Author Topic: Tai chi  (Read 1907 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Tai chi
« on: 25 September, 2008, 10:57:45 pm »
I've just been to my first session.

It's quite relaxing but strange - not the sort of thing I'd ever imagine myself doing.

Anyone else grasp the bird's tail?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Mike J

• Guinea Pig Person
Re: Tai chi
« Reply #1 on: 25 September, 2008, 11:05:59 pm »
I don't think I have grasped the bird's tail.

I found Tai Chi really relaxing when I did it, possibly a bit too relaxing to be honest.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #2 on: 25 September, 2008, 11:13:16 pm »
I did a couple of terms of it at night school, but it wasn't really for me. I like to do things which give me a good stretch, but I found tai chi just made me more bunched up and tensed and exacerbated my backache. I find yoga much more enjoyable and beneficial.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #3 on: 26 September, 2008, 02:07:27 am »
I think I may have participated.

I had a cuppa tai chi recently at work. Is this the normal Chinese Green Tai Chi or is it something speshial?

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #4 on: 26 September, 2008, 12:03:27 pm »
Anyone else grasp the bird's tail?
Eventually you will learn to fend off monkeys.

I'm a fan of Chai tea and Tai Chi. The reason I don't currently Protect my Golden Apples is that I found my brain needed a lesson EVERY week to be able to progress in learning The Form. I found it impossible to learn from books/videos.

If I went every fortnight, I would enjoy the supplemental exercises, but I never progressed in learning The Form, so found it very frustrating.

I still use some exercises to relax.

Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5 on: 26 September, 2008, 12:16:45 pm »
It was one of two things I really wanted to do when I went to college - that and learn to swim.  But I only managed to get to a few sessions before I moved to a different city, and wasn't able to get to the (v early) class.
Getting there...