Author Topic: WEDNESDAY Night Northallerton and Environs Social Ride  (Read 190931 times)

Chris S

Re: WEDNESDAY Night Northallerton and Environs Social Ride
« Reply #1125 on: 09 May, 2016, 01:12:57 pm »
The King's Head at Newton under Roseberry is OK.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #1126 on: 09 May, 2016, 01:28:48 pm »
The King's Head at Newton under Roseberry is OK.

Someone once proposed to me there.
Milk please, no sugar.

« Reply #1127 on: 09 May, 2016, 03:04:56 pm »
It's about 9-10 miles from there to Thornaby Station - there's a direct train from Thornaby to Northallerton at 21.55 and a direct Darlo train at 10 pm.

Any use, tiermat?

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1128 on: 09 May, 2016, 03:07:48 pm »
Looking promising, there is a direct train at 17.40, which gets to Thornaby just after 6, should be workable!

ETA : and only £8 return, I'm in!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #1129 on: 09 May, 2016, 07:08:36 pm »
Sounds good - shall I meet you at Thornaby? We can meander our way there if boab and Chris are going to be late.

tiermat

« Reply #1130 on: 09 May, 2016, 07:09:58 pm »
Sounds like a plan!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #1131 on: 10 May, 2016, 09:31:23 pm »
Right, see you at the station (ride out via Toytown, I reckon), and the rest of you at the King's Head between 7 and half past.

tiermat

« Reply #1132 on: 11 May, 2016, 05:24:53 pm »
Woowoo, waiting for a train!!!!

tiermat

« Reply #1133 on: 14 May, 2016, 07:49:57 am »
I enjoyed this week's ride! I was a bit rushed as I couldn't leave Leeds until 15.30 and had not found my bike gear out, nor checked my bike. So after rushing home, digging out suitable clothing and getting the bike out I went to get cash then to the station. I had 5 minutes to spare before the train arrived. A short journey took me to Thornaby where I met Deano. We set off and hit a headwind almost straight away. Don't ask me the route, I have no idea where we went, but it was a corker! After just over an hour we got to the pub, where Chris and boab where already installed. Drink and food were had, lantern rouge arrived and the discussion got onto local landmarks. Too soon we had to head off, I could not afford to miss the train home! We cut it a bit fine so had to really work on the way back, hitting 30.9mph at one point! We made it, though!

A good night and one I will definitely repeat!

Who is up for this week? Wednesday night, destination to be decided.

« Reply #1134 on: 15 May, 2016, 12:19:17 pm »
It was a good ride, and I knew what I was doing!

I can;t make this week as Graeme and I are riding a 200 while he's still oop North.

« Reply #1135 on: 18 May, 2016, 11:23:40 am »
I've cocked up train tickets, so I'm back in Sunlun until tomorrow morning... Owt 'appenin?

tiermat

« Reply #1136 on: 18 May, 2016, 12:41:25 pm »
Oh yes! Usual start point, tonight.

« Reply #1137 on: 18 May, 2016, 01:20:37 pm »

Yours at 6? I can't promise anything as I'm pretty busy this afternoon, but will try!

UPDATE - Highly unlikely I can make the 1530 GC train and the next one doesn't get in until 1840.

tiermat

« Reply #1138 on: 18 May, 2016, 01:35:14 pm »

Yours at 6? I can't promise anything as I'm pretty busy this afternoon, but will try!

UPDATE - Highly unlikely I can make the 1530 GC train and the next one doesn't get in until 1840.

I can hang around for you, if you want to get here for then.

« Reply #1139 on: 18 May, 2016, 01:45:46 pm »

I can hang around for you, if you want to get here for then.

Who else is out/where you riding to? I don't mind playing catch up if I can make it, but wouldn't want to build plans around me incase I can't.

Chris S

« Reply #1140 on: 18 May, 2016, 01:48:41 pm »
fboab and I are busy this evening - catching up with chores and admin. Yay  ::-)

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #1141 on: 18 May, 2016, 02:16:21 pm »
I thought I would come along tonight, but I'm a bit wheezy and will therefore be S - L - O - W.

Would that be a problem?  Because I can always stay at home and watch a movie, and that's good too  :)
Milk please, no sugar.

tiermat

« Reply #1142 on: 18 May, 2016, 02:44:42 pm »
I thought I would come along tonight, but I'm a bit wheezy and will therefore be S - L - O - W.

Would that be a problem?  Because I can always stay at home and watch a movie, and that's good too  :)

Get your butt on a train and come to see us. We will always go at the rate everyone can manage!!!

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #1143 on: 18 May, 2016, 05:55:20 pm »
My butt is at the station.  I went all Blanche duBois/cudzo on it as I thought I was catching a Northern service but luckily they let me book m'bike onto the Virgin one I was in fact catching.  Where's Crinkles when you need her?  Eh?
Milk please, no sugar.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1144 on: 18 May, 2016, 10:31:37 pm »
At bloody work is where!

Hope you've all had a lovely ride :)

tiermat

« Reply #1145 on: 19 May, 2016, 09:27:53 pm »
I enjoyed that, we didn't go far, nor fast, but we had a great natter and fantastic chips!

Back by 10pm, just too late for Ruth to get the earlier train so she sat chatting to Mrs T while I went for a shower and then to bed.

Which is up for next week? I am determined to do my Maunby via Pickhill route (~29 miles with the pub at 22 miles)

tiermat

« Reply #1146 on: 24 May, 2016, 09:11:03 pm »
Dare I ask if anyone is up for tomorrow?

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #1147 on: 24 May, 2016, 09:24:35 pm »
Yeah.  You dare.  Go on,  ask.
Milk please, no sugar.

« Reply #1148 on: 24 May, 2016, 09:35:46 pm »
Not me, I'm afraid. Sleep beckons. In fact...

/goes to bed.

tiermat

« Reply #1149 on: 25 May, 2016, 07:26:45 am »
Yeah.  You dare.  Go on,  ask.

OK. Is anyone up for a ride out tonight?