Author Topic: WEDNESDAY Night Northallerton and Environs Social Ride  (Read 187514 times)

Re: WEDNESDAY Night Northallerton and Environs Social Ride
« Reply #1525 on: 11 September, 2017, 08:34:34 pm »
+1 for Hutton Rudby

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #1527 on: 12 September, 2017, 12:07:27 am »
Can't believe you've never come across a Parmo Steve!!! You're missing out on a treat!
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #1528 on: 12 September, 2017, 05:48:13 am »
Can't believe you've never come across a Parmo Steve!!! You're missing out on a treat!

I know it's shocking isn't it?  :o  Like Scotland, the northeast of England is an area that I know very little about which is shameful really, these matters need resolving.

« Reply #1529 on: 12 September, 2017, 08:28:16 am »
Despite growing up in Newcastle I didn't have Parmo until we moved up here.
Lucky for us, Marco's in Guisborough gets a 5 star rating from the Parmo Hunters so we are well served.

Back to the topic in hand, the norwegians are offering a 'fresh breeze' from the West (this usually translates into 'Block Headwind') tomorrow evening, but no rain. I may therefore stay longer than 30 seconds this week.

Are we sold on Hutton? Or any other suggestions?

« Reply #1530 on: 12 September, 2017, 10:23:51 am »

I know it's shocking isn't it?  :o  Like Scotland, the northeast of England is an area that I know very little about which is shameful really, these matters need resolving.

Well, according to the latest copy of Arriivee, you've already sampled our motorway network......

« Reply #1531 on: 12 September, 2017, 02:48:47 pm »

Suits me. Tiermat was on about getting his bike+self to Darlo after work - is that still the plan, t?

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1532 on: 13 September, 2017, 08:34:22 am »

Suits me. Tiermat was on about getting his bike+self to Darlo after work - is that still the plan, t?

I was going to, but work has gotten in the way, so I am doubtful for tonight.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Oscar's dad

« Reply #1533 on: 13 September, 2017, 09:46:34 am »

Well, according to the latest copy of Arriivee, you've already sampled our motorway network......

I think the trick is to get off the motorway, I'll give the matter some thought  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1534 on: 13 September, 2017, 01:05:47 pm »
Despite growing up in Newcastle I didn't have Parmo until we moved up here.
Lucky for us, Marco's in Guisborough gets a 5 star rating from the Parmo Hunters so we are well served.

Back to the topic in hand, the norwegians are offering a 'fresh breeze' from the West (this usually translates into 'Block Headwind') tomorrow evening, but no rain. I may therefore stay longer than 30 seconds this week.

I've still never had one. It's definitely a Tees thing.

« Reply #1535 on: 13 September, 2017, 02:46:59 pm »

I was going to, but work has gotten in the way, so I am doubtful for tonight.

I'm having to go straight from work - hopefully see you there

« Reply #1536 on: 13 September, 2017, 02:53:34 pm »
It's cycle to work day today, apparently. Cycle from work-to-the-pub works just as well.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #1537 on: 14 September, 2017, 04:19:56 pm »
This might not happen but I could well be staying in Thirsk on the night of Wednesday 27th September.  Is Thirsk within your area of operation and if so might I meet up with you lot for a few beers and a bite to eat?  I shall be without bike (probably) but can use a car or taxi.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #1538 on: 14 September, 2017, 04:29:41 pm »
Sounds good to me  :thumbsup:

tiermat

« Reply #1539 on: 14 September, 2017, 04:36:55 pm »
This might not happen but I could well be staying in Thirsk on the night of Wednesday 27th September.  Is Thirsk within your area of operation and if so might I meet up with you lot for a few beers and a bite to eat?  I shall be without bike (probably) but can use a car or taxi.

Brilliant! Thirsk is where I grew up and the location of one of our local pubs! Where you staying?

Sounds very much like a plan to me.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Oscar's dad

« Reply #1540 on: 14 September, 2017, 04:40:20 pm »

Brilliant! Thirsk is where I grew up and the location of one of our local pubs! Where you staying?

Sounds very much like a plan to me.

Thirsk has a new Premier Inn!  So I am christening it by staying there. Its at Sowerby Gateway (YO7 3HF)

tiermat

« Reply #1541 on: 14 September, 2017, 04:54:06 pm »
Know it well, well the area (I grew up in Sowerby and that area was all fields then!)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #1542 on: 25 September, 2017, 08:55:16 am »

I should be OK for Wednesday evening, the only issue is I shall be setting off from Newbury which is a 4 hour drive from Thirsk.  Hopefully I will be able to set off shortly after lunch.  If you chaps are still on for a meet up please can you let me know where I should meet you and perhaps someone PM me a mobile number.

« Reply #1543 on: 25 September, 2017, 12:37:53 pm »
Sounds good to me - I mentioned it to Mike at the weekend, so we can swing past his and pick him up on the way down. Sound good to you, tiermat?

Any suggestions for a pub?

tiermat

« Reply #1544 on: 26 September, 2017, 11:00:24 am »
Pub? Not Wetherspoons, unless you fancy a fight.

The Crown and Anchor is not far from where OD is staying and (if my memory serves) does food.

Otherwise try Darrowby Arms or the Little Three.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #1545 on: 26 September, 2017, 11:06:05 am »
Pub? Not Wetherspoons, unless you fancy a fight.

The Crown and Anchor is not far from where OD is staying and (if my memory serves) does food.

Otherwise try Darrowby Arms or the Little Three.

I will be guided by you chaps.

« Reply #1546 on: 26 September, 2017, 12:13:10 pm »
We're in a period of transition which makes Pubbes, Beer and Fodder difficult; and Thirsk is a bit far for a school night for us.  :-\
We'll discuss tonight.

« Reply #1547 on: 26 September, 2017, 12:31:38 pm »
Trains back aren't terrible - there's a Grand Central at half 9 which would get you to Yarm

« Reply #1548 on: 26 September, 2017, 12:33:06 pm »
We'll meet at the Crown and Anchor for 7 ish. It's walking distance from the Premier Inn (just along Gravel Hole Lane) and also convenient for the ride back to York - Karla?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #1549 on: 26 September, 2017, 01:25:55 pm »
We'll meet at the Crown and Anchor for 7 ish. It's walking distance from the Premier Inn (just along Gravel Hole Lane) and also convenient for the ride back to York - Karl?

Sounds terrific!