Author Topic: Audax events into calendar  (Read 1548 times)

Audax events into calendar
« on: 02 April, 2018, 04:56:29 pm »
A while ago I read an article somewhere which described a function/app which you could use to load all 2018 events into a phone calendar. I did this but it loaded a lot of events multiple times, there was a warning that this may happen, and now I want to get rid of this function.

Anyone know how to do it please? Even when I clear Calendar data it just comes back.

Thanks

Ben T

Re: Audax events into calendar
« Reply #1 on: 03 April, 2018, 11:20:32 am »
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=knpb53dru2glvif2b08q0gsqeo%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe%2FLondon
I think you just go to google calendar, click add calendar, and put that URL in.
You can then turn it on or off, or click on an event and 'copy to my calendar'.
It says it was created in Nov 2017, so it may be out of date if audaxes have been added/changed/removed since then.
You could create your own in a similar vein I suppose.

« Reply #2 on: 03 April, 2018, 12:08:37 pm »
It's the turning off part I can't work out. I can't find anything to de-select.

Ben T

« Reply #3 on: 03 April, 2018, 12:27:43 pm »
I do it on the desktop, I'm not sure if you can do it on your phone - but on the desktop it's in the side menu, press the 'main menu' icon in the top left.

« Reply #4 on: 03 April, 2018, 03:28:41 pm »
I do it on the desktop, I'm not sure if you can do it on your phone - but on the desktop it's in the side menu, press the 'main menu' icon in the top left.

Mmm, they don't show up on the desktop version. Ah well, they'll be gone at the end of September.

« Reply #5 on: 03 April, 2018, 03:58:49 pm »

Mmm, they don't show up on the desktop version. Ah well, they'll be gone at the end of September.

I've just tried this and it seems to work. When viewing the Google Calendar on the desktop, there are some lines in the top left of the screen. They are a terrible icon to represent the 'main menu'. If you click there, a left hand panel is revealed. That will have all of your calendars and those that you are subscribed to. You can then deselect the calendar, or remove it completely.

I'm using Chrome, but I expect the same functionality would exist in any desktop browser, within  reason.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #6 on: 03 April, 2018, 05:10:58 pm »
there are some lines in the top left of the screen. They are a terrible icon to represent the 'main menu'.

It's called a "hamburger menu" and, yes, it's awful design.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."