Author Topic: Arrivée est arrivé!  (Read 474208 times)

Martin

Re: Arrivée est arrivé!
« Reply #525 on: 03 February, 2011, 10:23:20 am »
please note in the perms section at the back of this edition it says that all DIY's through the 4 organisers are non AAA; this is only true for paper ones; GPS ones can claim AAA provided they are verified by the AAA man.

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #526 on: 03 February, 2011, 10:38:35 am »
The Brevet awards can span multiple seasons and must be claimed. Not all of them are that easy to automate.
This.  They only list the single season version in the handbook anyway - I have a lovely purple brevet 4000 badge waiting for younger guy to grow out of the purple* fleece I want to sew it on.
Recorder is Nevill Holgate (check inside cover of handbook).  email worked fine for me and then I just sent the cheque for agreed £££.
*actually his favourite colour is pink.  Taller guy's favourite colour is purple.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #527 on: 03 February, 2011, 10:38:50 am »
My name made in the 'new randonneurs' list after my first 200k last season :D  Made me feel special.
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #528 on: 03 February, 2011, 11:09:38 am »
Made me feel special
Isn't it odd how it does, indeed, make one feel a small warm glow to see your name in print, recognised by your peer group, as it were. And I've had my name in print thousands of times. But Arrivee, somehow, is special. Congratulations to all who put it together. It's a cracking product.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

Alouicious

« Reply #529 on: 03 February, 2011, 12:37:17 pm »
I've been a "New randonneur" twice.

Once with my original, first membership number, and then again with a new number in 2004.

« Reply #530 on: 03 February, 2011, 12:43:29 pm »
My name made in the 'new randonneurs' list after my first 200k last season :D  Made me feel special.
If you never turn a pedal again you're still a randonneur for the rest of your life.  Neither genocide nor gross moral turpitude are enough for you to be de-randonneured.

« Reply #531 on: 03 February, 2011, 03:24:13 pm »
I'm on the front cover :) :)

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #532 on: 03 February, 2011, 03:31:21 pm »

Now that is a claim to fame - you'll have to frame it! ... a claim to frame?
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #533 on: 03 February, 2011, 03:33:10 pm »

:thumbsup:

I recognised you when received it

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #534 on: 03 February, 2011, 03:51:02 pm »
I'm listed just above the presentation photo for completing the longest ride of 2009/10  :)
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

« Reply #535 on: 03 February, 2011, 06:16:42 pm »

Ah, yeah. Mine's like that too. Last page is a calendar page. Doesn't bother me, but doesn't make the printers look too hot.

I suspect that was a  AUK decision ( probably late in the day) that to get all calendar events in the back page picture had to go - but the reference to back page photo got left in. My bet is not a printer error

OK thanks chaps, I didn't want to be left out.

Made interesting reading the Sec notes on Accidental information-
5/6/10, 600km 1 rider off- likely chav attack! 

Also the amount of off's due to bunch pille up's- all those wheel suckers  :o
Mad Jacks JSM/  Hills and Mills to be continued in 2021

« Reply #536 on: 03 February, 2011, 06:19:43 pm »
"Hit a stone followed by blowout"

What sort of careless twat would do that?

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #537 on: 03 February, 2011, 07:24:40 pm »

What about-Lost control and crashed into a tree!

That's gonna leave a bruise in the morning!! :'(

If you read about Gerald Woodley on page 11 of Arrivée, you will see how unfunny that is.
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15

« Reply #538 on: 03 February, 2011, 11:20:45 pm »

If you read about Gerald Woodley on page 11 of Arrivée, you will see how unfunny that is.

I'm not laughing. Glad GW is OK. The stat for 2010 shows nothing reported in the respect of any collision with trees.

Not a fan of Badgers btw, got knocked for 6 a few years back and was unconscious for 10 minutes in the road, thanks to those that were in the small group, they had me whisked away to hospital, bruised and battered.
Mad Jacks JSM/  Hills and Mills to be continued in 2021

« Reply #539 on: 04 February, 2011, 12:46:12 am »
Gerald Woodley isn't OK. He broke his back in the accident and is paralysed :(

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #540 on: 04 February, 2011, 12:58:45 am »
I think sometimes things can be read without knowing the consequences of what has happened.  So let's all hope that Gerald Woodley makes a full recovery & in future think twice about having a laugh at others misfortunes.  

I'm pretty sure Andy S- inc Mad Jack didn't mean anything by his post as no cyclist would if they knew what had happened & my post was made in the heat of the moment.

Edit: Can we leave it at that please.

Thanks!
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15

Billy Weir

« Reply #541 on: 04 February, 2011, 08:25:08 am »
I may need to put

"Warning: you may encounter chavs on route.  These viscious beasties are tempermental and can lash out without warning.  If you approach a chav, do not stop to take pictures or feed it energy bars.  If you want to observe a chav, I suggest visiting the Chav Zoo, also known as your local nick"

on all my rider notes.

Martin

« Reply #542 on: 04 February, 2011, 09:16:07 am »
does that make Redhill the Chav Safari park?

(ducks)

Billy Weir

« Reply #543 on: 04 February, 2011, 09:24:48 am »
Redhill and Reigate.  It's like Morlocks and Eloi.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #544 on: 04 February, 2011, 09:28:24 am »
Recorder is Nevill Holgate (check inside cover of handbook).  email worked fine for me and then I just sent the cheque for agreed £££.

Just for info - Nev is on a 'long break' at the moment, and probably won't be dealing with any enquiries before April.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

« Reply #545 on: 04 February, 2011, 10:03:18 am »
ROFL at John Spooner's deadpan description of transit of Place de l'Etoile, at Rush Hour, with a Flemish routesheet.

DanialW

« Reply #546 on: 04 February, 2011, 10:14:21 am »
I'm still gobsmacked at Denise Noha's LEL ride report. What a superstar.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #547 on: 04 February, 2011, 11:00:52 am »
ROFL at John Spooner's deadpan description of transit of Place de l'Etoile, at Rush Hour, with a Flemish routesheet.

Why not try it for yourself. Starts on Woensdag 6 juli. Details here.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

Nonsteeler

• If nothing goes wrong, I go wrong.
    • Elsewhere
« Reply #548 on: 04 February, 2011, 12:52:14 pm »
Made me feel special
Isn't it odd how it does, indeed, make one feel a small warm glow to see your name in print, recognised by your peer group, as it were.

I probably should keep quite otherwise my plans for next year's cheap ego boost are blown BUT has anyone noticed that it requires a meagre two points to be listed in the 'Fixed Wheel Challenge' section? I need urgently a FWC brevet card because last year I did 6 points undocumented on a fixed gear and hence now I am missing out on a vital ego boost ;).
Sadly, melancholy doesn't pay my rent.

« Reply #549 on: 04 February, 2011, 12:56:09 pm »
Made me feel special
Isn't it odd how it does, indeed, make one feel a small warm glow to see your name in print, recognised by your peer group, as it were.

I probably should keep quite otherwise my plans for next year's cheap ego boost are blown BUT has anyone noticed that it requires a meagre two points to be listed in the 'Fixed Wheel Challenge' section? I need urgently a FWC brevet card because last year I did 6 points undocumented on a fixed gear and hence now I am missing out on a vital ego boost ;).

It's only guaranteed if you've got at least (I think) 12 points. A lack of great participation means that RP has the space to list all. I didn't bother claiming as I only got 2 points last year.

Reminds me though, need to send off for FWC and SFW cards...
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."