Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2468894 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #2625 on: 13 February, 2010, 07:06:43 pm »
Butterfly's new Dahon we bought from Nobby last week, but she's only just had the chance to ride:

Getting there...

« Reply #2626 on: 13 February, 2010, 07:09:45 pm »
Mmmm  ;D

What about blue tyres instead?  I can't seem to find any decent ones for puncture resistance though.

Blue rims and tyres would be wicked!

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/vred-fortezza-tricomp-zoom.jpg

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #2627 on: 13 February, 2010, 07:43:44 pm »

Happy dance :P

It's a bit twichier than the Monster, the parking brake's for shite, needs 'guards for wet days, and the "Norfolk Hunch" may be ditched in favour of an ICE seat.

Great fun so far ;D

I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

« Reply #2628 on: 13 February, 2010, 08:32:10 pm »
Note the new USE Alien blue seat post.  Installed just now.

Next, two-tone and blue lights on!!  ;D
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2629 on: 14 February, 2010, 10:21:53 am »
Mmmm  ;D

What about blue tyres instead?  I can't seem to find any decent ones for puncture resistance though.

Blue rims and tyres would be wicked!

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/vred-fortezza-tricomp-zoom.jpg
Those Fortezzas are good for puncture resistance, although a bit narrow for rough roads at the recommended 145psi.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #2630 on: 14 February, 2010, 03:51:33 pm »

I had just clambered through that lot behind. This is a deep cutting on the old Dundee-Newtyle railway which would make an excellent off road path through the Sidlaws. The ground is trackbed covered in 60 years worth of washout, leafmould and fallen trees. Quite a tough trip. I must fit a chainsaw carrier to the bike.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #2631 on: 14 February, 2010, 05:30:23 pm »
A better picture of my new Langster, just before its first ride. Fitted my flash pink horn.

« Reply #2632 on: 14 February, 2010, 05:49:04 pm »

Happy dance :P

It's a bit twichier than the Monster, the parking brake's for shite, needs 'guards for wet days, and the "Norfolk Hunch" may be ditched in favour of an ICE seat.

Great fun so far ;D

I've lusted after a Speedy since I had a go on a carbon fibre one at a BHPC meet well over a decade ago.  I did have a Trice, which I had to flog when I moved to London, for lack of anywhere to store it.  Now I've got more room, of course I can't afford to buy one!

Nice. :thumbsup:
Actually, it is rocket science.

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #2633 on: 14 February, 2010, 06:07:58 pm »
Probably a numpty question, but how do you put photos on here? I'd like to put mine on.

Beware though, you are talking to an illiterate here, so anything beyond cutting and pasting will probably be beyond me. If it is, I'll just have to keep admiring all of yours.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2634 on: 14 February, 2010, 06:13:20 pm »
1. Upload the photo to somewhere on the Internet.  Your ISP may give you some free webspace (and the instructions for copying files to it) or you can use Flickr/Photobucket.  The photo should be no larger than 640 x 480 (or 480 x 640 if it's "portrait" format").

2. Paste the link into a new forum message, highlight it and then click the image icon, which is the one underneath "B" (for Bold).  This will add the image tags.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #2635 on: 14 February, 2010, 07:53:37 pm »

As I said, I'll have to stick with looking at yours.

Mike J

• Guinea Pig Person
« Reply #2636 on: 14 February, 2010, 08:38:32 pm »
I'd suggest trying photobucket as even when I use the link in your post I can't see the picture.

« Reply #2637 on: 14 February, 2010, 09:21:03 pm »
At a guess, TEC used the link of the page that the image was on, and that page was somewhere on Virgin's servers, and protected by a password.

Assuming that we would be "alllowed" to see the image, you probably need to get the URL of the image, not the page.

If you right click on the image, and select an option like "Properties", there will be an URL of the image itself, which will often (but not always) end in .jpg or .JPG.

That's what you need to copy into a post, and click on the Image icon (as described by Roger earlier).

It may be easier to use a free account on one of the services like PhotoBucket, Picasa, Flickr etc rather than Virgin's own web site, if you don't know how to drive that.  The other services are widely enough used that people can provide specific advice.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2639 on: 15 February, 2010, 10:47:12 am »
Nice Pearson.  Shite bike parking. :(
Getting there...

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #2640 on: 15 February, 2010, 05:37:53 pm »
You've no idea how difficult I have found this, but if it works, thanks to those who gave me instructions.

Tourer, have since changed brakes and put on an IQ Fly.

Sort of road bike I built up, called banana bike for obvious reasons

If these work I'll post pictures of my fixie.

« Reply #2641 on: 15 February, 2010, 05:44:00 pm »
Tail End Charlie, those URLs don't look like they're image URLs (although they could be).  They also end up asking for a username and password, so it looks like something which you've logged into, but which the rest of us can't get access to.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2642 on: 15 February, 2010, 05:47:32 pm »
I managed to see the tourer (nice use of Carradice, btw :thumbsup: ) by c&p into the address bar and clicking to view rather than download.  But I suspect there's a better way to link them.
Getting there...

« Reply #2643 on: 15 February, 2010, 10:06:21 pm »
Nice Pearson.  Shite bike parking. :(

Thank you, its got a clicking bottom bracket at the moment but it goes well, that's one of the better places round here for bike parking.

« Reply #2644 on: 16 February, 2010, 08:31:28 am »
I managed to see the tourer (nice use of Carradice, btw :thumbsup: ) by c&p into the address bar and clicking to view rather than download.  But I suspect there's a better way to link them.

I wish I could replicate your effort, I experimented with the URLs as much as I could and couldn't extract an image. :-\ :(

francisbarton

• Francis
  • I've only got one bike, and it's only got one gear
« Reply #2645 on: 16 February, 2010, 01:35:46 pm »
N+1

Singular Peregrine:
BB7 brakes, LX17 rims, XT rear, Schmidt front hubs, Marathon Winter tyres (for the time being), B17, Bagman QR, On-One Midge bars, XT rear mech, 105 front mech, 8-sp 11-30, 48/38/24 Impact, Berthoud mudguards.

Ah, you got it at last then!  Nice setup Andrew.  Shame about the seatpost/binder troubles.

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #2646 on: 18 February, 2010, 09:23:56 pm »
OK, let's try again. If this works I'll get some photos of my others.

Tourer, Outer Hebrides.

Tourer again.

francisbarton

• Francis
  • I've only got one bike, and it's only got one gear
« Reply #2647 on: 18 February, 2010, 09:34:48 pm »
No, you were still linking to the whole webpage not the JPG files directly.
I've fixed the image links in the quote below:

Great bike pics by the way!
Francis  :thumbsup:

OK, let's try again. If this works I'll get some photos of my others.

Tourer, Outer Hebrides.

Tourer again.

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #2648 on: 18 February, 2010, 09:42:57 pm »

Aha, thankyou so much, so is this right now ?? If it is it's my fixie taken at night which doesn't do justice to it's colour. Just had it powder coated a lovely sky blue.

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #2649 on: 18 February, 2010, 09:47:04 pm »
I see it has worked, there's no stopping me now !!!!

My Ribble which is called banana bike which I have put bull bars on because they are so comfy.

And my utility bike, a converted 90's MTB.