Author Topic: Arrivée est arrivé!  (Read 473577 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: Arrivée est arrivé!
« Reply #350 on: 08 November, 2010, 03:44:52 pm »
non arrive ici

Hang on!  Contrary to popular misconceptions, the Royal Mail sometimes isn't that good.  Give it a week then PM me if it still n'est pas arrive

It's cool:I'll go ride my bike while I'm waiting :)

mikewigley

« Reply #351 on: 08 November, 2010, 03:52:27 pm »
My excitement was moderately diminished, however, by the caption 'Jamie Andrews' underneath.

I'm trying to work out if there is a third cyclist right behind you.  Perhaps that's Jamie.

Chris N

« Reply #352 on: 08 November, 2010, 03:52:51 pm »
Frustrated of Dorset

I'm surprised that they mistook you for Jamie; surely all of AUK know you're actually Mrs. Hopper.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #353 on: 08 November, 2010, 03:53:49 pm »
Dear Arrivee

After 5 seasons, the last 4 including SRs, PBP (alright, I didn't finish, but I was there), LEL, a couple of Easter arrows blah blah blah it was with utter delight that I found for the first time ever my picture published in your magazine, on the inside back page Mille Cymru photos.

My excitement was moderately diminished, however, by the caption 'Jamie Andrews' underneath.

I accept mistakes happen and, although it is likely to be another 5 years before I get a second picture, I could accept this if it wasn't for the three correctly captioned pictures of Jamie on page 27. I mean, come on.

I shall be considering carefully whether or not to submit my writeup of a 1300km, 19AAA GPS DIY in Scotland just in case it's attributed to Jamie and my points transferred across to him.

Frustrated of Dorset

I am also disturbed by this lapse in standards

« Reply #354 on: 08 November, 2010, 04:34:03 pm »

I'm trying to work out if there is a third cyclist right behind you.  Perhaps that's Jamie.

I've just realised that mine will not arrivvee at all. I forgot to change the address when we handed back the keys for our old flat.

« Reply #355 on: 08 November, 2010, 05:20:25 pm »
Dear Arrivee

After 5 seasons, the last 4 including SRs, PBP (alright, I didn't finish, but I was there), LEL, a couple of Easter arrows blah blah blah it was with utter delight that I found for the first time ever my picture published in your magazine, on the inside back page Mille Cymru photos.

I accept mistakes happen and, although it is likely to be another 5 years before I get a second picture, I could accept this if it wasn't for the three correctly captioned pictures of Jamie on page 27. I mean, come on.

I shall be considering carefully whether or not to submit my writeup of a 1300km, 19AAA GPS DIY in Scotland just in case it's attributed to Jamie and my points transferred across to him.

Frustrated of Dorset

............so thats what you have to do to get your picture included

non arrive ici

+1

mikewigley

« Reply #356 on: 08 November, 2010, 05:36:49 pm »
I've just realised that mine will not arrivvee at all. I forgot to change the address when we handed back the keys for our old flat.

Well, it will arrivee, and you know just where too

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #357 on: 08 November, 2010, 05:37:33 pm »
three correctly captioned pictures of Jamie on page 27.

One of which is a potato.  ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

TOBY

• hello
« Reply #358 on: 08 November, 2010, 06:27:34 pm »
I wouldn't worry about it Paul, Johnny Five's not captioned on the same page and he used to be in the movies.

Grandad

• Once upon a time
« Reply #359 on: 08 November, 2010, 06:39:13 pm »
on a sunny day

Consolation for our gale force rain is being able to read it with a clear conscience

« Reply #360 on: 08 November, 2010, 06:46:17 pm »
Not here either  :( I'm disgusted.  >:(

This is supposed to be a long distance cycling club. I expect to see Mike, Danial, Ian or one of the other worthies riding down my road, their Carradice laden with freshly printed copies to be delivered by hand. I would, of course, offer cake and stamp their brevet de distribution. Our house is an easy day ride (only about 300km) from Mike's place.

« Reply #361 on: 08 November, 2010, 06:50:19 pm »
I wouldn't worry about it Paul, Johnny Five's not captioned on the same page and he used to be in the movies.

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. I was happy with anonymity. ;D

Martin

« Reply #362 on: 08 November, 2010, 09:42:06 pm »
How many Martin Malins?

0 (serves me right for going on hols in August)

not even my event in the calendar..

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #363 on: 08 November, 2010, 09:44:20 pm »
non arrive ici

+1. Prolly have to wait another 2 weeks for the postie to finish with it like we did last time  ::-)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #364 on: 08 November, 2010, 11:21:28 pm »
Our Arrivee has still not arrived :(
nor has mine

« Reply #365 on: 08 November, 2010, 11:37:46 pm »
The polythene bag is much thicker than normal. Interesting...

« Reply #366 on: 08 November, 2010, 11:43:45 pm »
Mine has arrived  :)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #367 on: 08 November, 2010, 11:50:13 pm »

And stickier too!
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #368 on: 09 November, 2010, 12:03:33 am »

And stickier too!

Worrying, that.

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #369 on: 09 November, 2010, 01:25:20 am »

Verily, it is the Trojan of the magazine packaging world and goes beyond mere electronic testing.

I particularly enjoyed the complimentary double-sided C30 cassette of selected ride reports (1990 to 2008) narrated by Miriam Margoyles.

Bravo!

H

« Reply #370 on: 09 November, 2010, 07:35:48 am »
Yay two photos of me in there. One has my name spelt wrong and one doesn't but these things happen.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #371 on: 09 November, 2010, 09:16:57 am »

Well, it will arrivee, and you know just where too

Yes, but it's not like it's going to be arriveeing anywhere useful.

Can I play my Oliver Twist card now?

nor

« Reply #372 on: 09 November, 2010, 03:44:58 pm »
Just arrived!

Fought my way through the security wrapper and checked the index to see what to read first. I'd just finished my lunch so thought "Noro virus beats McNasty" on page 49 should be safe enough.

Shock horror, despite the heavy duty polythene security system my copy would seem to have been censored! Pages 9 to 16 and 47 to 56 were missing. To compensate Pages 25 to 40 were in twice. Strangely these include three photo pages. Is this a conspiracy by those who like to see their photo in the mag  :smug: or was the McNasty article too much for the printers?  :sick:

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #373 on: 09 November, 2010, 03:52:12 pm »
No mention of the new DIY organiser either  ;D

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #374 on: 09 November, 2010, 03:56:05 pm »
Still not got mine  :(