Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2460885 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #6475 on: 20 July, 2013, 09:27:14 am »

A white linen suit, for cycling!!! Am I mad?  ;D

you were certainly splendidly dapper :thumbsup:

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #6476 on: 22 July, 2013, 09:30:16 am »
The boy's new bike:

Few bits of tidying still to do, plus it needs new tyres (LBS didn't have any "affordable" tyres for 26" wheels). The frame is rather unusual as it has Giro decals (a road bike range) and has a short top tube for a MTB frame. It also carries a Reynolds 631 sticker and is certainly light enough to be made from that or similar tubing. Ritchey rear dropouts too.
Pen Pusher

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #6477 on: 23 July, 2013, 07:19:42 pm »
More alterations to the 'Raleigh'. A slightly more modern outfit than the one worn at L'Eroica.

P7232183 by windy_, on Flickr

« Reply #6478 on: 23 July, 2013, 07:21:26 pm »
What the heck is that Dawes' stem?

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #6479 on: 23 July, 2013, 07:54:15 pm »
What the heck is that Dawes' stem?

A ridiculous BMX thing. Although the frame is short, it's on the limit for the lad so I sought out the shortest stem I could find cheaply.
Pen Pusher

« Reply #6480 on: 28 July, 2013, 10:33:01 am »

Old thorn XTC above the Lot.

welshwheels

• stop eating cheeseburgers big boy!!!!
« Reply #6481 on: 28 July, 2013, 03:26:43 pm »

one cross check looking clean after this morning's 55 mile ride around the gwendraeth/towy valley  :thumbsup:
struggling up hills since 1981 !!!

« Reply #6482 on: 28 July, 2013, 06:48:50 pm »
My Principia Rex-e Pro

« Reply #6483 on: 28 July, 2013, 08:02:37 pm »
I'll try again heres my two

Croix de fer currently undergoing a transformation into the most comfortable commuter and my trusty inbred.

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
« Reply #6484 on: 29 July, 2013, 05:54:01 pm »
1993 George Longstaff touring frame just given a good tanning with a new Brooks Imperial and Planet X brown handlebar tape. Does brown become the new black when one approaches 60?

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #6485 on: 29 July, 2013, 06:22:11 pm »
1993 George Longstaff touring frame just given a good tanning with a new Brooks Imperial and Planet X brown handlebar tape. Does brown become the new black when one approaches 60?
I have no idea.
To be honest, I'd be more concerned about catching the rotten sod who attached a plank of wood1 to the side of your bike ;)

ObBike: n+1, now finished: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=22914.msg1531610#msg1531610

1 - although obviously its lightweight racing wood, because its had bits cut out of it.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #6486 on: 29 July, 2013, 06:42:56 pm »
I have no idea.
To be honest, I'd be more concerned about catching the rotten sod who attached a plank of wood1 to the side of your bike ;)

ObBike: n+1, now finished: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=22914.msg1531610#msg1531610

1 - although obviously its lightweight racing wood, because its had bits cut out of it.
Nah - it's a Plank Imperial!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

slope

• Current pedalable joys
« Reply #6487 on: 29 July, 2013, 07:21:12 pm »

Old thorn XTC above the Lot.

That's the first Thron I've seen that looks GOOD :thumbsup:

LEE

« Reply #6488 on: 01 August, 2013, 01:56:41 pm »

one cross check looking clean after this morning's 55 mile ride around the gwendraeth/towy valley  :thumbsup:

That slide is an excellent way to mount your bike in a hurry.

I assume someone shines the Bat Signal into the sky and you get changed, Wallace & Grommit style, as you descend the slide.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #6489 on: 02 August, 2013, 01:15:25 pm »

Jess out on an early morning 'constitutional' to Eyensford

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #6490 on: 02 August, 2013, 08:41:27 pm »
On-One Inbred knocked up for MasterC mainly from the spares box...

welshwheels

• stop eating cheeseburgers big boy!!!!
« Reply #6491 on: 03 August, 2013, 08:31:39 pm »

That slide is an excellent way to mount your bike in a hurry.

I assume someone shines the Bat Signal into the sky and you get changed, Wallace & Grommit style, as you descend the slide.
        As soon as the freedom pass is issued from mrs ww  it's a zip wire out of the bedroom window get changed wallace and gromit style and I am away down the slide and out the gate  :thumbsup: 
struggling up hills since 1981 !!!

