Author Topic: ACME goes Dutch  (Read 83572 times)

Re: ACME goes Dutch
« Reply #600 on: 30 January, 2024, 10:56:56 am »
The former WWII concentration camp at Den Bosch is well worth a visit.

https://www.nmkampvught.nl/english

Followed by a restorative trip to le Duc.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

« Reply #601 on: 30 January, 2024, 07:24:02 pm »
Ferry booked! :thumbsup:

Deano4

• Trouble
« Reply #602 on: 02 February, 2024, 10:48:58 am »
The ferry discount details are as follows:

• 15% off Economy, Flexi and Premium car, motorhome and foot passenger fares on the Harwich-Hook of Holland route
  • Valid for travel between 8 January 2024 and 30 November 2024 only
  • Cabins, meals, Stena Plus Lounge, arrangements, pet travel are excluded from this discount
  • The discount applies to the base Economy, Flex & Premium ferry fares only. No discount on fees & dues
  • Offer code: NEWYEAR24
  • Book by date: 5 February 2024

https://www.stenaline.co.uk/special-offers/holland-early-booking-offer-2024

Just a reminder for those heading to the Netherlands in September to book your ferry before the 5th February, if you haven't already done so.

From a route planning perspective, I'm investigating 2 options as follows:

Hook -> Utrecht -> Apeldoorn -> 's-Hertogenbosch -> Hook

or

Hook -> Utrecht -> Apeldoorn -> Utrecht -> Hook

Either way it'll be circa 100km each day, and there's enough of a buffer between the point to point distances to allow for some meandering to take in interesting sights and stops. I've got the route for day 1 planned already ... it's less than 100km, so I'll not need to perform any cat herding to keep everybody on track. There'll be plenty of time!

As the towns are quite big, I'm aiming to identify a suitable place to meet for an evening meal. This will help people to get accommodation in a convenient place. If anybody has any interesting recommendations for the restaurant in any of these locations, do let me know. I'll be planning that aspect of the trip in the second half of February.

Route Option 1 looks good to me  :).
ACME - Suffolk Branch