Author Topic: iPod Touch Password Issue  (Read 662 times)

iPod Touch Password Issue
« on: 27 June, 2012, 01:15:20 pm »
My son has an iPod Touch 4th gen.

He lent it to my 6-year-old daughter who used it fine for a time, but then forgot the password. Instead of asking her brother for the password, she tried to guess it. Many, many times over. She must have been very persistent, as it is now disabled for 22 million minutes! That's 42 years.

I know nothing of such things, so is there any way to reset it via iTunes or another way?
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
Re: iPod Touch Password Issue
« Reply #1 on: 27 June, 2012, 01:30:51 pm »
Been there...

You need to plug it into the computer it's synced with, let iTunes fire up, do a 'restore' and then sync everything back.

Oh, and I've seen one locked out for much longer than that!
If they let the battery run down totally, the date re-sets to something way back like 1970 or so.   That causes all sorts of odd mayhem.   Some apps stop working, typically ones which connect to a remote server to pull info.   The remote connection is refused because of the time/date is so far out.

Re: iPod Touch Password Issue
« Reply #2 on: 27 June, 2012, 03:50:44 pm »
Thanks, I'll give it a go.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.