Author Topic: Arrivée est arrivé!  (Read 473714 times)

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
Re: Arrivée est arrivé!
« Reply #1250 on: 13 February, 2013, 08:12:22 pm »
Nice to see RRTY which is part of the bread and butter of AUK included  :thumbsup:

shame mine have been stripped  :( was it for testing positive for lager at the finish?

Yes, it fails to recognise the >5 folk but justifiably introduces those who have taken the all year challenge to heart.
SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100.

« Reply #1251 on: 13 February, 2013, 08:26:05 pm »
Got mine, and of course the Handbook.  But I'm quite disappointed.  The Handbook does not list the lower level Randonneur Awards; so my Randonneur 500 is not there  :(

My Brevet 500 is listed, why not starter Randonneur?

DB
Tandem Riders Do It Together
188 miles NNE of Marsh Gibbon

Martin

« Reply #1252 on: 13 February, 2013, 08:26:41 pm »
Nice to see RRTY which is part of the bread and butter of AUK included  :thumbsup:

shame mine have been stripped  :( was it for testing positive for lager at the finish?

Yes, it fails to recognise the >5 folk

you are right;

antithetically the handbook only shows us hardened addicts

I'm on the cover!
« Reply #1253 on: 13 February, 2013, 09:14:12 pm »
Arrivée arrived today... I'm on the cover!

Get your magnifying glass out and I'm the one at the back of the pack of three in the distance.

Yay!

mikewigley

« Reply #1254 on: 13 February, 2013, 09:24:11 pm »

Have a look at Arrivee page 54, not that there's anyone called notlobgp14 listed

mikewigley

« Reply #1255 on: 13 February, 2013, 09:34:03 pm »
Nice to see RRTY ... shame mine have been stripped

You are listed as RRTYx6 on page 27 of the Handbook - there's obviously been a bit of shifting of stuff between the two publications which I guess is for purposes of available space.

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #1256 on: 14 February, 2013, 09:33:35 am »
Another good product - and although i'm sure we all thought the stuff about the strategic plan etc was all very boring, i thought it was all important and read it all, then went away and had a think about it. So I don't mind in the slightest that my account of riding Hull to London was held over to the next one.
And I'd like to say, for what it's worth, that the strategic plan seems quite well thought out, and the stats were illuminating. Many thanks to all for another excellent Arrivee.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #1257 on: 14 February, 2013, 09:40:25 am »
Very good reading!   :thumbsup:

Hillbilly

« Reply #1258 on: 14 February, 2013, 09:45:59 am »
Has tickled my desire to ride in the Lake District.  Looks very purty, albeit hard riding.  Don't know whether or not I should be grateful or not  :facepalm:

« Reply #1259 on: 14 February, 2013, 09:47:56 am »
My name appears once.

Bairn Again

« Reply #1260 on: 14 February, 2013, 11:23:37 am »
I just flicked through the handbook and learned that I won the 2012 Organisers Award.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #1261 on: 14 February, 2013, 11:26:06 am »
I just flicked through the handbook and learned that I won the 2012 Organisers Award.

That's very remiss of the AUK award givers for you to find out like that!  Congratulations though - you did organise a splendid few days of cycling on the Mille Alba.  Could try harder with the weather though - that was a bit rubbish.   ;)
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #1262 on: 14 February, 2013, 11:48:32 am »

Well Done
:thumbsup:
@CorbieLinnRider

Bairn Again

« Reply #1263 on: 14 February, 2013, 11:54:11 am »

That's very remiss of the AUK award givers for you to find out like that!  Congratulations though - you did organise a splendid few days of cycling on the Mille Alba.  Could try harder with the weather though - that was a bit rubbish.   ;)

I was surprised to say the least.  I'd understood from the AGM thread that Mark Rigby had won it! 

London Edinburgh London

Arrivée est arrivé!
« Reply #1264 on: 14 February, 2013, 12:47:19 pm »
Did you not receive an invite to attend the reunion dinner?

