Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 147455 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #100 on: 15 January, 2012, 10:01:18 pm »
Last night bobb and I got engaged (in my dream, not real life, calm down, no hats required). He knew I wanted a demantoid garnet in my ring but he'd got an emerald, but it was still a lovely ring so I didn't mind much. My family were going to stay with his so they could meet each other and my mum decided to give my hair a trim and made a complete hash of it so I looked like a total wally. Then he decided we were going to see a seashell cave (in Chelmsford?) so he was looking out bikes for all of us.
Why on earth would you want a demented sea bird in your ring?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #101 on: 09 February, 2012, 11:23:08 am »
Fell asleep this morning while waiting for the gas man, and had an alarmingly vivid dream about my bike being nicked.  Remember, kids, cable locks are shite!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #102 on: 09 February, 2012, 11:28:28 am »
Last night's dream was partly set in a cemetery with some very unusual sculptural headstones.  One was an archway - very artisitic, but the one behind it echoed the shape with the lintel as a wine bottle and the support the flow of wine pouring out.

Very odd, and very vivid.
Getting there...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #103 on: 09 February, 2012, 01:12:42 pm »

Why on earth would you want a demented sea bird in your ring?
Don't knock it til you've tried it.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #104 on: 09 February, 2012, 01:14:48 pm »
Last night's dream was partly set in a cemetery with some very unusual sculptural headstones.  One was an archway - very artisitic, but the one behind it echoed the shape with the lintel as a wine bottle and the support the flow of wine pouring out.

Very odd, and very vivid.
I think it means that you're going to die from a surfeit of claret, rather than the auto-erotic asphyxiation for which you'd always hoped.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #105 on: 09 February, 2012, 09:32:42 pm »
Me and a couple of guys from work (all late 40's) joined a school physics class.

Another failing to prepare for an exam dream. I should be over those by now.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #106 on: 26 February, 2012, 08:22:31 pm »
I have to be reaccredited for my manual handling risk assessor stuff this week - a day's training on Friday and an exam next Monday. Last night I dreamed I was in the exam, but it was cancelled because the Countess of Strathearn had died. The press were speculating that she'd killed herself because she was infertile.  ???
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #107 on: 26 February, 2012, 10:20:50 pm »
Another failing to prepare for an exam dream. I should be over those by now.

Hey, I get those all the time! The usual scenario is me and my old university friends are all back - older but no wiser. The exams are looming and I've done nothing and it's inevitable I'm going to be a big letdown to myself and my family. Yet I can't even start revising, like I'm paralyzed.

I think it's replaced the "pulling a wheelie for miles on end, on a road bike" recurring scenario of a few years ago as most common. Haven't had any flying dreams for ages either, and they were highly enjoyable.

« Reply #108 on: 27 February, 2012, 12:11:21 pm »
I had a cold war running from missiles dream last night. No idea where that came from.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #109 on: 27 February, 2012, 12:20:05 pm »
Last week.  I was racing uphill (racing!? me!?) on an Ordinary (a type of bicycle that I have no experience of) with steel wheels (ie just rims no tyres).  I was going so fast at the top I couldn't stop and there were sparks flying everywhere. What's even weirder is that I beat everyone else to the top.

MrsLurker asked if I'd been dream cycling the following morning.  It seems that the bit of brain circuitry that's supposed to inhibit motion when one is dreaming doesn't, at least not for me if I'm dreaming about cycling....
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #110 on: 27 February, 2012, 12:23:36 pm »
Yeah, if I'm having nightmares, I usually don't have my motion inhibited properly either...

Running is one thing, but I've kicked at least one person who happened to be sharing a bed with me  :o
Luckily, I appear to move somewhat in slow-motion...

Never tried cycling though, as far as I know!

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #111 on: 27 February, 2012, 01:37:16 pm »
I had a cold war running from missiles dream last night. No idea where that came from.

I remember a terrifying one I had as a kid at the height of the nuclear paranoia cold war era (early 80s). I was running blindly through the corridors of the Kremlin, being chased by menacing-looking Russians doing that creepy regimented slow handclap thing they used to do.

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was my rather noisy bedside clock...

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #112 on: 27 February, 2012, 05:52:11 pm »
I ate my work laptop.  Most of it was delicious, especially the electronics, but the keyboard was a bit too much and the mouse was positively tasteless.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #113 on: 27 February, 2012, 10:27:05 pm »
Definitely weird. I met Rapples.

« Reply #114 on: 28 February, 2012, 10:10:34 am »
Last night I dreamed that I'd moved back to Aberdeenshire, with all the children. We'd moved into the house I'd always fancied, but now I had bikes there. So I went for a ride on my Dawes (through Tough and Tullynessle)and it was very sunny, but hard work, because I was carrying (in my arms) a netbook and a jack russel terrier. I was invited into a house for afternoon tea where I explained I'd lived there before, and a long and complex discussion followed about what had happened to all the people I had known, as well as debate about the policeman who'd been murdered (?wtf?).
Then I had to explain to my children that they all had to go back to primary school as they hadn't done a Scottish education. (The 19 year old, who left school 2 years ago, seemed quite happy with this). Then I found a pannier, which made carrying the dog a lot easier.
The whole time, I knew it was a dream because the green of the grass was the wrong shade of green.

