Author Topic: WEDNESDAY Night Northallerton and Environs Social Ride  (Read 191269 times)

thelazycyclist

• where's crusty?
    • thelazycyclist
Re: Thursday Night Northallerton and Environs Social Ride
« Reply #275 on: 27 July, 2012, 11:01:48 pm »
Not exactly a ride report.  I sort of went off on one about the off-roading and the bloke in the pub with no spatial awareness, but hopefully it might give a flavour of what it was like out there.....

http://theapathysquare.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/by-power-of-wiggins.html

crusty
The friendly landlord helped us put our bikes into his very big shed.  Very carefully we did not fall into the acid bath which was there.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #276 on: 02 August, 2012, 11:28:57 am »
There is no ride tonight, due to other commitments (I shall be in a car heading to East Anglia).

Next week however, is an easy (as in ~5.5 miles each way with no lumpy bits) run to Maunby, with guest appearances from Mrs T (with purple bike AND a BIG lock! :) ) and possibly my younger brother.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

tiermat

« Reply #277 on: 08 August, 2012, 09:31:51 am »
Plans are afoot to allow Mrs T to join us, watch this space.....
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #278 on: 08 August, 2012, 10:12:32 am »
That makes me :( that I can't be there. But :D for Mrs T!

tiermat

« Reply #279 on: 08 August, 2012, 10:59:53 am »
We have a babysitter! \o/

LindaG

« Reply #280 on: 08 August, 2012, 06:09:22 pm »
Does that mean MrsT is coming our to play?

tiermat

« Reply #281 on: 09 August, 2012, 11:10:39 am »
Does that mean MrsT is coming our to play?

oh yuss!

LindaG

« Reply #282 on: 09 August, 2012, 11:14:08 am »
Maaaaarvellous!

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #283 on: 09 August, 2012, 12:44:48 pm »
<checks scheule>

BUMS!
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

tiermat

« Reply #284 on: 09 August, 2012, 04:30:45 pm »
bugger, damn and arse!

Looks like tonight might not happen :( < Major sad face....

Shall check when Mrs T gets home, but if it does it will be just me and her....

Just to think this through a bit, if anyone is in the area and wants a REALLY easy run to the pubbe tonight then raise your hand (I promise, Scout's Honour, there will be NO COR!), 11 miles round trip, no COR, no real hills (just tiny little slight gradients) and Copper Dragon and chips, and NO COR.

Did I mention no COR? :D

tiermat

« Reply #285 on: 10 August, 2012, 09:47:15 am »
What lovely evening!

the sun was still shining when we set off, earlier than normal (due to lack of faffage as there was only two of us), and we rode out to Danby Whiske.  The landlord is weird and the locals just downright rude.  We decided against having food there as the menu lacked a certain something (like CHIPS!) and decided to ride back to the Golden Lion to get something to eat there.  Unfortunately they weren't cooking, so we had another couple of drinks and decided, instead of trying yet another pub, to head home for an early night.

10 miles covered, most Mrs T has done since May.  Sheep seen, lots, horses seen, 4 + one cute little foal, G&T drunk, 3.

LindaG

« Reply #286 on: 10 August, 2012, 09:56:32 am »
I'm pleased you two went for it! Would have been a shame if the whole gang had wasted such a beautiful evening.   :D

tiermat

« Reply #287 on: 13 August, 2012, 09:31:37 am »
Who is in for this week? I am pretty sure we can get a baby sitter again, my younger brother is a possibility and I am sure I could persuade Mrs T to try again.

Maunby, anyone?

CrinklyLion

« Reply #288 on: 13 August, 2012, 09:39:12 am »
I'm not able to come out to play this week.  Can prob do Wednesday, but definitely not Thursday, next week - either there or York-ish, so I'll keep an eye on the threads and see what's happening!

LindaG

« Reply #289 on: 13 August, 2012, 09:42:48 am »
I'm at work on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday too, so can't come out.

tiermat

« Reply #290 on: 13 August, 2012, 10:10:33 am »
Boo :( to both, hopefully we can all get together soon?

CrinklyLion

« Reply #291 on: 13 August, 2012, 10:14:52 am »
It's this summer jollyday stuff for me... all the usual routines fly out of the window! I'm free anytime at all from Sunday (19th) breakfast until Thursday (23rd) breakfast, if that helps with finding summat?  LG - you got any bike ride opportunities that fit with the shifts in that window?  Although considering a _different_ night adds a whole new layer of complexity, given TLD's busy social/activity calendar!  :D

« Reply #292 on: 13 August, 2012, 11:56:53 am »
I'll be there this week!

tiermat

« Reply #293 on: 13 August, 2012, 04:34:19 pm »
So, to recap, this week we have:

Deano
Tiermat
Mrs T
B33rfox (as he is known elsewhere, IRL my younger brother.....), who is getting the hang of this Thursday night lark(apologies to email purists for the bottom first nature):

From B33rfox:

Sweet.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday 13 August 2012 09:55
To: B33rfox
Subject: Re: Happy Monday

Yes, The Buck, nice beer, a good beer garden and decent chips! :)

Tiermat

On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 09:50 +0100, Beerfox wrote:
> Ahh cool not a bad ride then, take there is a pub at the end of it!?

Would you mind returning from Derby for the evening, tiptop? :)

tiermat

« Reply #294 on: 20 August, 2012, 11:14:10 am »
OK, so who is in this week? (the cynic in me wants to say "Who is in, but will cancel at the last minute?", but that would be A) not nice and B) not necessary)

No Mrs T this week as she will be shattered after a trip to that London village with TLD.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #295 on: 20 August, 2012, 11:17:19 am »
I haz boys on Thursday so can't, I'm afraid.  Look on the bright side tho - the prospect of being able to make these regularly again is the silver lining to the cloud of going back to school for me!  13th September is my first Thursday, and I'm looking forward to that one :)

tiermat

« Reply #296 on: 20 August, 2012, 11:18:33 am »
I shall mark it on my calendar, and have a word with those that have a directline to those responsible to ask for nice weather for that night! :D

LindaG

« Reply #297 on: 20 August, 2012, 01:47:06 pm »
This Thursday I am planning to bring a tent and watch chick flicks/Disney movies with TLD and Mrs T while you lot go to the pub. Then on Friday me and Mrs T are going on a bicycle ride together.

tiermat

« Reply #298 on: 20 August, 2012, 02:07:18 pm »
This Thursday I am planning to bring a tent and watch chick flicks/Disney movies with TLD and Mrs T while you lot go to the pub. Then on Friday me and Mrs T are going on a bicycle ride together.

Of course! I had nearly forgotten about that, they are really looking forward to it.

tiermat

« Reply #299 on: 22 August, 2012, 01:20:17 pm »
Anyone else?