Author Topic: Firefox problem when re-starting  (Read 2316 times)

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
Firefox problem when re-starting
« on: 14 April, 2008, 04:04:08 pm »
Sometimes, when I start my PC, and then load Firefox, I get a comment that it didn't close down properly last time and do I want to restart the old session or start a new one.  If I select the first option, then it loads up whatever web page(s) I had been on before.

However, before I shut down my PC, I always close Firefox, and any other running programs.

This error comment only shows up occasionally, but I can't see any pattern.  It's also not due to other users still being logged on.

Anyone got any ideas?
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

Re: Firefox problem when re-starting
« Reply #1 on: 14 April, 2008, 04:10:46 pm »
I sometimes have this problem as well. It seems to be caused by Firefox still running despite closing the browser. If you open Windows Task Manager you will see it still running in the 'Processes' list and you can terminate Firefox from there.

Mind you it doesn't seem to cause any problems apart from popping up the error message when you restart Firefox
It didn't look at all like that in the photographs

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
Re: Firefox problem when re-starting
« Reply #2 on: 14 April, 2008, 04:25:43 pm »
Thanks very much - I'll keep an eye out for that.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein