Author Topic: Qualifiers abroad  (Read 2641 times)

Ben T

Qualifiers abroad
« on: 04 October, 2018, 12:04:18 pm »
Purely in the interests of adventurousness, I thought it might be nice to do one, or some, qualifiers further afield than the UK.
France and belgium are easy to get to, so that's one option - but a 400 and a 600 about a week apart would for me make it worth a trip to USA so I'm considering that as another option.
Any other suggestions for countries that host good events, recommendations for specific events, general do's and don't's, intentions of any others thinking of doing international qualifiers - greatly appreciated!

Re: Qualifiers abroad
« Reply #1 on: 04 October, 2018, 06:12:45 pm »
Bulgaria and Romania offer interesting scenery and a good audaxing scene. The Bulgarians even offer a yearly hell week event, doing all 4 distances in one week. (Or you pick and choose)

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #2 on: 05 October, 2018, 11:12:52 am »
Danial tells me that Taiwan is good.

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
« Reply #3 on: 05 October, 2018, 11:22:25 am »
In late April Italy has a two x 600km ride for the adventurous in Sardinia and Sicily, with a ferry inbetween for riders (and partners). I think they are being run as separate PBP qualifiers (Each 600 in 40 hours) but don't quote me on that.

https://www.audaxitalia.it/index.php?pg=calendario_brm_acp&org=192&obid=1229
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

Ben T

« Reply #4 on: 05 October, 2018, 11:25:49 am »
Nice , all sounds good

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #5 on: 05 October, 2018, 11:26:46 am »
There is good riding (and events) in many countries around the world. Pick a country based on meeting up with an old friend or exploring somewhere you've always wanted to visit and link that up with a suitable event. I suggest arriving a couple of days early to overcome possible luggage hassles or jetlag and leaving intensive sightseeing till after the event.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Ben T

« Reply #6 on: 05 October, 2018, 11:36:25 am »
There is good riding (and events) in many countries around the world. Pick a country based on meeting up with an old friend or exploring somewhere you've always wanted to visit and link that up with a suitable event. I suggest arriving a couple of days early to overcome possible luggage hassles or jetlag and leaving intensive sightseeing till after the event.

Good advice, cheers. Yes I agree with arriving a few days early!

« Reply #7 on: 26 April, 2019, 11:06:13 pm »
There's a superb 600 in Valencia (Massamagrell), I think May 18th if anybody fancies it? We did it last year and really enjoyed it!

http://www.pbp2019.co.uk/2018/06/02/massamagrell-600km/

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #8 on: 27 April, 2019, 06:35:22 pm »

Dutch events aren't too hard to get to from the UK. There's a cracking 400 on the calendar for end of May, Which even takes in one of the islands.

BPB is very good too. Beautiful route. That's Brussels Paris Brussels. It's the weekend closest to the summer solstice.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Chris S

« Reply #9 on: 27 April, 2019, 07:25:01 pm »