Author Topic: Men's World Championship RR  (Read 4127 times)

Re: Men's World Championship RR
« Reply #25 on: 24 September, 2012, 03:19:08 pm »
Great pictures, Ivo.  :thumbsup: Is Talansky a midget, or is Stannard built like the proverbial brick outhouse?  ;D

Stannard is a brick shithouse  :)

Weight: 80 kg
Height: 1.90 m

or in English 6'2" & 12.5 stone

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ian%20stannard&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FIan_Stannard&ei=bEhgUMeHHurV0QX9rIBw&usg=AFQjCNFa7V3vnacTXiv92JTxNt2h_XC1Kw

That's big to be riding a course like that, but Magnus Bäckstedt was 2 inches taller and over two stone heavier at his racing weight.

« Reply #26 on: 24 September, 2012, 09:43:23 pm »
So this has to be the fastest bike change ever.. I presume the rider hops off just out of shot.

You mentioned it in the morning, the Belgian sports channell sporza only late afternoon. And usually they are quite good at spotting such video's. So you beat them by about 8 hours ;).

« Reply #27 on: 24 September, 2012, 10:48:29 pm »
So this has to be the fastest bike change ever.. I presume the rider hops off just out of shot.

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=49997914&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=49997914&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>

You mentioned it in the morning, the Belgian sports channell sporza only late afternoon. And usually they are quite good at spotting such video's. So you beat them by about 8 hours ;).

In all fairness to the Belgians, they had probably only just slept off last night.  :demon:
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #28 on: 25 September, 2012, 12:38:40 am »
Gilbert deserved his victory and the Belgians are all to be congratulated on having the best tops by several kilometres.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #29 on: 25 September, 2012, 08:58:17 am »
Gilbert deserved his victory and the Belgians are all to be congratulated on having the best tops by several kilometres.
About 300km. All the way to the Dulwich Paragon whose jersey predates the Belgian one. There is a similar one in Scotland too - one of the Glasgow clubs I think.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #30 on: 25 September, 2012, 02:01:23 pm »

[/quote]

Stannard is a brick shithouse  :)

Weight: 80 kg
Height: 1.90 m

or in English 6'2" & 12.5 stone
[/quote]

First time my proportions have been described as being like a brick outhouse.  Most people at work think I am a scrawny wotsit
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

« Reply #31 on: 25 September, 2012, 07:29:54 pm »
About 300km. All the way to the Dulwich Paragon whose jersey predates the Belgian one. There is a similar one in Scotland too - one of the Glasgow clubs I think.

The Belgian one actually predates Dulwich Paragon's as we (DP) decided to effectively rip-off the Belgian national strip (with a navy band instead of the black) around 2006, because we thought it looked rather fetching! It took two years to get right - with the first attempts looking like a Victorian bathing costume, and the later rejigged Giordana kit starting to look the biz. We even had people joining the club living a couple of hundred miles away who were never likely to ride with us, just to buy the kit. The background colour is officially known as Belgian 'pimpy' blue in Dulwich circles. Looks like it's getting a redesign for next year though.

Disclosure: am no longer a member of Dulwich Paragon.
'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim Krabbé. Possibly