Author Topic: velomobile plans  (Read 4747 times)

sprogs

• from your big sister, Steve.
velomobile plans
« on: 17 September, 2009, 11:27:41 pm »
does anyone know of any published velomobile body plans? i'd like to put some weatherproofing on my trice as i live in morecambe (need i say more?)

Re: velomobile plans
« Reply #1 on: 18 September, 2009, 02:09:13 pm »
You mean like the Borealis?
http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/trikes/accessories.htm#borealis

That's the only aftermarket-fairing I know for a trike. Doesn't look like it hit production though.
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been too many days since I have ridden through the night with a brevet card in my pocket...

« Reply #2 on: 18 September, 2009, 07:24:44 pm »
Lots around -WISIL for instance have lots of information if you wish to build your own.

« Reply #3 on: 18 September, 2009, 11:42:17 pm »
Lee Wakefield was intending to produce his Correx velomobile bodywork as a kit - He's not finished his website though (only first 2 sections completed) -  might be worth trying to contact him.

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

sprogs

« Reply #4 on: 20 September, 2009, 09:40:46 pm »
Thanks, Lee Wakefields design looks just the thing. Mine's a trice t so there might be problems fitting but worth finding out. What I'd really like is just paper plans for homebuilders if only to get some ideas and hopefully avoid repeating other peoples mistakes. Wasn't there a short article in velovision about a fabric body kit? I seem to recall that it had no compound curves so it should be easy to make. If anyone sees anything on the net that might be helpful please feel free to send me a link'
Ta
sprogs

« Reply #5 on: 20 September, 2009, 10:10:22 pm »
There's going to be a budget home-made Velomobile fairing featured in the readers bikes section of the next issue of Velovision  :thumbsup:
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

sprogs

« Reply #6 on: 21 September, 2009, 10:11:38 am »
Thank s John.
I'm going to first take some photos of myself on the trike against a brick wall, I can then use the wall as a kind of graphpaper to get accurate enough measurements. I might try using kite making fittings and material first, as I have 3 20ft lenghts of 1/4" fibreglass rod and a roll of  BRIGHT green ripstop. Depends on whether or not my sewing machine can handle the thickness, or is it whether or not my thickness can handle the sewing machine? blood will almost certainly be shed.
sprogs

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #7 on: 24 September, 2009, 08:56:38 pm »
So I guess that's my plans for a Bright Green Khaftan out the window now? 1/2" rod might have kept it round my Aero belly as well.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!