Author Topic: Castleton Classic 200: 25.4.12  (Read 3119 times)

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
Re: Castleton Classic 200: 25.4.12
« Reply #25 on: 22 April, 2012, 10:39:37 am »
Me too! Coughing & spluttering last night so not much sleep again  :(  Legs/body could do with the rest anyway & I can always ride the route from home in a couple of weeks time.
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #26 on: 22 April, 2012, 12:01:40 pm »
That'll be why you don't appear on any of the pics I took.
The bread pudding was ace.

getter better quickly & rest easy

« Reply #27 on: 23 April, 2012, 09:25:34 am »
As a Castleton Classic ride, I was really impressed with the event's organisation, the choice of routes, the scenary, variety of topography and the cakes at the controls baked by those kind ladies.

The old down side was the torrential rain (CTC Birmingham should have planned for that by coming out with the brollies) between Longnor and Castleton.  Boy, did I get wet even with my waterproofs.  The descent down the flooded steep descent into Castleton was let's say, "interesting".

Before the event I was slightly concerned by the number of A and B roads used, but those fears were totally unfounded.  The roads were quiet and scenic.  Even the A6 through Bakewell was not a bother.

Thanks to all the people running the event and well done to my compatriote riders.
Organiser of Droitwich Cycling Club audaxes.  https://www.droitwichcyclingclub.co.uk/audax/

« Reply #28 on: 23 April, 2012, 02:13:52 pm »
Found this years ride really hard, especially after Castleton and finished at 18.30 (45 minutes slower than last time 3-years ago)

I suppose it could have been the rain though.

Surprisingly only 36 riders for the 200 from the 48 entries.

So where are the photos Jogler?

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #29 on: 19 April, 2013, 08:27:13 pm »
Found this years ride really hard, especially after Castleton and finished at 18.30 (45 minutes slower than last time 3-years ago)

I suppose it could have been the rain though.

Surprisingly only 36 riders for the 200 from the 48 entries.

So where are the photos Jogler?

They are somewhere in the computer."Somewhere" beyond my IT ability to find them :-[

« Reply #30 on: 20 April, 2013, 03:23:23 pm »
As a Castleton Classic ride, I was really impressed with the event's organisation, the choice of routes, the scenary, variety of topography and the cakes at the controls baked by those kind ladies.

The old down side was the torrential rain (CTC Birmingham should have planned for that by coming out with the brollies) between Longnor and Castleton.  Boy, did I get wet even with my waterproofs.  The descent down the flooded steep descent into Castleton was let's say, "interesting".

Before the event I was slightly concerned by the number of A and B roads used, but those fears were totally unfounded.  The roads were quiet and scenic.  Even the A6 through Bakewell was not a bother.

Thanks to all the people running the event and well done to my compatriote riders.

Are you riding tomorrow Philip?

It clashes with MC & AC Annual dinner, so I'm 'Did Not Apply'.

The usual crowd from Sutton C, Tamworth, Hinckley and Wolv Wheelers should be there.

Might ride to Shenstone to see the start, and then get back home for ten-ish.

« Reply #31 on: 21 April, 2013, 09:15:51 am »

Are you riding tomorrow Philip?

No, I had some silly ambition of riding Castleton Classic in addition to yesterday's Cambrian Classic. This morning, I realise how silly that ambition was.  1.x3.75 + 1x3.AAA events in a row was biting off more that I could chew.

Yesterday was a great day for riding.  Great weather and great company in the form Sean from Burnley and Joolz from this parish.  I believe that the Classic riders may have a little less luck with the weather as soon as they hit Peaks but if the good weather holds, it will be another grand day.
Organiser of Droitwich Cycling Club audaxes.  https://www.droitwichcyclingclub.co.uk/audax/

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #32 on: 21 April, 2013, 09:54:57 am »
I'm a dns after yesterday's bash around the two battles route.  I do have the route approved as a diy starting from home & joining it in Abbots Bromley so may ride it next weekend if the weather is good again.
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #33 on: 21 April, 2013, 10:15:27 am »
Here in Tean it's nice & sunny with a slight cooling effect from the almost-no-wind.

I went to the Co-Op in the village approx 0930hrs a saw several audaxers coming along the High Street & turning right for Cheadle.

They all looked happychappy 8)