« Reply #115 on: 28 February, 2012, 02:05:49 pm »
I experienced the apocalypse last night!

There was a huge earthquake first, but we (for a non-distinct definition of we) were okay in our little valley.  The house wasn't safe, so we packed up a load of stuff to take elsewhere.  There were zombies and they were a little scary, but I shot two of them.  I was obsessed with taking a big box of drinking glasses because my parents would be so proud that I'd rescued them...apparently my parents were dead, but that was okay, not upsetting.  I had great difficulties figuring out how to transport the big box of glasses on horseback, they wouldn't fit.  I did rescue a small child from underneath a porch where she was hiding though and her mum was very grateful and gave me a big slice of cake.

It all made perfect sense at the time!   ;D

« Reply #116 on: 28 February, 2012, 03:42:30 pm »

This, for sure.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #117 on: 03 March, 2012, 08:32:05 am »
Last night, My DH woke me up sing '40 Years On' in his sleep.  This morning he informed me that he'd had a dream in which he's at school and it's Churchill songs but he can't remember the Churchill verse. 

Does anyone know whatnhe's talking about??? I don't.  I'm assuming it's one of those school/embarrassed in front of fellow pupils thing.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #118 on: 06 March, 2012, 03:30:53 pm »
A subtle blend of fever and co-codamol had me vividly dreaming about Windows 95 last night.  It was failing to boot properly, and hanging on a blue screen with a mouse pointer with nothing to click on.  Fair enough, that's just standard PMSD-flashback material.  Except the hardware platform was a top-loading VCR, and I somehow diagnosed the boot problem as being corruption of the non-volatile RAM causing the DVB muxes to be enumerated in the wrong order.  I was about to attempt a factory reset by removing the AA backup batteries (which were 7dayshop NiMHs) for a few minutes and rebooting, when I woke up and saw, well, not sense exactly, but something similar.

This is what dementia's going to be like, isn't it?

« Reply #119 on: 06 March, 2012, 03:36:39 pm »
gave me a big slice of cake.

All dreams that feature CAIK make sense.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #120 on: 06 March, 2012, 04:21:33 pm »
I was about to attempt a factory reset by removing the AA backup batteries (which were 7dayshop NiMHs) for a few minutes and rebooting, when I woke up and saw, well, not sense exactly, but something similar.

High capacity 2700mAh or low self-discharge Good To GoTM?

This is what dementia's going to be like, isn't it?

'Fraid so.  Probably with more wee, I should imagine.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #121 on: 06 March, 2012, 04:30:45 pm »
If dementia is going to be like co-codamol dreams then I’m going to have to get someone to shoot me. I don’t take the stuff any more as it takes me ages to get over the extremely messed-up dreams it gives me. Sometimes I don’t even really remember the dreams themselves but just wake up feeling really, really disturbed and it takes a long time to shake off.

My mum once gave me Night Nurse when I was small and had a bad cold, and I woke up the house running round screeching that a giant carrot was chasing me, but that’s tame by recent standards.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #122 on: 06 March, 2012, 04:33:28 pm »
High capacity 2700mAh or low self-discharge Good To GoTM?

Funny you should ask that.  It was the high capacity ones - complete with binary coded stripes in permanent marker that I use to keep track of pairs of cells - which was even more annoyingly wrong!

(I suspect the AA-backed-up-RAM thing was a reference to the wonderfully budget-engineered Amstrad PC1640, which instilled a healthy distrust of all things IBM-compatible (I use the term loosely) at a formative age.)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #123 on: 07 March, 2012, 12:01:59 am »
If dementia is going to be like co-codamol dreams then I’m going to have to get someone to shoot me. I don’t take the stuff any more as it takes me ages to get over the extremely messed-up dreams it gives me. Sometimes I don’t even really remember the dreams themselves but just wake up feeling really, really disturbed and it takes a long time to shake off.

My mum once gave me Night Nurse when I was small and had a bad cold, and I woke up the house running round screeching that a giant carrot was chasing me, but that’s tame by recent standards.

When you dream about root vegetables you know you are from YACF - Yet Another Carrot Fantasy.

Hang on a tick: you were dreaming about root vegetables when you were a child? Suddenly I believe in predestination.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #124 on: 16 March, 2012, 02:12:29 pm »
This horrible one woke me up early this morning:

I saw a horse-drawn train go by.  It was on rails, a normal railway, but not all the horses were at the front; some were in the middle.  The train derailed, causing the horses to panic.  The horsemen punished the horses by viciously beating them - so hard that horses fell over.  I ran down to the track and went to shout at them.  Nothing came out.  My voice was so choked with anger that I couldn't utter a sound.

Today I learnt that five race horses were killed at the Cheltenham festival (or whatever they call it).  I hadn't heard or read anything about it before.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●