« Reply #1265 on: 14 February, 2013, 12:58:37 pm »
Kidds Stuff

« Reply #1257 on: Yesterday at 08:06:51 PM »Nice to see RRTY which is part of the bread and butter of AUK included 

shame mine have been stripped   was it for testing positive for lager at the finish? Logged
Because of a Harvey's too many Martin!

Roll on Saturday, expect to see you if I can keep up on the hills with you!

Bairn Again

« Reply #1266 on: 14 February, 2013, 01:16:44 pm »
Not that I can recall, though in fairness theres no chance I could have gone anyway. 

A trophy would be nice mind you.  I could bungee it to my saddle bag for the Forth & Tay 200 in a few weeks time in a flagrant act of one upmanship over the "sewn on" ISR/YRR/SR badges.     ;D  8)     

Martin

« Reply #1267 on: 14 February, 2013, 01:27:16 pm »

shame mine have been stripped   was it for testing positive for lager at the finish? Logged
Because of a Harvey's too many Martin!

Roll on Saturday, expect to see you if I can keep up on the hills with you!

I'll have you know I had an info control question devised in my honour (and yes the answer was Harveys  ;))

you won't have any problem passing me on Saturday, I have a dodgy ankle  :'(

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1268 on: 14 February, 2013, 01:48:59 pm »
My Arrivée arrived today, Valentine's Day.
Dave Lewis's article concludes with 'of course intertwined with all this, there is an absolutely unquantifiable amount of romance.'

:'(

« Reply #1269 on: 14 February, 2013, 01:50:00 pm »
Not that I can recall, though in fairness theres no chance I could have gone anyway. 

A trophy would be nice mind you.  I could bungee it to my saddle bag for the Forth & Tay 200 in a few weeks time in a flagrant act of one upmanship over the "sewn on" ISR/YRR/SR badges.     ;D  8)     

Maybe the AGM could model itself on Eurovision, with a Skype link to the Audax Ecosse jury.

« Reply #1270 on: 14 February, 2013, 01:59:21 pm »

If you need any help with reverse blind heming, let me know ;)
@CorbieLinnRider

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #1271 on: 14 February, 2013, 09:37:12 pm »

I was surprised to say the least.  I'd understood from the AGM thread that Mark Rigby had won it! 

Mark picked up an Award/Trophy - on behalf of Black Sheep CC - 2012 Organising Club, though, unless Mark can confirm the membership has increased, is probably the same team that won the 2009 Organiser Award. Confusing?
SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100.

London Edinburgh London

« Reply #1272 on: 14 February, 2013, 09:48:39 pm »
And I'd like to say, for what it's worth, that the strategic plan seems quite well thought out, and the stats were illuminating. Many thanks to all for another excellent Arrivee.

I think any strategy that thinks that spending £5k on a new website and £4k on going to a trade fair is a good split of the publicity budget is a poor strategy.

And anyway, why have we got two strategic documents? It's not even as if they agree with each other. One seeks to focus on a smaller number of events, the other wants more events. One has an events strategy, then suggests we 'consider implementation of the Events Secretary Strategy for events.'

I went to the board meeting in November that discussed these two strategies, and the board voted to merge them. That agreement is missing from the minutes, which decline to even cover a discussion that took up a good quarter of the meeting. Yet we still have two, often contradictory strategies still knocking around.

I hate to say it, but this is shambolic.

« Reply #1273 on: 15 February, 2013, 05:55:41 am »

Nevertheless, thanks for caring, and for doing so much work.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #1274 on: 15 February, 2013, 09:03:48 am »

There's an 'Organising Club' award which is based on points accumulated, which was won by Mark's club Black Sheep.  The 'Organiser' award is a 'merit' award which means one or more members will have nominated you for your exceptional qualities as an organiser.

Have a look at Arrivee page 54, not that there's anyone called notlobgp14 listed

Yes space was a problem this time around, so some stuff got shuffled into Arrivee.  The lists especially for the 'minor' awards, get longer every year.  There'll be a bit of a rethink before the next Handbook, about the best place to put everything and which bits might find a better home online.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll