Author Topic: Re: On the commute today  (Read 830 times)

mAsTa RiDaH

Re: On the commute today
« on: 05 February, 2011, 09:32:55 pm »
I can't believe you don't know what diesel smells like. And no and no the diesel will and probably has by now evaporated.

« Reply #1 on: 05 February, 2011, 09:42:22 pm »
I do know what diesel smells like, Lee.  I was simply off in my own world and not paying attention.  As for diesel evaporating at 9 degrees C, I think not much at all given its boiling point.

Actually, I'm not even sure why I'm bothering to answer.  Your internet personality is amongst the worst I've come across.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2 on: 05 February, 2011, 09:45:49 pm »
Diesel doesn't evaporate (at least not for days).  It usually just soaks into tarmac or gets washed away by heavy rain.  That's why it's so lethal to two-wheeled vehicles and why the motorcycle press gets so worked up about it.  Petrol, on the other hand, is gone in a few minutes and isn't very slippery anyway.

My commute always has multiple patches of spilled diesel from Farmer Palmer which usually last until the next really wet weather.  I can't trust any corner.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

mAsTa RiDaH

« Reply #3 on: 05 February, 2011, 09:57:33 pm »
What's the boiling point got to do with anything? The boiling point of water is 373K yet it seems to vanish from the road after a given period of time. I wonder - where does it go. ???

And I'd pay attention when out on the road, being in your own little world is highly dangerous and a tad hypocritical imo bearing in mind the amount of vids that you post about drivers doing xyz and therefore they lack concerntration.

« Reply #4 on: 05 February, 2011, 10:00:05 pm »
When are you going to stop being an oxygen thief?  You must be a bit of a masochist to keep coming on here, posting some tripe, and getting a load of abuse in return.

mAsTa RiDaH

« Reply #5 on: 05 February, 2011, 10:02:52 pm »
LOL abuse, pull the other one! The wit that comes in the form of abuse from other members of this forum requires the sense of humour to find the following joke funny:-

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get to the other side.

Either that or you get called a c**t 8) ::-)

« Reply #6 on: 05 February, 2011, 10:04:39 pm »
You pretend it doesn't hurt, but you forget, I know you well enough.

mAsTa RiDaH

« Reply #7 on: 05 February, 2011, 10:07:35 pm »
Er, I don't think you do somehow. How weird, saying you know someone 'well' after only meeting them twice.

« Reply #8 on: 05 February, 2011, 10:13:01 pm »
Gooood, so you are Lee.  You wanted to hide that, and now you've confirmed it.  And I do know you well enough, not just meeting you in person, but online for years.  Your online persona is a right nasty piece of work, I'm sure it makes you proud.

mAsTa RiDaH

« Reply #9 on: 05 February, 2011, 10:17:19 pm »
Gooood, so you are Lee.  You wanted to hide that, and now you've confirmed it.  And I do know you well enough, not just meeting you in person, but online for years.  Your online persona is a right nasty piece of work, I'm sure it makes you proud.

I'm not hiding anything and never have done. You've been on some sort of mission over the last eight or so weeks and I just thought I'd put you out of your misery.

Keep aspiring to ride like I do, till then watch for those diesel spills and try and concerntrate when out on the road.

« Reply #10 on: 05 February, 2011, 10:23:24 pm »
This strikes me as an admin intervention point.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: 05 February, 2011, 10:26:22 pm »

+1

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #12 on: 05 February, 2011, 10:27:10 pm »

Have reported it. Either write about your commute here, or go forth and procreate.