« Reply #6492 on: 05 August, 2013, 09:29:35 pm »
Took photos of my 1937 Raleigh Tandem today as I'm thinking of selling it.  :'(

A cream linen suit, for cycling!!! Am I mad?  ;D

Just waved the tandem Goodbye.  :'(

It's off for a career in film & TV - sold to a props company. It has experience in this field - it appeared in this Stella Artois commercial

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TjFHcN_UwDE&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/TjFHcN_UwDE&rel=1</a>
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Squarewheels

• Too much cake :sick:
« Reply #6493 on: 06 August, 2013, 04:12:39 pm »
Many many rules have been broken here  :facepalm:. Valves aren't at 6 o'clock, cranks are in the wrong place and probably other things. I expect much abuse...

Giant Peloton 8200 by Squarewheels, on Flickr

Sees a lot of abuse use. Haven't had it very long, and had a 3 week holiday with no bike, so I haven't had a lot of chance to use it. Everything is as it was when I bought it apart from brake blocks and saddle. I think it needs some Shimano Ultegra 6700 wheels though... I would like to fit mudguards but I reckon the clearances are far too tight, but I have seen one of these with full SKS mudguards before. Does geometry vary? 423.2 miles (with me - since about June 20th 2013)

Dawes Sardar by Squarewheels, on Flickr

2008 model with added drop handlebars and very expensive bar tape (Cinelli Caleido). Was my only bike for about a year. 3482.6 recorded miles (with me - since June 4th 2012)

Emmelle Bullet 12 by Squarewheels, on Flickr

Heavy, uncomfortable and in several pieces, scattered around the sekrit bunka. Needs rebuilding, but I don't really have a use for it and it isn't really worth anything...I guess it would work as a winter bike. 0 miles (with me)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #6494 on: 06 August, 2013, 04:26:19 pm »

How do I make the pictures work other than right click, open image in new tab...? :-[

In Flickr there's a curling arrow at the bottom of your picture that says something like "Sharing" or "More Ways to Share" select the "Grab the HTML/BBCode" option, copy the text from the box below which will look something like this:

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_fulford/9376112828/][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7438/9376112828_683c0e4ec9_z.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_fulford/9376112828/]Untitled[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/paul_fulford/]paulfulford[/url], on Flickr

Paste that directly into your post and you'll get something like this:

Untitled by paulfulford, on Flickr

Squarewheels

• Too much cake :sick:
« Reply #6495 on: 06 August, 2013, 04:39:48 pm »
They should work now - Thank you :)

slope

• Current pedalable joys
« Reply #6496 on: 09 August, 2013, 02:46:21 pm »

IMG_1691 by obswerve, on Flickr

Latest updates to the '82 Raleigh Record Ace - gone are the mudguards, back to moustache bars and added gold coloured braided brake and gear outer cables :o

LEE

« Reply #6497 on: 11 August, 2013, 10:16:44 am »

RRA_1551 by obswerve, on Flickr

Latest updates to the '82 Raleigh Record Ace - gone are the mudguards, back to moustache bars and added gold coloured braided brake and gear outer cables :o

Classic looking bike.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #6498 on: 13 August, 2013, 05:02:06 pm »

Very nice :)

After using moustache bars for the first time on my fixed bike, I've been thinking of swapping the drops/down tube shifters for moustache/bar end shifters on my Bob Jackson winter bike.

slope

• Current pedalable joys
« Reply #6499 on: 13 August, 2013, 05:17:22 pm »

Very nice :)

After using moustache bars for the first time on my fixed bike, I've been thinking of swapping the drops/down tube shifters for moustache/bar end shifters on my Bob Jackson winter bike.

I really like the various hand positions on the moustache bars, although it took a few stem length changes to get it just right. Initially I tried them with Campag Ergo levers, as I'd seen pic of a couple of bikes like that - but I couldn't get on with them, so adopted the tried and tested simple bar end shifters. I might have a bash at mounting them on VO thumbshifter brackets when Freshtripe get some stock - but they'd have to be fairly close to the centre of the bars so as not to foul the really comfortable hands on hoods position. Oh fettlisiuossimotastico ;D