Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1610363 times)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #6325 on: 20 April, 2015, 01:08:20 pm »

Also Google!  Please to stop with the adverts for heating oil and red diesel.  I mean, WTFF ???
Maybe TEH BEAR has been looking for fuel for his chainsaw.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #6326 on: 22 April, 2015, 02:48:12 pm »
First day back at work after a week and a bit off. I have lots of stuff I need to print out. Are the printers

a) working
b) not working?

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #6327 on: 23 April, 2015, 10:04:18 am »
Dear cat, I do love you, but asking for breakfast by poking me in the face with claws and then biting my hair is not acceptable.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #6328 on: 24 April, 2015, 07:18:05 pm »
Power cut at the Commie Pool - no swimming class tonight  :(

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #6329 on: 26 April, 2015, 09:23:38 pm »
I say, you turbanned ruffian!  Put your rubbish in your own fucking bin, not mine >:(
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #6330 on: 26 April, 2015, 09:43:52 pm »
Careful! If you were in Tower Hamlets and said that there'd be an angry mob at your door for infringing the rights of said same selfish twat to put his rubbish in your bin because he's already filled his . . .

Or something.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6331 on: 28 April, 2015, 09:45:12 am »
Google Maps has been 'improved' again today.
GGGGGRRRRRRR!!!!

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #6332 on: 28 April, 2015, 09:58:09 am »
Google Maps has been 'improved' again today.
GGGGGRRRRRRR!!!!

https://www.google.com/maps?output=classic FTW (at least for now)

Just FOAD with yer fiddlin'
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6333 on: 28 April, 2015, 10:23:23 am »
Thanks!

Helpfully tells me I won't be able to default to the old maps soon.

Moar GGGGGRRRRR!

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6334 on: 05 May, 2015, 04:57:19 pm »
Put a new back wheel on for Friday's 400, transferring tyre & tube from old one.  While resetting brakes noticed that the damn thing's buckled.  So now I know what I'll be doing tomorrow morning.

Scratched my watch crystal in the process. :(
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #6335 on: 06 May, 2015, 07:43:18 pm »
Just snapped my brompton (rear triangle).

Bugger. That's two frames I've snapped at the same point. Either I'm overweight or I'm cycling too much.

Apparently BikeFix don't require booking in, and will do the same day. Let's see what they say to rear triangle + pivot bush + headset. It's not going to be cheap...
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #6336 on: 08 May, 2015, 08:26:44 pm »
A U2 took off from Fairford an hour or two back and quite by chance I spotted it as I was looking out of the window so I rushed to get MrsLurker's camera from the table, but by the time I'd realised I was pressing the shutter button not the power button the damn thing was in the bloody low cloud we've had most of the afternoon.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6337 on: 08 May, 2015, 09:18:40 pm »
It was Bono flying off to visit his money.

Oh, err,...

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #6338 on: 10 May, 2015, 01:42:40 pm »
Cats! I know you provide cuteness to our house, but really, doing a dump so fetid horrid that I get the blame for makin the house smell is just not on. It was so bad that it made me retch cleaning it out and I am the person normally called upon to clean mess as I have a resistance to such things! Oh and doing it on the day Mrs T is out for the day is just not on!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #6339 on: 10 May, 2015, 01:57:11 pm »
Having just sat on my glasses, again, after putting them somewhere obvious so I wouldn't sit on them, I now realise why I need varifocals. The ones I'm now having to use are at least four years old and not varifocal. If there's a silver lining, it's that a visit to Specsavers was on the cards...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

essexian

« Reply #6340 on: 12 May, 2015, 12:48:47 pm »
Just brought a Garmin Edge... well I am fed up of printing maps off so thought it would be nice to have a Sat Nav to tell me where I am going.

However, the machine is taking the mickey by turning itself on to pause when I am trying to climb.... NO MACHINE, I have not stopped....that's my normal climbing speed.  :facepalm:

tiermat

« Reply #6341 on: 12 May, 2015, 12:51:45 pm »
Just brought a Garmin Edge... well I am fed up of printing maps off so thought it would be nice to have a Sat Nav to tell me where I am going.

However, the machine is taking the mickey by turning itself on to pause when I am trying to climb.... NO MACHINE, I have not stopped....that's my normal climbing speed.  :facepalm:

I get that, spent the last climb I did up High Hill Lane accompanied by the constant BEEP BEEP as it went into auto pause and then back out of auto pause.

You can disable it, but the trouble is that it also disables the stop tracking whilst I am in the coffee shop feature and the stop tracking when I reach home feature...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #6342 on: 12 May, 2015, 02:15:41 pm »
Having just sat on my glasses, again, after putting them somewhere obvious so I wouldn't sit on them, I now realise why I need varifocals. The ones I'm now having to use are at least four years old and not varifocal. If there's a silver lining, it's that a visit to Specsavers was on the cards...

If you are not particularly fashion concious why not try the bendable metal frames?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6343 on: 12 May, 2015, 02:51:18 pm »
If you are not particularly fashion concious why not try the bendable metal frames?

Oi!  I have a pair of them in Ti and thus they are nearly as cool as bobb's hair.  Except that after having them expensively retrofitted with varifocal lenses my distance vision improved to the extent that I no longer need the wretched things :-\

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6344 on: 12 May, 2015, 04:37:33 pm »
Why do non-cycling family members (i.e. all of them except yrs trly) expect me to be able to say if I'll be free on a given day two weeks hence?  Don't they know it depends on the weather?
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

tiermat

« Reply #6345 on: 12 May, 2015, 04:45:03 pm »
Why do non-cycling family members (i.e. all of them except yrs trly) expect me to be able to say if I'll be free on a given day two weeks hence?  Don't they know it depends on the weather?

The same reason they say "Why don't you go out on the bike today?" when it's pissing it down, blowing a gale and/or hailstoning.

« Reply #6346 on: 12 May, 2015, 04:51:23 pm »

Oi!  I have a pair of them in Ti and thus they are nearly as cool as bobb's hair.  Except that after having them expensively retrofitted with varifocal lenses my distance vision improved to the extent that I no longer need the wretched things :-\
I think I'll have to go for something like that. This is the second pair that have met an early end. I'm more worried about my near vision. I really don't want 2A ***** Road to have post delivered intended for 2B, who is in transition, do I?

Whilst I'm here: medical secretaries: when sending out extremely sensitive letters to your patients, PLEASE ensure that the title of your letter, and the first few lines, cannot be read through the window of the envelope.

Self: stop being so nosy!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #6347 on: 12 May, 2015, 05:10:01 pm »
I'm actually having to work for a living today and it SUCKS
Does not play well with others

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #6348 on: 12 May, 2015, 06:02:16 pm »
There are some local medical secretaries who have handwriting with a silly "a" which looks like a 2 so instead of the letter going correctly to 1A XXX road which is a GP, it's coming to us at 12 XXX road... I have APPALLING handwriting but I do my best to make my letters unambiguous or better still print a bloody address sticker.

I have opened one misdelivered letter accidentally cos I have had letters to/for me addressed by name to my GP before cos they and I both get copies so it's plausible it's mine... 

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6349 on: 12 May, 2015, 06:34:37 pm »
My bike fell over while it was on the mini workstand the other day, and it turns out that the saddle landed on the trike's power level switch thinger, creating a hole.  It is of course a discontinued BG saddle, so I expect the replacement process to be painful and quite probably expensive.  I already know one current model that doesn't really work (I've got that on the Brompton, as it's fine for short rides).

Also, the chain replacement that caused it to be on the workstand in the first place has now shown up a worn middle chainring, so I need a new one of those too.