in the community.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3083 on: 26 March, 2018, 02:45:57 pm »

I have just gone through our company H+S induction programme( big plant handling phenols and chlorine gas). One of the stories told was how the  site first aiders actually saved a guy who had a full cardiac arrest in the middle of the factory area , even though he was “dead” on several occasions . He is now able to talk about it but will probably never work again.
So it is possible but quite rare, hence the push for more defibrillators out in the community.

Well done all of you! Various chemicals can precipitate VF in an otherwise intact and salvageable body.
CPR has rather less chance of success if the victim has bled out and/or has catastrophic damage from a bullet...

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #3084 on: 26 March, 2018, 08:14:05 pm »
I am reminded of an American definition of 'waste of time'---like a Band-Aid on a sucking chest wound.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

« Reply #3085 on: 26 March, 2018, 09:50:29 pm »
There are times when it is really worthwhile. People who have gone into very cold water. Snakebite/blue-ring-octopus bite victims. People who have had electric shocks.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3086 on: 26 March, 2018, 10:06:21 pm »
There are times when it is really worthwhile. People who have gone into very cold water. Snakebite/blue-ring-octopus bite victims. People who have had electric shocks.

Indeed. None of these are smashed to smithereens. A high-velocity bullet causes a blast wave and cavitation way beyond the missile's track. Cardiac arrest from such catastrophic damage is much less likely to be reversible.

« Reply #3087 on: 27 March, 2018, 06:30:22 pm »
Super twat = Boris Johnson

Super not a twat = John Bercow (at least on this occasion. 

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/978594893030412288
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3088 on: 27 March, 2018, 06:35:22 pm »
Say what you want about Bercow, but he does dispense a good bollocking.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #3089 on: 27 March, 2018, 07:37:43 pm »
Yes. Good on JB. I see the S-T did his usual apology-notapology though  >:(
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3090 on: 30 March, 2018, 11:33:15 am »
Chris Grayling

Amazingly, fuel from a service station in the middle of nowhere for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year is more expensive than fuel bought from a loss-leading exercise attached to a supermarket.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #3091 on: 30 March, 2018, 11:51:50 am »
Is there an election in the offing?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #3092 on: 30 March, 2018, 11:56:00 am »
The Tory government, all of the fuckers.

£3m to sort out the homeless problem.

Greg Beales, campaigns director at homelessness charity Shelter, said that while the new measures would make "a genuine difference", most people become homeless because they cannot afford anywhere to live - "a situation made far worse by welfare cuts".

The government's strategy should include "building more social homes to rent, and making sure housing benefit is fit for purpose," he added."

This was echoed by shadow housing secretary John Healey, who said: "You can't help the homeless if you won't provide the homes, and the money announced here is less than 1% of the Conservatives' annual cut to funding for new low-cost housing."
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #3093 on: 30 March, 2018, 12:00:48 pm »
Chris Grayling

Amazingly, fuel from a service station in the middle of nowhere for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year is more expensive than fuel bought from a loss-leading exercise attached to a supermarket.

The cost of capitalism and the free market.

The Tory government, all of the fuckers.

£3m to sort out the homeless problem.

Greg Beales, campaigns director at homelessness charity Shelter, said that while the new measures would make "a genuine difference", most people become homeless because they cannot afford anywhere to live - "a situation made far worse by welfare cuts".

The government's strategy should include "building more social homes to rent, and making sure housing benefit is fit for purpose," he added."

This was echoed by shadow housing secretary John Healey, who said: "You can't help the homeless if you won't provide the homes, and the money announced here is less than 1% of the Conservatives' annual cut to funding for new low-cost housing.""

Why house them when it's cheaper to let somebody else find them a bed?

It's simply the tory PR machine trying to change their nasty image.

« Reply #3094 on: 30 March, 2018, 01:53:49 pm »
That is £30m thinks but still woefully inadequate. The government appears to be trying to demonstrate additional spending power arising from a Brexit 'dividend'. However the reality is another £100+ billion of borrowing. You may remember we were supposed to be in surplus from 2020 (Osborne) hence Austerity hence rapidly rising homelessness. Additional taxes here we come.

http://citywire.co.uk/money/obr-pins-59bn-of-ballooning-borrowing-on-brexit/a973318

http://obr.uk/
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #3095 on: 30 March, 2018, 09:17:36 pm »

Beardy

• Shedist
Re: Super-Twats
« Reply #3096 on: 30 March, 2018, 09:52:13 pm »
All the councillors in this article! https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/29/tour-de-france-has-led-copycat-cyclists-struggling-country-roads/
so the article is about North Yorkshire’s poor provisos for increased cyclist numbers but the accompanying picture is of the peloton failing to struggle up the cobbled high street of the famous
West Yorkshire village of Haworth. The level of journalism doesn’t improve does it?
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #3097 on: 31 March, 2018, 09:26:43 am »
Alan Sugar.  Vile little shit imo.

« Reply #3098 on: 03 April, 2018, 09:31:17 pm »
Nadine Dorries.  Seems like she can only dish it out.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3099 on: 04 April, 2018, 10:34:54 am »
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime