Author Topic: CAMBRIAN 600 28th June  (Read 2425 times)

D

• DD
  • DD
CAMBRIAN 600 28th June
« on: 01 June, 2008, 06:22:31 pm »
PLEASE!!Is anyone likely to be doing Cambrain 600K 28th June, as I am looking to share a lift, with contributions towards the petrol.  PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in Colchester!  I can always make my way to somewhere easier to meet in the middle.

D

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
Re: CAMBRIAMN 600 28th June
« Reply #1 on: 01 June, 2008, 07:35:28 pm »
From where?  To somewhere near stockport, but where are you? :)

Tigers Taxi

« Reply #2 on: 01 June, 2008, 09:24:06 pm »
Is anyone likely to be doing Cambrain 600K 28th June, as I am looking to share a lift, with contributions towards the petrol.  PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D
Yes! from where, also how quick, last year I was sat in McDonalds in Hazel Grove ar 0907.
note I am not that fit this year but looking at sub 30hrs

Hope to see you at the start

Andy S

« Reply #3 on: 02 June, 2008, 03:24:56 pm »
Am about to send my entry off for this one, but as it will be my first 600, I will be happy to finish inside the time limits and have provisionally booked accommodation in Montgomery for the Saturday night (about 370k).

Martin

« Reply #4 on: 03 June, 2008, 09:08:44 pm »
D; just noticed that this ride has a middle section not unlike the first hilly bit of the Irish Mail; so those 3000m don't seem so benign. But if you can cope with that it looks pretty good.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #5 on: 04 June, 2008, 09:29:00 am »
D; just noticed that this ride has a middle section not unlike the first hilly bit of the Irish Mail; so those 3000m don't seem so benign. But if you can cope with that it looks pretty good.

Lumpy from Knighton to Shabbywristwatch, long main road drag up the A44 to Llangurig, ropes and pitons required for climb out of Coalport.  The rest is Mostly Harmless, though the road surfaces last year were unutterably bloody and Aberystwyth is full of ["Oiks" - The Invigilator].
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #6 on: 04 June, 2008, 01:21:00 pm »
though the road surfaces last year were unutterably bloody and Aberystwyth is full of ["Oiks" - The Invigilator].

The roads on the BCM last month were luverly in welsh-land (including the A44 to Aber ), so hopefully they'll have resurfaced many of your least lovely bits.
(And remember folks, Larrington is more sensitive to imperfect surfaces than us normal cyclists).
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #7 on: 04 June, 2008, 01:50:59 pm »
The roads on the BCM last month were luverly in welsh-land (including the A44 to Aber ), so hopefully they'll have resurfaced many of your least lovely bits.
(And remember folks, Larrington is more sensitive to imperfect surfaces than us normal cyclists).

The A44 was about the only good bit, even from a nice comfy dual-sus recumbent ???
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #8 on: 04 June, 2008, 02:11:57 pm »
The Cheshire plains have crap road surfaces.

Tigers Taxi

« Reply #9 on: 07 June, 2008, 08:33:35 pm »
PLEASE!!Is anyone likely to be doing Cambrain 600K 28th June, as I am looking to share a lift, with contributions towards the petrol.  PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in Colchester!  I can always make my way to somewhere easier to meet in the middle.

D
Sorry Denice , I will be travelling South to this event, its a few (lot of) years since I lived in the South (Horsham).
Try contacting the guys at Willsden there is usually one or two who trapse up
North to this event.
Still hope to see you enjoying the joys of the North

Andy S