Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1625192 times)

fuzzy

Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #8425 on: 19 December, 2016, 02:03:53 pm »
Could it be something as simple as the LED has come adrift from its little slot so isn't as close to the case and therefore less visible?

ian

« Reply #8426 on: 19 December, 2016, 02:57:07 pm »
Could it be something as simple as the LED has come adrift from its little slot so isn't as close to the case and therefore less visible?

Possibly, but it looks in place and an experimental flick didn't improve thing. My wife claims the button doesn't work like it used to, but I think that's psychological because the light doesn't come on (there's a delay between button press and water flow to enable you to get out of the way). I don't know how the rest of the world survives without such features.

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #8427 on: 19 December, 2016, 08:13:41 pm »
If you're flicking the button and your wife says that the button doesn't work like it used to, I would be careful - she'll want to trade you in for a better button flicker.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

fuzzy

« Reply #8428 on: 20 December, 2016, 12:33:33 pm »
^^^^^^

Normal service has been restored and all is well with the world ;D

« Reply #8429 on: 20 December, 2016, 02:23:18 pm »
If you're flicking the button and your wife says that the button doesn't work like it used to, I would be careful - she'll want to trade you in for a better button flicker.

Would that make ian a has-been flicker?  :demon:
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #8430 on: 21 December, 2016, 08:53:11 am »
Edinburgh: please to be making better with the weather. Thank you.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #8431 on: 21 December, 2016, 09:50:51 am »
Phone bank to cancel a contract before they all fuck off for Christmas: gee-I'm-dynamic muzak, 5-point menu, then "All our councillors are busy, please call later".

Phone Orange Pro services to change a contract: orgiastic muzak, 8-point menu, then "All our councillors are busy, please call later".

Arsebiscuits.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #8432 on: 21 December, 2016, 02:26:45 pm »
Fucking hell.

The hair cut, what I did went for, this morning has ended up costing me £40. £15 for the hair cut and £25 for the bloody parking ticket I got due to it taking longer than expected.

Bugger
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #8433 on: 21 December, 2016, 09:06:10 pm »
As I was going out, son asks if I can get him a £5 phone top up, so I pop into Carphone Warehouse as I'm passing it. "EE don't do a £5 top up. £10 minimum." "Okay, £10 then." "Have you got your card?" "Card?" "Top up card." "Oh. No, it's not for my phone. Can't you just print out a voucher? That's what I normally get." "They don't do vouchers anymore, you'll need the top up card." Which I know he hasn't got. So I went into Sainsbury's next door and got a £5 top up voucher.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #8434 on: 21 December, 2016, 09:24:49 pm »
Fucking hell.

The hair cut, what I did went for, this morning has ended up costing me £40. £15 for the hair cut and £25 for the bloody parking ticket I got due to it taking longer than expected.

Bugger

Is that a 'real' parking ticket or some arsehole outfit like Parking Eye? I got a Parking Charge Notice from them yesterday. Seventy five fucking quid for overstaying a 'free' car park. Thumbnail size images of my motor against a totally black background, only the headlights and plate visible, no discernible background to show where they were taken. i've emailed them to tell them they'll have to do a sight better than that, they could literally have been taken anywhere. Funny thing though, I'm supposed to have been in this car park at lunchtime, yet the pictures give every impression of having been taken in the dark . . .

VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #8435 on: 22 December, 2016, 08:07:16 am »
^^^ Polish bloke I knew, who lived in France, drove to Poland to visit relatives in the early 90s. Got stopped by police with a radar gun when he was doing a legal speed. Queried it and was shown the reading on the gun, well above the speed limit, so not wanting any pother he forked out a trivial fine and went on. Relatives explained: Poles have no money now so they shoot a Polish car exceeding the speed limit then freeze the reading and wait for a foreigner.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #8436 on: 22 December, 2016, 08:19:41 am »
Fucking hell.

