Author Topic: Ricco splits with partner over her CERA positive  (Read 5304 times)

Re: Ricco splits with partner over her CERA positive
« Reply #25 on: 10 February, 2011, 01:03:49 pm »
Also from cyclingngnews - Ricco,  "a rider with a haematocrit higher than his IQ"

ROFL  ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #26 on: 10 February, 2011, 01:28:55 pm »
Let me see if I've got this right. Ricco left Rossi, with whom he has a child, because he couldn't stand her doping. Now it turns out that her B sample was negative, so it's not clear whether she was doped or not. But it is clear that he was doping.

If that's the case, you have to wonder why he left her. Was it just personal reasons unconnected with cycling, or is he such a callous dickhead that he's prepared to dump her in order to put on show of innocence?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #27 on: 10 February, 2011, 01:32:24 pm »
... you have to wonder why he left her. Was it just personal reasons unconnected with cycling, or is he such a callous dickhead that he's prepared to dump her in order to put on show of innocence?

The latter reason, methinks.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

LEE

« Reply #28 on: 10 February, 2011, 01:53:31 pm »
Also from cyclingngnews - Ricco,  "a rider with a haematocrit higher than his IQ"

Haematocrit Post Of The Day

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #30 on: 14 April, 2011, 09:44:55 am »
Ricco changes his mind about retirement.

Sigh.

It's all very well him saying that he still feels like a cyclist but the lifetime ban looks likely.   Even if he can dodge that bullet, no team is going to take him on.  So his chances of ever doing the Giro again are minimal

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #31 on: 12 June, 2011, 11:28:30 am »
Ricco banned for a DIY blood transfusion :facepalm:

[Ricco's] team manager, Antonio Giallorenzo, said: "It's right that they do their job but you should look at the others, like [Alberto] Contador, for example. Besides, who hasn't made a mistake in his life? He [Ricco] made a mistake the first time [in 2008], the second time is in doubt."
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #32 on: 19 April, 2012, 06:47:42 pm »
Ricco's chequered doping - oops, I mean cycling - career is now definitely finito. The Italian Olympic Committee's request for a humungous ban has been upheld by the Italian National Anti-Doping Tribunal:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-receives-12-year-ban

Que CERA...