Author Topic: Sheffield GP, 22/7/15  (Read 1083 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Sheffield GP, 22/7/15
« on: 20 July, 2015, 04:07:09 pm »
Anyone going to this? It's an evening meet (the affected roads are closed from 17:15 and the main, points carrying, race is from 20:45 (IIRC).

I am in the enviable position of a) working in Sheffield and b) work pay for a hotel for me, when I need it (usually Wednesday nights), so I shall be leaving work, going to Bungalow and Bear for some scran, then off up to the Towh Hall/Peace Gardens to watch the racing.

I shan't be wearing a YACF top, though (which will make me MUCH harder to spot :) )
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: Sheffield GP, 22/7/15
« Reply #1 on: 23 July, 2015, 09:07:05 am »
I enjoyed that, I didn't get any photos, though as each time I tried to get a good line of sight of the course someone would stand in front of me (usually a large bloke with a unfeasibly large camera. Not the same one each time, though).  The juniors gave the seniors something to think about during the Cat3/4 race and the Elite race made me wince more than once at the speed they flew around the course.

Results here: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/elitecircuitseries/article/roa20150722-Elite-Circuit-Series-Tom-Scully-takes-stunning-solo-Sheffield-Grand-Prix-victory-0
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State