Bugger

Is that a 'real' parking ticket or some arsehole outfit like Parking Eye? I got a Parking Charge Notice from them yesterday. Seventy five fucking quid for overstaying a 'free' car park. Thumbnail size images of my motor against a totally black background, only the headlights and plate visible, no discernible background to show where they were taken. i've emailed them to tell them they'll have to do a sight better than that, they could literally have been taken anywhere. Funny thing though, I'm supposed to have been in this car park at lunchtime, yet the pictures give every impression of having been taken in the dark . . .

Nah, totally pukka, council run car park, my own stupid fault as I thought I would only be an hour, tops, and it took >2!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #8437 on: 22 December, 2016, 08:41:32 am »
Fucking hell.

Bugger

Nah, totally pukka, council run car park, my own stupid fault as I thought I would only be an hour, tops, and it took >2!

Wow, I didn't think anyone cut each hair individually.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #8438 on: 22 December, 2016, 11:32:47 pm »
Someone, on the small estate next to mine has had a generator or pump running for more than 24hrs.  It's starting to annoy me  >:(

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #8439 on: 23 December, 2016, 08:28:06 am »
If the neighbourhood is hilly then the someone might be the council and the pump could be in the sewers.  There's one near us that has been running for the last 28 years.

« Reply #8440 on: 23 December, 2016, 08:39:04 am »
Darling daughter, the Britvic 55 purchased last night, during a somewhat fractious shopping trip, the one's you have guzzled upon your return late last night were for a member otp on Christmas day, I ought to send you to the stupormarket  ::-)

« Reply #8441 on: 23 December, 2016, 08:41:58 am »
Darling daughter, the Britvic 55 purchased last night, during a somewhat fractious shopping trip, the one's you have guzzled upon your return late last night were for a member otp on Christmas day, I ought to send you to the stupormarket  ::-)
Seems fair.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #8442 on: 23 December, 2016, 08:50:49 am »
^^ It's more hassle than its worth MrC, it'll take her the best part of the day to get out of the house and that health hazard she inhabits will not get cleaned, which will lead to me cleaning it by the simple expedient of throwing it all out the window into the wheelie bin, probably not the best way to kick off the festive period.

« Reply #8443 on: 23 December, 2016, 09:24:18 am »
If the neighbourhood is hilly then the someone might be the council and the pump could be in the sewers.  There's one near us that has been running for the last 28 years.

We are at the top of a hill but I've seen no evidence of any council work.   It appears to be coming from a single house with a "for let" sign.      My suspicious mind is starting to think "dope farm" with a pump for the hydroponics.  Seems a bit careless for that though.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #8444 on: 23 December, 2016, 02:57:09 pm »
Generator, then?  'tis the season for unfortunate damage to the electrickery supply.  Although the leccy board tend to deploy reasonably quiet ones for that.

Middle Earth is currently full of the things, on account of Christmas retail activities.  I've ranted previously about one being deployed for the simple purpose of powering a giant advertising screen overlooking a road junction.  Because the one thing Birmingham needs is more diesel fumes.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #8445 on: 23 December, 2016, 03:12:51 pm »
Generators? Ha! Every largeish business, most small ones and a fair few houses have them in India. Brigade Road was the worst in Blr for generators, it's a road of medium-sized but busy shops, each with a DG chained up outside. Indian party conversation is not about whether to take the B4567 instead of the A1, it's about the respective merits of inline, online and offline generators (and UPSs).
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #8446 on: 23 December, 2016, 06:15:27 pm »
Generators? Ha! Every largeish business, most small ones and a fair few houses have them in India. Brigade Road was the worst in Blr for generators, it's a road of medium-sized but busy shops, each with a DG chained up outside. Indian party conversation is not about whether to take the B4567 instead of the A1, it's about the respective merits of inline, online and offline generators (and UPSs).

See also: Lagos.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #8447 on: 24 December, 2016, 08:33:41 am »
Self: stop tutting about the suspension seatpost that should have arrived by now. The fact that it hasn't arrived is down to you not completing the order process, you numpty!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #8448 on: 25 December, 2016, 03:25:50 pm »
What's with the Christmas spectacles all over my Faceache feed? Is this the latest thing?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #8449 on: 25 December, 2016, 03:35:53 pm »
Is it Christmas?  I didn't get the memo.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime