Author Topic: Mozilla seems to have fixed Firefox  (Read 5111 times)

Re: Mozilla seems to have fixed Firefox
« Reply #25 on: 14 December, 2017, 03:52:21 pm »
Something has unfixed Firefox 57.02 on my W10 laptop  >:(

Being cynical it seems to have been since Microshit updated the system last week (uninvited as usual). Takes minutes to load pages, while Edge runs OK. Have searched for suggestions but can't find anything that works.

Anyone else?

« Reply #26 on: 14 December, 2017, 04:18:27 pm »
Not for the first time, as soon as I'd posted here than the problem was solved, such is the power of YACF  8)

I found disabling the Rapport add-on, a security app by IBM recommended by my bank, has eradicated the problem. Must have an incompatibility issue with the latest version of W10.

rr

« Reply #27 on: 14 December, 2017, 10:06:26 pm »
Rapport has been notoriously shit for years, picks a fight with all sorts of other software.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

« Reply #28 on: 19 December, 2017, 05:54:19 pm »
Firefox is no longer on my phone and tablet. I had problems with it not wanting to start and in the end got fed up with it, uninstalled it and went back to the Free Adblocker browser. Its still working well on my Desktop though.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #29 on: 20 December, 2017, 02:25:35 pm »
I must admit I've always assumed the title of this thread was an ironic one ...
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

« Reply #30 on: 03 February, 2018, 06:48:48 pm »
I have set Firefox so that the last site viewed when shutting down is then displayed when I start-up again the next day. I have checked the settings and nothing has changed. So why, when I start up the next day, do I see Facebook? I know FB is taking over but how does it over ride my settings?