Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 897341 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #6050 on: 15 November, 2022, 04:53:08 pm »
Space Karen:Twitter for Android is slow because it makes loadsa RPCs!
Twitter Techie:Pish, & moreover, tosh!
E Muskrat:Then please correct me. What is the right number?
TT:None.  I counted them.  Twice.
EM:Ur fired!

The real punchline is that the LOMBARD ran with the techie's point that it's not the RPCs it's the features/services/tech bloat as if he'd come up with it himself, declared that unnecessary services would be ditched and now 2-factor authorisation is borked because the service that delivers the log-in code has been shut down. ;D :facepalm:

As the meme goes, "This is fine..."

ETA: The LOMBARD has deleted his tweet saying the techie was fired and the poster Elon was replying to, who suggested the techie should be fired for having an attitude problem has gone and limited who can view their tweets (probably got flamed something rotten).

Scrolling through the replies to a tweet replying to LOMBARD's "he's fired" tweet, I've just seen a post suggesting that SMS services started going wrong after the first round of mass firings.

A Very Nervous Gamedev@NervousGamedev·12h
Replying to @Scott_A_Moody @SixTwoPoo  and 5 others
I want to point out that this was a problem even before that microservices shutdown was announced. I think the SMS stuff was a delayed side effect of the first wave of employee attrition
A Very Nervous Gamedev@NervousGamedev·11 Nov
i think twitter might eat it soon
i tried requesting data archive but it won't send confirmation texts anymore
it was working the other day for my main acct :c
https://twitter.com/NervousGamedev/status/1592381119097622530

ETA 2: In case you're wondering, "LOMBARD" = Loads Of Money But A Real Dickhead - I think Kim mentioned this (William Gibson-coined?) acronym either upthread or in another Musk/Twitter-related thread...
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #6051 on: 15 November, 2022, 06:16:13 pm »
I noted LOMBARD inna William-Gibson-stylee a while back – it was in the first bok of his Blue Ant trilogy.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6052 on: 17 November, 2022, 09:59:56 am »

« Reply #6053 on: 17 November, 2022, 11:05:11 pm »
Another day, another ill-conceived pronouncement from Space Karen.

Elon wants "hardcore", eh? What's the worst that could happen?

Well...

Elon demanded Hardcore.

Now he’s begging for PG-13.

Techmeme@Techmeme·1h
Sources: Elon Musk softens his remote work stance and is trying to convince staffers to stay, as more than anticipated opt to leave ahead of his 5pm ET deadline (Bloomberg)

https://bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-17/musk-softens-remote-work-mandate-to-retain-twitter-staffers

http://techmeme.com/221117/p32#a221117p32
https://twitter.com/davepell/status/1593355951452565504
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #6054 on: 19 November, 2022, 11:23:35 pm »
Gianni Infantino and his rambling 'I'm gay, I'm Arab, I'm African, I'm disabled and oh yes I'm a woman' speech today.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6055 on: 20 November, 2022, 12:37:21 am »
Is there a bit in the FIFA President's job description that states the holder of the post must be:
  • Corrupt, or
  • An utter twat, or
  • Both
???

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #6056 on: 20 November, 2022, 12:51:46 am »
Is there a bit in the FIFA President's job description that states the holder of the post must be:
  • Corrupt, or
  • An utter twat, or
  • Both
???
There’s no need for an entry into,the job description because the only candidates that the corrupt board of utter twats would ask to apply for the job would be one of their own.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #6057 on: 20 November, 2022, 07:08:52 pm »
  • Corrupt, or
  • An utter twat, or
  • Both
???
It's one of those unspoken things that is too obvious to need stating.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

« Reply #6058 on: 21 November, 2022, 10:03:30 am »
FIFA.

What a terrible message to send the world in my opinion.

« Reply #6059 on: 22 November, 2022, 01:37:19 pm »
If I wasn't already put off, it would be enough to put me off the Association Football.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

« Reply #6060 on: 22 November, 2022, 06:32:13 pm »
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #6061 on: 22 November, 2022, 06:48:39 pm »
Owen Paterson, eurosceptic…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63714944

You beat me to it!  Brexiteer who says we should have nothing to do with the European Court of Human Rights (of which the UK is a founding member, and is nothing to do with the EU) is now trying to take a case to the ECHR arguing that he has been unfairly treated.  Couldn't make it up FFS.
Sunshine approaching from the South.

First time in 1,000 years.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #6062 on: 22 November, 2022, 07:23:39 pm »
The badgers have moved the eurosceptic goalposts.

« Reply #6063 on: 22 November, 2022, 07:45:41 pm »
Beat me to it too.

