Author Topic: Arrivée est arrivé!  (Read 471308 times)

Re: Arrivée est arrivé!
« Reply #800 on: 08 August, 2011, 01:09:23 pm »
Non arrive :(   are they all sent together

When you're too tired to continue you fall off                            

200(7) 300(4) 400(4) 600(3) 1200(1) 1400(1)

Scoosh

• Happy velocouchiste
« Reply #801 on: 08 August, 2011, 09:06:11 pm »
Been Audaxing for 6 years or so and nary a microdot** in Arrivee but I hit the jackpot this issue with the front page and seen with George. Doesn't he make me look good, handsome and so young. Bring your copies to my next event and I will autograph the first hundred free of charge.
** except for last year's Snow Roads pics ...  :thumbsup:
'It takes a wonderful brain and exquisite senses to produce a few stupid ideas'
~ George Santayana

Bones

• Oh dear!
« Reply #802 on: 08 August, 2011, 09:53:12 pm »
Non arrive :(   are they all sent together
Mine hasn't come yet and from reading this thread previously they seem to arrive over a two week period. Somehow it wouldn't seem quite right for copies of a magazine about audax rides to reach their destination all at the same time!
There are no steep hills - just puny legs and the wrong gears :D

The Mechanic

« Reply #803 on: 09 August, 2011, 07:57:49 am »
Mine still hasn't arrived.  It is unusual as I normally get mine at the same time as this thread appears on here.  Grrrrr!

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #804 on: 09 August, 2011, 07:59:49 am »
I've no idea if mine has arrived as I am not yet at the Arrivée.
It is simpler than it looks.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #805 on: 09 August, 2011, 10:29:50 am »
... they seem to arrive over a two week period. Somehow it wouldn't seem quite right for copies of a magazine about audax rides to reach their destination all at the same time!
There's always one awkward one determined to arrive at the last possible second.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

LEE

« Reply #806 on: 09 August, 2011, 11:15:58 am »
Having watched Damon Peacock's wonderful videos of audax events, am I the only person who reads his Arrivee articles with a laid back, comforting Northern accent in my head?

It wasn't until I met Damon at an AGM that I realised it was his partner interviewing riders on the videos I had watched.

I had always assumed he had rather a high-pitched voice for a big northern bloke.

« Reply #807 on: 09 August, 2011, 02:07:15 pm »
I dont know if its because I am getting old, but I only seem able to look at the pictures these days.
O'LEL what have I done!

The Mechanic

« Reply #808 on: 10 August, 2011, 08:35:06 am »
Anyone know who to phone to find out what has happened to one's copy. 

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #809 on: 10 August, 2011, 08:52:16 am »
PM MemSec of this parish (though unfortunately PM-ing doesn't work as well as it did, since the forum upgrade)

He'll be out today (midweek hilly 100)
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

The Mechanic

« Reply #810 on: 10 August, 2011, 02:06:19 pm »
Thanks FF.  I have pm'd him. 

The Mechanic

« Reply #811 on: 12 August, 2011, 10:23:31 am »
Still no Arrivee.  No response from MemSec either.  Grrr!  Starting to get angry.  You wont like me when I am angry.  I have sent a message throught the "contact us" on the AUK website.  Lets hope that gets some kind of response.

Bones

• Oh dear!
« Reply #812 on: 12 August, 2011, 11:18:03 am »
Mine came yesterday morning, so there may still be a few out there yet in the system.
There are no steep hills - just puny legs and the wrong gears :D

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #813 on: 12 August, 2011, 11:26:41 am »
I wish mine would hurry up and arrivee itself.  If it doesn't come by tomorrow, I shan't see it until after PBP  :-[

« Reply #814 on: 12 August, 2011, 11:31:52 am »
Still no Arrivee.  No response from MemSec either.  Grrr!  Starting to get angry.  You wont like me when I am angry.

Please don't get angry with unpaid volunteers.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

mikewigley

« Reply #815 on: 12 August, 2011, 12:44:32 pm »
No response from MemSec either.

No he's hopeless!  It's not unknown for him to be away from his computer for weeks at a time, particularly when the weather's OK for cycling.  The tight so-and-so won't even splash out on one of those bilberry things so he can check his emails on a 24/7 basis.   The cheek of it is that next thing he'll be asking for someone to propose and second him to remain as MemSec, can you believe it.  I'm sure Secretary Richard Phipps is not holding his breath.

But he's back now, wading through a pile of returned magazines (or "Pas D'Arrivees" as I believe they could be referred) so there's a chance he'll be in touch.

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #816 on: 12 August, 2011, 12:54:01 pm »
Well I've had mine for over a week & have only skimmed through the pages  :smug:

I did notice a thankyou from Daniel for helping with the AUK questionnaire though  :thumbsup:
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

mikewigley

« Reply #817 on: 12 August, 2011, 12:56:40 pm »
Mine hasn't arrived either, yet still the world turns ...

If I knew who you were I could check if we sent you one - PM me. 

Anyone else still waiting for Arrivee?

As for the point about it seeming to take a couple of weeks for everyone to get their copy, I can't think why that should be.  They all go direct from the printer, presumably in one big batch, so it's all down to Royal Mail.  (Not quite true, I have posted out to the overseas addresses from my local post office but those went out last week).

Some of your addresses might need to be checked, but that's your job - log on to http://www.aukweb.net/ and click on Members and My Details

« Reply #818 on: 12 August, 2011, 02:05:10 pm »

Anyone else still waiting for Arrivee?

Still waiting here in BlackSheep land
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

« Reply #819 on: 12 August, 2011, 02:14:28 pm »
Part II of Arvidsson's spoof is not as funny as part I.

The Mechanic

« Reply #820 on: 12 August, 2011, 02:27:16 pm »
No response from MemSec either.

No he's hopeless!  It's not unknown for him to be away from his computer for weeks at a time, particularly when the weather's OK for cycling.  The tight so-and-so won't even splash out on one of those bilberry things so he can check his emails on a 24/7 basis.   The cheek of it is that next thing he'll be asking for someone to propose and second him to remain as MemSec, can you believe it.  I'm sure Secretary Richard Phipps is not holding his breath.

But he's back now, wading through a pile of returned magazines (or "Pas D'Arrivees" as I believe they could be referred) so there's a chance he'll be in touch.

Stop slagging of that MemSec bloke.  He responded to me today and is on the case.  I would vote for him any day.  Top bloke, fine upstanding gentleman and a scholar to boot :thumbsup:

« Reply #821 on: 13 August, 2011, 11:32:26 pm »
Still Non  >:(
When you're too tired to continue you fall off                            

200(7) 300(4) 400(4) 600(3) 1200(1) 1400(1)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #822 on: 14 August, 2011, 09:27:32 am »
I haven't got Arrivée yet. Why didn't they send mine to my holiday address? Outrageous.
It is simpler than it looks.

ulfson70

« Reply #823 on: 24 August, 2011, 01:30:38 pm »
Maybe by deeming a piece of writing as a spoof academic essay we can remain safely out of touch with what it actually, however clumsily, attempts to address; Pain? Being? Topography? Landscape? Endurance? Flow? Any thoughts?

Datameister

• EU Cake Mountain
« Reply #824 on: 25 August, 2011, 11:56:11 am »
Mine arrived earlier this week in a "Royal Mail Apology Bag"

Thankfully 'relatively' undamaged.