Author Topic: Heating on?  (Read 62166 times)

Re: Heating on?
« Reply #650 on: 02 December, 2023, 01:02:53 pm »

I don't know what the tog rating of my duvet is, cos I live in a metric world...

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a rating expressed as m2.K/W (Rsi) But apparently 1 tog = 0.1 Rsi.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #651 on: 02 December, 2023, 01:06:42 pm »
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a rating expressed as m2.K/W (Rsi) But apparently 1 tog = 0.1 Rsi.

Agreed. Looking at the ikea nl website, they just classify them as

"light warm"
"warm"
"all season"
"cool"

Highly scientific...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #652 on: 02 December, 2023, 03:43:22 pm »
I don't use a duvet, they're too hard to wash and not very "adjustable". I just pile more/less blankets on the bed as appropriate.
"There are proven ways; play on the certain knowledge of their superiority, the mystique of secret covenant, the esprit of shared suffering"

« Reply #653 on: 02 December, 2023, 04:02:36 pm »
I don't use a duvet, they're too hard to wash and not very "adjustable". I just pile more/less blankets on the bed as appropriate.

I just stick an arm or leg out if too hot. My wife has never had such a problem (at 5’ 4” and 8st 4lb she has little thermal mass, and eats like a bird!)
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

ian

« Reply #654 on: 02 December, 2023, 07:43:59 pm »
We sleep under a pile of cats so we’re never cold. If we plan to use the bedroom for anything other than sleeping though, like that other thing people do in bedroom, they’re seriously annoying.

Heating came on at 5pm yesterday and The Asbestos Palace was still not up to temperature when we came home from the theatre at 10.30pm. Currently claiming 19.4 degrees so probably much the same. Mind you after a six hour hike in zero degrees it feels warm.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #655 on: 03 December, 2023, 12:17:08 pm »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63602501

I think I may have posted this link before, but seeing as it's once again in the top 10 most read on the BBC news website, it's probably worth sharing again.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #656 on: 03 December, 2023, 05:25:47 pm »

I just stick an arm or leg out if too hot. My wife has never had such a problem (at 5’ 4” and 8st 4lb she has little thermal mass, and eats like a bird!)
I was introduced to the scandinavian approach to duvets by a similar (and differing) mismatch.

Sent from my IV2201 using Tapatalk

« Reply #657 on: 31 March, 2024, 09:10:46 pm »
The heating gor switched off a few weeks back. Been very tempted to switch back on. Thermostat which I'm sure over reads read 15 this morning and unlike yesterday when sun and cooking warmed up we had neither today.

Saying that I'm in shorts as clocks have changed but a BIG jumper

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #658 on: 01 April, 2024, 11:44:16 am »
Now it is April the heating is off until late October.   I have TOG 4.5 Duvet on my bed.  I am wearing shorts and T-shirt. If I go out I will wear a little more but still shorts.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #659 on: 01 April, 2024, 03:26:18 pm »
Can some of you never-get-cold bastards send some of that to me!?

Even without anaemia my thermoreg is teh shite.