The sheer bare-faced entitlement of the b@st@rd staggers me.  Suddenly parliamentary sovereignty comes second to a European court in the eyes of a rabid berkshiteer when he doesn't get his own way because he's been a little corrupt.  Great example Patterson you mega super twat.   

Natural justice he calls it.  I call it entitled hypocrisy.

« Reply #6064 on: 22 November, 2022, 08:20:18 pm »
I doubt Armando Iannucci could have come up with anything as bonkers as that.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #6065 on: 23 November, 2022, 05:38:13 pm »
Braverman. Again. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63730054

'Yes, the UK has utterly failed to control its borders, despite BREXIT delivering the freedom to 'take back control'. But it's not the fault of the home office, no, it's those nasty immigrants; or the people smugglers; anyone but the government that has the responsibility for it.'  ::-)

« Reply #6066 on: 23 November, 2022, 07:18:40 pm »
interesting comment by Sathnam Sanghera on the empire podcast today noting that racism is prevalent in the asian community and that among them are the most racist people he has met.  He points out that just because they (Suella) benefited from being allowed in, that does not stop her being intensely racist.  Also the question of does she get to the top table by being racist or by espousing racist sentiments to be allowed to the top table?

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #6067 on: 23 November, 2022, 11:04:04 pm »
interesting comment by Sathnam Sanghera on the empire podcast today noting that racism is prevalent in the asian community and that among them are the most racist people he has met.  He points out that just because they (Suella) benefited from being allowed in, that does not stop her being intensely racist.  Also the question of does she get to the top table by being racist or by espousing racist sentiments to be allowed to the top table?

This aligns with my experience while working in Bradford in the Eighties, although much of the discrimination was based on caste, religion or region (though that was largely a religious based bigotry). Certainly, the comments and behaviours of some of the people I worked with whom hailed from the Asian subcontinent towards others from the same, would not have been tolerated from non subcontinentals and my awakening liberalism was naively shocked.

Having said that, nothing I witnessed then or since has disabused me from my core belief that a persons skin colour or geographical location of their birth makes little difference who they are or how they behave, if they’re going to be a dick, they’ll be a dick. Yes, their upbringing and education will have a mighty impact, but in the final analysis how people behave is a choice.

As an aside, I have held a (possibly naive) view for many years that Bradford council supported ongoing segregation and separatist behaviours by attempting to support a myriad of communities rather than encouraging and supporting integration by everyone concerned. If the likes of Ms Patel and Ms Braverman are the most likely outcome of integration, then perhaps Bradford Council were right all along.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #6068 on: 24 November, 2022, 07:48:21 am »

This aligns with my experience while working in Bradford in the Eighties, although much of the discrimination was based on caste, religion or region (though that was largely a religious based bigotry). Certainly, the comments and behaviours of some of the people I worked with whom hailed from the Asian subcontinent towards others from the same, would not have been tolerated from non subcontinentals and my awakening liberalism was naively shocked.

Having said that, nothing I witnessed then or since has disabused me from my core belief that a persons skin colour or geographical location of their birth makes little difference who they are or how they behave, if they’re going to be a dick, they’ll be a dick. Yes, their upbringing and education will have a mighty impact, but in the final analysis how people behave is a choice.

As an aside, I have held a (possibly naive) view for many years that Bradford council supported ongoing segregation and separatist behaviours by attempting to support a myriad of communities rather than encouraging and supporting integration by everyone concerned. If the likes of Ms Patel and Ms Braverman are the most likely outcome of integration, then perhaps Bradford Council were right all along.

There is some evidence that the impact of the caste system was a result of the rigid stratification demanded by the British in their census/censi. 

« Reply #6069 on: 24 November, 2022, 11:45:28 am »

There is some evidence that the impact of the caste system was a result of the rigid stratification demanded by the British in their census/censi.

There seems to have been little appetite in India to do away with it over the last 70 years.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #6070 on: 30 November, 2022, 04:01:20 pm »
Lady Susan Hussey.

Astoundingly tone deaf.

orraloon

• I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying real hard
« Reply #6071 on: 30 November, 2022, 04:38:50 pm »
Lady Susan Hussey.

Astoundingly tone deaf.
One cannot go full Phil the Greek mode if one is not, erm, Phil the Greek.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6072 on: 30 November, 2022, 06:17:11 pm »
From the BBC's profile:

Lady Susan Hussey (far right)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #6073 on: 30 November, 2022, 06:23:32 pm »
As part of that, Petronella Wyatt was interviewed on PM. She needs to learn how to step away from the shovel.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6074 on: 30 November, 2022, 06:42:19 pm »
La Wyatt is already in the frame for having had consensual sex with Bloody Stupid Johnson.