Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 3039641 times)

You’d think that people shagging on campsites would remember how well sound travels at night….
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
You’d think that people shagging on campsites would remember how well sound travels at night….

Have you taken a wrong turn and ended up at The Barge Inn?

That couple were trying to be discreet, but failed.  The 2 beered up Dutch chaps in a nearby pitch have no excuse for being so loud, late at night & now early in the morning.   I contemplated burning down their tent in the middle of the night, but decided that having to drive a shit condition Austin Allegro was punishment enough.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
That couple were trying to be discreet, but failed.  The 2 beered up Dutch chaps in a nearby pitch have no excuse for being so loud, late at night & now early in the morning.   I contemplated burning down their tent in the middle of the night, but decided that having to drive a shit condition Austin Allegro was punishment enough.

Were they the couple shagging?
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.

Have you taken a wrong turn and ended up at The Barge Inn?
You'd never hear anyone shagging at the Barge Inn over the bongos.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
This is just going to go bad ain't it

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/may/11/bird-flu-strain-found-in-us-cows-flown-to-uk-lab-for-testing

Books and movies about the end of the world, started just like that
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Never before in the history of human stupidity have we had such a plethora of plausible possible Ends of the World.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

I'm in one of those near the airport cultural desert pubs, for a bite to eat. They have golf on TV and auto-tuned rnb on the stereo. The best bit so far was the remixed Jamiroquai blending with the erectile disfunction advert.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Beardy

• Shedist
I bought myself a new soldering iron after the magic smoke escaped from my eons old ex work one.

I decided to fix the fairy lights that have been draped across a few trees at the bottom of the garden for a several of years. The initial fix didn’t work.

On further investigation it looks like there’s a break in continuity somewhere along the string.

Can I be arsed to start dissecting the string to find the failure. Given that the lights are probably over ten years old and I can replace the whole thing for a tenner I suspect that they’re destined for land fill.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Beardy

• Shedist
Apparently the post’s in the Czech

Graun link
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Just had my nth covid jab.  I shall take my new super powers down the pub.  ;D
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
It seems I'm not eligible for a covid jab yet. I'm not even 70!

(click to show/hide)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Just had my nth covid jab.  I shall take my new super powers down the pub.  ;D

I too have an upper arm like a pin-cushion . . . I've lost count of how many I've had.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
My dear friend, the Rev.Enid, a methodist minister, has been celebrating her 70th birthday today. She has just posted the following on Facebook.

Thankyou everyone for my birthday good wishes. 70 is just as good as 69!!××

Take it from me, people, that the double entendre within that sentence is completely unintentional. Which makes it very amusing indeed.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
I visited my Mum today.
She had just collected the mail from her mailbox when she collected me from the taxi.
There were half a dozen leaflets from various election candidates. These must have arrived AFTER the election on 2 May.
Mum might not collect her mail EVERY day but she won’t have left it a fortnight.

What a waste of paper/money/hot air!

Royal Mail leaves me underwhelmed...

Cudzoziemiec

I don't recall having any election material delivered by post, in any election. The local party machines seem to be well supplied with volunteers who manage to find our letterbox. Apart from the Tories, who simply don't bother.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
We got a fair bit (both RM and volunteer-delivered) in the few days before the election.  Which was little use as we'd postal voted in a timely manner.

Presumably the parties know that recent familiarity outweighs a few early postal votes.

Cudzoziemiec

It's also easier to whip up volunteer enthusiasm nearer the date. This could be a factor even for RM deliveries; envelopes don't fill themselves.

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
As a leaflet delivering volunteer I can confirm that we tried to make one round just after we expected postal voting forms to land (and there are a lot of postal votes in Tower Hamlets)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
I don't recall having any election material delivered by post, in any election. The local party machines seem to be well supplied with volunteers who manage to find our letterbox. Apart from the Tories, who simply don't bother.

IIRC every candidate has the option of one piece of election literature being delivered by post.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Election literature was not enveloped.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
A random sheep furry on Mastodon just taught me how to whistle[1].  Something I've been failing to manage since I was a child.   :o

[1] Briefly.  I'm now dizzy and can't seem to get it to work again.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
A random sheep furry on Mastodon just taught me how to whistle[1].  Something I've been failing to manage since I was a child.   :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBk79X3rMyc

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen

Without watching, I guessed what that clip shows. Then I watched. I wasn't disappointed.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike

Without watching, I guessed what that clip shows. Then I watched. I wasn't disappointed.

Ha! Yes, +1
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."