Author Topic: [HAMR] 21st Jan - Steve day 167  (Read 9833 times)

Re: 21st Jan - Steve day 167
« Reply #25 on: 21 January, 2016, 08:21:37 pm »
I don't think it is unreasonable or too much of an invasion of his privacy for the team to say he is still riding, has stopped or is reviewing what to do. As has been said before, this is a public challenge and people are interested and concerned. It doesn't need Steve to appear in public or to bare his soul.
EDITED to make sense.

« Reply #26 on: 21 January, 2016, 08:37:33 pm »
If he's at home trying to come to terms with things not working out as he's had in his head for a very long time then he needs some private time.
If he's at home pushing Olympic Zzzzzzzz then same.

Completely agree with you.

If he's on the road doing what Steve does and it's just a tracker issue, I can wait.

If Steve's been on the road for the last 2 days whilst we've all been kept in the dark and worrying then I'll be pretty dischuffed about it.
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #27 on: 21 January, 2016, 08:42:11 pm »
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #28 on: 21 January, 2016, 08:42:59 pm »
I don't think it is unreasonable or too much of an invasion of his privacy for the team to say he is still riding, has stopped or is reviewing what to do. As has been said before, this is a public challenge and people are interested and concerned. It doesn't need Steve to appearing public or to bare his soul.
Sorry, that was meant to be a swipe at Facebook more than comment on Steve or team.  Reading it back now I see your point, he has made himself to an extent public property in this.  I still feel if things have gone pear shaped for him he will need some private time yet he does owe the public, fiscally supportive and non, some explanation.  Where the line is on how long he can acceptably wait before making a full statement is something I'm not touching with a 20' pole.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #29 on: 21 January, 2016, 08:50:40 pm »
If Steve's been on the road for the last 2 days whilst we've all been kept in the dark and worrying then I'll be pretty dischuffed about it.

I speak only for myself but there are days when I want NO contact with humankind.
No phones
No texts
No emails
No Faceache

Just saying like.

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #30 on: 21 January, 2016, 08:52:02 pm »

simonp

« Reply #31 on: 21 January, 2016, 08:54:06 pm »
I appreciate it's frustrating not knowing what's going on, and we're concerned for Steve. But this challenge isn't about us.

« Reply #32 on: 21 January, 2016, 09:32:45 pm »
I appreciate it's frustrating not knowing what's going on, and we're concerned for Steve. But this challenge isn't about us.

+1

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #33 on: 21 January, 2016, 09:43:35 pm »
after recent high mileage effort in cold weather it should be no surprise that Steve's body needs to recover. good news that the day temperatures are back into double digits from tomorrow onwards.

« Reply #34 on: 21 January, 2016, 09:56:57 pm »
There are limitations to how far the human body can work itself. In other cycling arenas, some people take dope to get beyond that but even then, sooner or later, you're going to hit a new set of limitations, doesn't matter which way you turn, and when you hit them face to face, I can only imagine, it's a profound experience and a difficult place to be.

Wishing him well - cycling or no cycling, I really don't care, as long as he puts his well-being first.
Garry Broad

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #35 on: 21 January, 2016, 10:02:15 pm »
You can say much the same about lithium ion batteries.  Let's hope it's that.

« Reply #36 on: 21 January, 2016, 10:13:51 pm »
True. If it's a battery issue then it should be easily and quickly resolvable.
Garry Broad

« Reply #37 on: 21 January, 2016, 10:30:47 pm »
True. If it's a battery issue then it should be easily and quickly resolvable.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #38 on: 21 January, 2016, 10:47:15 pm »
I speak only for myself but there are days when I want NO contact with humankind.
No phones
No texts
No emails
No Faceache
Indeed.

Meanwhile, my "current thoughts" about Steve are:
- Priority 1; knowing whether he's safe and well,
- Priority 2; knowing his record attempt progress. Steve has fed this need for 13 months - it wont stop until _he_ does!

I dont expect, require, or demand that  Priority2 is satisfied, but it would be a lie to deny it.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

hillbilly

« Reply #39 on: 22 January, 2016, 07:25:16 am »
Ivanscience becomes Ivansilence.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #40 on: 22 January, 2016, 11:37:45 am »
No phones
No texts
No emails
No Faceache
Indeed.

Meanwhile, my "current thoughts" about Steve are:
- Priority 1; knowing whether he's safe and well,
- Priority 2; knowing his record attempt progress. Steve has fed this need for 13 months - it wont stop until _he_ does!

I dont expect, require, or demand that  Priority2 is satisfied, but it would be a lie to deny it.

You echo my thoughts.