Author Topic: Water bottle adapters ffor drinking tubes  (Read 2363 times)

Phil W

Water bottle adapters ffor drinking tubes
« on: 15 September, 2016, 05:50:28 pm »
Some interesting kits here for adding a drinking tube  to many water bottles.

https://sourceoutdoor.com/en/bottles/22-convertube-hydration-system

https://www.nrshealthcare.co.uk/eating-drinking-aids/cups-straws-beakers-mugs/the-hydrant-bottle?fee=19&fep=1367&gclid=CMD2uJznkc8CFeYy0wodktYCoA

Not that cheap but anyone thought of mounting water bottles high on their recumbent then having a drinking tube that's easy to access? Instead of the bladder option etc.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Water bottle adapters ffor drinking tubes
« Reply #1 on: 15 September, 2016, 06:20:45 pm »
Yes, I've molished just such an arrangement for the Baron (which doesn't have space between the rack and mudguard for a bladder like the Streetmachine).  Used a standard bidon with a dodgy valve and spare food-grade plumbing components left over from my Ortlieb drinking tube attachment.  I'll post pictures when I get back to the UK next week.

Phil W

« Reply #2 on: 27 September, 2016, 08:02:36 pm »
Hi Kim are you back and any photos of your setup would be great ;D

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3 on: 27 September, 2016, 08:09:42 pm »
Ah yes, forgot about that.  Again.  Will have to wait until Thursday at this rate...

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #4 on: 27 September, 2016, 08:45:20 pm »
my latest set up is here,  bladder inside the Alkpit Koala, tube reaches just fine.  I'll also have an Alpkit along the boom, with two compartments. One for food, the other for tools/batteries/USB-Werk

“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Phil W

« Reply #5 on: 27 September, 2016, 11:11:58 pm »
Blimey Dave is that a light sabre as well for fending off dogs?

LMT

« Reply #6 on: 28 September, 2016, 12:40:00 am »
You can buy a bracket from ADEM which is fairly easy to set up if you want to go with the water bottle option. Bracket fits onto the seat and allows two bottles to be carried. You don't have to drill the seat, using Velcro works fine.

http://www.ademhr.com/products/cage_mount.html

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #7 on: 28 September, 2016, 06:02:42 am »
Blimey Dave is that a light sabre as well for fending off dogs?

Basically yes, nowhere to mount a rear light, so that was my solution.

I didn't want to drill the CF rear mudguard, although I may do so when I do the dyno set up.

Can you ping me your number for Saturday - I should arrive just before 8 I hope.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Phil W

« Reply #8 on: 29 September, 2016, 01:45:10 pm »
I went for a source tube convertor kit in the end. It works with my existing 750ml water bottles so I can just mount a couple of standard bottle cages to bike and I'm away.

« Reply #9 on: 11 November, 2016, 12:41:56 pm »
I wanted some additional water carrying capacity on my Trice and played with an aquapack which would just fit between the rear of the seat frame and the rear carrier but it was a fiddle to fit and not completely satisfactory to use. On a trip to Evans cycles I saw that they sold a handle bar bottle cage mount.

https://www.evanscycles.com/bontrager-bottle-cage-handlebar-mount-EV166519

I thought it may be possible to mount a bottle cage to the cross rails of the seat thereby allowing me the ability to carry three water bottles without compromising the use of the rear carrier.

It all worked a treat and I would post photos but for some reason cannot import an image.