Author Topic: Arrivée est arrivé!  (Read 473486 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: Arrivée est arrivé!
« Reply #925 on: 02 February, 2012, 07:07:37 pm »
Thanks eck :thumbsup:
You are correct;that didn't make it to publication BUT one of Dave Martin's pics taken on the same ride,early on when I was,amazingly,with the front group before we got to Forfar. is the other pic of me published in the mag..

« Reply #926 on: 02 February, 2012, 09:08:38 pm »
i got my first mention :) - on becoming a new randonneur :)
@CorbieLinnRider

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #927 on: 02 February, 2012, 09:38:51 pm »
A cracking read, as always, great production values and interesting articles, I particularly liked the novice RRTY account. And my name is in the handbook three times, and I'm dead chuffed with that. I know you're all faster than me, but my name is in the handbook three times.  :smug: :smug:
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #928 on: 02 February, 2012, 10:00:04 pm »
arrivee used to reach my letter box two days after rustle on this thread, so i was quite surprised to find one today! some good stories and photos as usual.

« Reply #929 on: 02 February, 2012, 10:42:15 pm »
+1 :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #930 on: 03 February, 2012, 12:22:46 am »

+2.  It's uphill all the way from here.

« Reply #931 on: 03 February, 2012, 08:12:41 pm »
Some chump called Chris Pugh has got a 4 page article in their on the Cent Col Challenge. Anyone got any idea who he is? :-*

« Reply #932 on: 03 February, 2012, 09:44:02 pm »

+3 and I'm also on the new super randonneur list   :D

AndyH

« Reply #933 on: 03 February, 2012, 10:03:40 pm »
I see you & Simon also got a mention in the Hall of Fame in the handbook  :thumbsup:

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Arrivée est arrivé!
« Reply #934 on: 03 February, 2012, 10:19:35 pm »
Welcome to all the new Super Randonneurs - all 120 of them.

As one of those 120, thank you! I only wish I had a P after my name. Oh well, maybe next time…

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Charlie Boy

• Dreams in kilometers
« Reply #935 on: 03 February, 2012, 10:39:58 pm »

+3 and I'm also on the new super randonneur list   :D

+1
Mojo is being awakened.

« Reply #936 on: 03 February, 2012, 11:00:16 pm »
I see you & Simon also got a mention in the Hall of Fame in the handbook  :thumbsup:

:o I had no idea but I just looked and so we are!!
This explains why Pam asked us if we could attend the AGM but we couldn't go as I was working and Simon was with his folks.

« Reply #937 on: 04 February, 2012, 10:07:38 am »
It's an excellent issue, as they all have been, as far as I can see.  It was great to read  articles by the travelling Deano and Jaded.  But they are all interesting and there are some superb photographs.  Jaded, you need to use more sun-block!

Well done to Sheila.

« Reply #938 on: 04 February, 2012, 10:35:04 am »
Adam managed to get his picture in Arrivee, an entry in the new randonneurs page and in the hall of fame  :thumbsup:

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #939 on: 04 February, 2012, 10:58:24 am »
That's at the top of the Gospel Pass - having climbed it in 45mph winds! I usually go red in the face in similar circumstances!!
It is simpler than it looks.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #940 on: 04 February, 2012, 12:01:12 pm »
So this is the Dean Clem issue, non?  It's like being haunted: Deano is no longer here, yet his spirit is with us in the pages of Arrivee . 

Bairn Again

« Reply #941 on: 04 February, 2012, 01:29:41 pm »
So this is the Dean Clem issue, non?  It's like being haunted: Deano is no longer here, yet his spirit is with us in the pages of Arrivee .

Just read mine.  Great articles from Deano on Mull It Over (yup I'm biased) and wothills recumbent PBP account, he makes a super fast time sound normal. 

G.   

« Reply #942 on: 04 February, 2012, 01:35:50 pm »
There's a picture in there (one of Ivo's, I think) that appears to show a tricyclist, kneeling and using the only hand he's got to "pedal".  Puts my occasional aches and pains into perspective somewhat. :o

« Reply #943 on: 04 February, 2012, 01:49:42 pm »
He was on PBP, and had two arms/hands. I heard that he was out of time at about 400km, so got some rest and turned round and rode home - an epic achievement in itself. I passed him on the way back cranking his way up a big hill on the way to Tinteniac (IIRC) in the middle of the night.

« Reply #944 on: 04 February, 2012, 01:56:45 pm »
Thanks, Matt.  By the way, saw the nice picture of Adam at the AGM.  Buy him some new trousers, he's growing fast!

AndyH

« Reply #945 on: 04 February, 2012, 02:40:29 pm »
He was on PBP, and had two arms/hands. I heard that he was out of time at about 400km, so got some rest and turned round and rode home - an epic achievement in itself. I passed him on the way back cranking his way up a big hill on the way to Tinteniac (IIRC) in the middle of the night.
Yes, quite amazing, took me a few minutes to realise it was real, not a hallucination.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #946 on: 04 February, 2012, 02:53:46 pm »

Just read mine.  Great articles from Deano on Mull It Over (yup I'm biased) and wothills recumbent PBP account, he makes a super fast time sound normal. 

G.   

I note your name was spelt incorrectly...

Bairn Again

« Reply #947 on: 04 February, 2012, 08:22:27 pm »

G.   

I note your name was spelt incorrectly...

For as long as I can remember Ive gone through life getting all 3 of my names spelt incorrectly. 

The only bit that occasionally gets me annoyed is being referred to as "Graham" especially by e-mail when the sender has alreday received a major clue in my e-mail address.  Still, its helped in prioritising entries for events, especially mille alba.   ;) :demon:

« Reply #948 on: 04 February, 2012, 10:48:44 pm »
it took about four years to tie my name down correctly.

border-rider

« Reply #949 on: 04 February, 2012, 10:58:57 pm »
I get a most entertaining version of our address on the label.  The system obviously can't cope with ŷ. The address label says Tŷ'R :)

Still, it keeps the Post Office on their toes...maybe they can read Unicode