Author Topic: Why you shouldn't buy a phone from Three...  (Read 6314 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Why you shouldn't buy a phone from Three...
« Reply #25 on: 30 April, 2010, 11:53:34 am »
I've just been trying to get some help from Three's live customer support...

{snip}

Le Creuset cookware fuckin' rocks, d00d.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: 30 April, 2010, 11:56:34 am »
It has a mighty heft behind it, I agree.  But cast iron can be a little frangible, I find.  When you positively, absolutely have to SPANG IN THE FACE every last motherfucker in the room, I tend to prefer to use a light alloy.

Less need to properly season first, too  :)
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #27 on: 30 April, 2010, 12:45:53 pm »
What about stainless steel? A bit more heft, but not prone to shattering.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #28 on: 30 April, 2010, 12:47:18 pm »
Gotta say, those Le Creusets have a mighty long handle on.  Gets a good speed up on the swing.
Getting there...

« Reply #29 on: 30 April, 2010, 12:47:49 pm »
Stainless commercial frying pan with aluminum base. 24" diameter, needs a strong wrist to wield it. The matching lid can decapitate at 20paces, when thrown correctly.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #30 on: 30 April, 2010, 01:01:42 pm »
I have to say I've found O2 good...

...and Virgin wasn't bad either.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #31 on: 30 April, 2010, 01:10:58 pm »
Do they make frying pans?  ???
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #32 on: 30 April, 2010, 01:54:31 pm »
I have to say I've found O2 good...

I gave up on O2 when they were able to give me phone and sim and take money for same with a voice and data package, but their provisioning refused to actually enable my account on the network. Surely limits on me getting el-cheapo voice with sensibly priced data is a sales decision and to be refused in the shop, not once I've got it home.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: 30 April, 2010, 01:56:45 pm »
They're all bastards.  Lovely when you want to sign up, but utter, utter bottom-feeders when you want to leave, change, or do anything else up to and including actually making phone calls.

Apart from Three.  They would appear to be bastards the whole time.

Which at least, I suppose, is consistant if nothing else.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #34 on: 30 April, 2010, 02:31:52 pm »
When I looked into phone and data for my mobile, having read the small print and then also actual accounts I found o2's Simplicity plan best. £15 a month (1 year contract) for 600 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data. Of which the consensus, you can go over fair use but you only get charged if it's consistent.

Anyways, best advise I will give you, don't touch 3, even with someone else's bargepole.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #35 on: 30 April, 2010, 02:35:57 pm »
They're all bastards.  Lovely when you want to sign up, but utter, utter bottom-feeders when you want to leave, change, or do anything else up to and including actually making phone calls.

Apart from Three.  They would appear to be bastards the whole time.

Which at least, I suppose, is consistant if nothing else.

I have to say, that when Jon and I moved from Virgin to O2 we didn't have a problem with Virgin.  We got our PACs straight away when we asked.

They did ask why we were moving, and when we explained it was to get the iPhone, there wasn't any attempt to get us to stay with hard sell.  We both got a nice letter a few days later saying they were sorry we had left and if we ever wanted to come back, just give us a ring and they'd resurrect our accounts, so we'd get the same loyalty deals, etc.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #36 on: 30 April, 2010, 05:49:22 pm »
When I looked into phone and data for my mobile, having read the small print and then also actual accounts I found o2's Simplicity plan best. £15 a month (1 year contract) for 600 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data. Of which the consensus, you can go over fair use but you only get charged if it's consistent.

Anyways, best advise I will give you, don't touch 3, even with someone else's bargepole.

Sounds like I did the same research - I've just moved to a Simplicity deal with O2.  All I have to do now is get a PAC from Carphone Warehouse (which apparently can be difficult!)

On the other hand, I'm using it with PAYG HTC Desire I bought from 3  :D (but that only involved spending 5 mins in one of their shops)

« Reply #37 on: 30 April, 2010, 10:13:00 pm »
I'm with 3.

I took great pleasure in calling them at upgrade time and asking about N900s (they didn't have them, they won't have them, and for a while, they wouldn't even work with 3 SIMs) :).  And then about free super cheap phones with the contract I'm on (£5 a month for the calls/texts I use due to some discount they gave me ages ago).  After making 3 or 4 calls, asking the indian sales droid awkward questions, I renewed my £5 a month contract for 12 months, and they gave me a phone which I sold for £50. The commission on that must have been pitiful. :)

I have the 1GB internet add on (so my total phone bill is £10 a month), which I used extensively during my 2 week stay in hospital.  If the 3.5G coverage is available, you can get reasonable data transfer rates, but otherwise it is pitifully slow, and the coverage isn't always great (my new office only has O2 coverage:()  What they told me when I ordered it was that there was a sort of soft cut off - you wouldn't get billed if you went above it, but that there was a limit and that they would basically cut your data connection off until your next bill period started.

I mainly use WiFi at home and at friends houses, so it's not really an issue for me.

« Reply #38 on: 30 April, 2010, 10:36:14 pm »
The fact that you were unable to review the terms and conditions prior to contract is poor and you are wise to be wary as 3 have a track record of under-delivery and over-selling.

On the other  hand, call centre folk all around the world have this: |< >| to work with.

Who else feels a degree of sympathy for poor Darshan?  ;D

H

Me*. He may well not have access to the information or may be under instructions not to reveal it.  Just another poor spod trying to earn a living ...not his fault his employers are useless bastards..

I deal with India a lot. Most of the order entry work for the service I deal with is done there. At first they were completely process driven, if it wasn't in the A4 folder of instructions it didn't happen. Over the last 3 years I've sullied & contaminated them , now it's JFDI & sort the paperwork out later....... ;D    So of course we've had a re-tendering exercise and the contract has gone to a cheaper company  >:(

Don't get me started on the process writers I have to deal with  :facepalm:

*  I'm worse than Darshan,  I was once one of the people who'd phone you up & try to sell you something..... :-[

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #39 on: 30 April, 2010, 11:53:42 pm »
Why isn't trading standards, or ofcom all over companies calling stuff "unlimited" when it is very clearly limited?