Author Topic: First post.....unusual tandem!  (Read 17115 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: First post.....unusual tandem!
« Reply #25 on: 06 February, 2011, 11:22:39 am »
 :thumbsup:

Myself and The Current Mrs R got out on our tandem during the week for a cheeky 20 miles.  Great fun isn't it?

« Reply #26 on: 06 February, 2011, 12:04:54 pm »
thats a cool looking tandem,and it's conversion to a cargo bike is seriously usefull.
Welcome to the fold and happy cycling. :)

Clandy

« Reply #27 on: 06 February, 2011, 12:20:35 pm »
Very nice looking tandem Paulson. For future reference for buying inner tubes tyres etc. you might like to try online at Wiggle, they deliver quickly and always have the stock.

Myself and The Current Mrs R...

Is that honorific to keep her on her toes?  ;D

Oscar's dad

« Reply #28 on: 06 February, 2011, 02:33:36 pm »
^^^  You obviously don't know your Wogan.  Terry used to refer to his wife as The Current Mrs Wogan.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #29 on: 07 February, 2011, 08:16:20 pm »
^^^  You obviously don't know your Wogan.  Terry used to refer to his wife as The Current Mrs Wogan.

Well there you go. I didn't know it wasn't original to Oscar's Dad. How you've disappointed me! :P
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #30 on: 07 February, 2011, 08:19:42 pm »
^^^ I'm a constant dissapointment to many people. You're in good company  ;D

« Reply #31 on: 07 February, 2011, 10:21:08 pm »
Our first tandem ride of the year is going to be a few weeks away yet.  Polly's still getting over her knee op.  (Double Arthroscopy).

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #32 on: 07 February, 2011, 10:37:34 pm »
What a lovely bike and an incredibly useful, informative and inspiring first post.  :)

It really makes me want one of those Circes - I've never much been into tandems, but that does like nice, without the ungainliness that many tandems give the impression of, and... it would be good to get my son cycling a bit more. :) Unfortunately, nowhere to keep it.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #33 on: 11 February, 2011, 11:10:53 am »
It really makes me want one of those Circes - I've never much been into tandems, but that does like nice, without the ungainliness that many tandems give the impression of, and... it would be good to get my son cycling a bit more. :) Unfortunately, nowhere to keep it.

They are also built with almost everything as quick release.  The bars, seatposts, front wheel all come off for transport/storage.  You might well find it collapses enough for your storage space.

Fitted a new, comfy, female specific saddle to the stoker post last night, to complement my trusty B17 on the front.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #34 on: 11 February, 2011, 03:25:15 pm »
Collapsible is good. But it will have to wait.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

mzman153

• Slow is the new fast..........
« Reply #35 on: 04 March, 2011, 08:34:31 pm »
I tried one of these a couple of weeks ago. I am 6 ft 4 and the wrong side of 20 stone so was dubious about the handling and ride. With a stoker I had never ridden with before I still found it easy to ride and could turn in the road quite simply something I have never managed on our thorn without a car style 3 point turn.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the little Circe and think it will probably be our next two wheeled purchase.
Slow is the new fast......

« Reply #36 on: 04 March, 2011, 08:50:27 pm »
I've spoken to Richard before, and meant to pop over. I'd love a tandem for me and the missus, and the ability to use it with our eldest when I need to get a hurry on would be lovely. My only concern is sizing - I'm 6'2 and felt cramped on a Dahon. That said, I love little wheel handling. May have to make a trip over to Longstanton over the summer.

mzman153

• Slow is the new fast..........
« Reply #37 on: 04 March, 2011, 09:48:22 pm »
I only had a short ride but didn't feel cramped at all. I think there is a lot of possibility to adjust and alter during the build to make it fit. Actually make it fit sounds like a bodge, but it isn't it is just a very flexible design.
Slow is the new fast......

« Reply #38 on: 27 June, 2011, 07:03:50 pm »
Well, just spent a very interesting hour or so with Richard. I tried the Auster, but the plan is to go for an Omni (Alfine) with drops and Versa shifters and Shimano BR-505 road discs front and rear. I had been concerned that with everything extended, the bike would be a bit flexy, but it wasn't at all. Every concern I had, Richard appeared to have already considered and solved.

We're going to do at least one, and possibly two weekend hires to make sure it works. My only unresolved concern at present is about the bar height, which is quite low for how high the saddle needs to be for me (5cm below saddle I guess). Rochard assured me that the new forks that are coming with the next batch are longer and will resolve this.

That aside, the ride quality was great, and the handling very intuitive. Really looking forward to going for a longer ride on it with my 5yr old.

« Reply #39 on: 27 June, 2011, 07:11:26 pm »
David Gardiner of Laid Back Bikes in Edinburgh is importing these - he had one at the Spokes breakfast last week. The ability to convert to a cargo bike is just brilliant.

« Reply #40 on: 07 September, 2012, 10:28:05 pm »
I posted about this a while back, but due to lack of use and lack of garage space she sadly has to go.

CIRCE HELIOS OMNIS 8- SPEED TANDEM - Ridden perhaps 7 or 8 times, so basically as new.  £900

Spec: [full current spec available here] http://www.circecycles.com/omnis.php

All original documentation/invoices

Circe aluminium frame

20" wheels with new Schwalbe Marathon tyres

Shimano Alfine 8 speed rear hub

QR seatposts, can accommodate an adult or child stoker on rear.

QR handlebars, everything folds flat for storage/transport [fits in an estate car].

Circe standard saddles

Three profile bottle cages

Pletscher optional twin kick stand

Topeak super tourist DX rack.

Ergon front grips

I repeat that this bike is as new and has almost no wear on it.  It is in beautiful condition and would suit anything from family rides to full blown touring.

It can also be converted into a cargobike, or a rear child seat with the appropriate accessories [not included], so it's ultra-flexible.

Note the Carradice bag in the pics is NOT included.

New price is over £1400 for this model, and I am in no hurry so would like to recoup £900, which is a really major saving on the new price.

please email me paul_oreilly@btinternet.com if interested, viewings welcome.

Buyer collects from Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

« Reply #41 on: 07 September, 2012, 10:38:13 pm »
hmm.

If jobs pan out as planned next week I might be interested...

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #42 on: 16 September, 2012, 09:27:18 pm »
Oops - I seem to have bought this, even though I wasn't really on the lookout for a tandem.

It really is a lovely machine.

Thanks Paul!
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein