Author Topic: Entries to (Please Enter Online)  (Read 2039 times)

AJB

Entries to (Please Enter Online)
« on: 09 August, 2019, 09:34:02 am »
I've recently started to see Audax Calendar events that instead of having the address of the organiser show (Please Enter Online) and when you click the Enter Button, only allows PayPal online entries.

Although I still get postal entries to my events, and not looking to remove, was wondering how this 'feature' is achieved.

Anton

S2L

Re: Entries to (Please Enter Online)
« Reply #1 on: 09 August, 2019, 10:08:46 am »
I don't know how many in this day and age want all their personal details on display on the internet, I don't and only have my email if people want to contact me.
Equally, if they are interested in entering via a cheque/printed form, they can send me an email and get the address to send their form to.

It has happened once in one year, so in my experience it's a dying thing

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #2 on: 09 August, 2019, 10:58:23 am »
Although I still get postal entries to my events, and not looking to remove, was wondering how this 'feature' is achieved.

It's a tickbox option "invite postal entries" (ticked by default) when you set up your PayPal details in the Event Planner.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

Martin

« Reply #3 on: 09 August, 2019, 11:24:41 am »
I don't know how many in this day and age want all their personal details on display on the internet, I don't and only have my email if people want to contact me.
Equally, if they are interested in entering via a cheque/printed form, they can send me an email and get the address to send their form to.

It has happened once in one year, so in my experience it's a dying thing

I use my work address, but internal post results in a few of the very few postal entries getting lost.

The problem with your solution is that some of my postal entrants don't have email either!

AJB

« Reply #4 on: 09 August, 2019, 11:47:38 am »

It's a tickbox option "invite postal entries" (ticked by default) when you set up your PayPal details in the Event Planner.

Thanks - found it - you learn something new every day.

S2L

« Reply #5 on: 09 August, 2019, 12:03:48 pm »
The problem with your solution is that some of my postal entrants don't have email either!

They can ask their grandson to email me for them?
They need access to a computer, otherwise they can't get the form they need

AJB

« Reply #6 on: 09 August, 2019, 02:07:33 pm »

I actually get an entry every year that appears to be a photocopy of the AUK Entry form taken from the back of Arrivee (I believe). Certainly not one of the online forms.

Anton

Martin

« Reply #7 on: 09 August, 2019, 02:16:50 pm »

I actually get an entry every year that appears to be a photocopy of the AUK Entry form taken from the back of Arrivee (I believe). Certainly not one of the online forms.

Anton

It's probably the same rider I get every year. A couple of years ago his entry got lost so I got his clubmate to find out if he was riding and let him enter on the day (free, which I presume is allowed, his entry never did turn up)

Yes Arrivee or the handbook always had the blank entry form

S2L

« Reply #8 on: 09 August, 2019, 02:19:56 pm »
So are we suggesting that we should all have our names and addresses publicly available on the web so that the above mentioned member can enter our events?

Is it AUK's idea of inclusivity?  ;D

Martin

« Reply #9 on: 09 August, 2019, 02:53:57 pm »
So are we suggesting that we should all have our names and addresses publicly available on the web so that the above mentioned member can enter our events?

Is it AUK's idea of inclusivity?  ;D

no it's up to the individual organiser to decide if they want postal entries or not

for personal reasons I don't want my private address visible on the internet. I looked into a PO box but it was prohibitively expensive just for AUK entries

S2L

« Reply #10 on: 09 August, 2019, 03:25:50 pm »
If they want to enter, they'll find a way, they will have a friend or relative with an email address. If they can't go that far, then they don't really want to enter and it's an insignificant loss anyway... probably one in a thousand

Martin

« Reply #11 on: 09 August, 2019, 07:04:44 pm »
I had about 15 postal entries to my last 4 events in total; apart from one they all have email

some people just like cheques and paper and I'm not prepared to lose them

« Reply #12 on: 09 August, 2019, 09:07:44 pm »
'some people just like cheques and paper and I'm not prepared to lose them'

Last time I had to write a cheque I couldn't find the cheque book!

Martin

« Reply #13 on: 09 August, 2019, 09:10:45 pm »
most cheques I've written in the past 2 years have been validation fees to AUK but that's all online now  :)