Author Topic: Strava - MyRoutes route planner  (Read 1149 times)

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
Strava - MyRoutes route planner
« on: 17 August, 2013, 03:04:11 pm »
Nice.

In Beta at the moment, and for Premium members only.

It seems to be a very good route planner so far. 

That's a very big player coming into the route-planning game.  Interesting stuff.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

Re: Strava - MyRoutes route planner
« Reply #1 on: 17 August, 2013, 03:26:55 pm »
Looks good, hopefully you'll be able to plan a route, set a time and invite friends

« Reply #2 on: 17 August, 2013, 04:32:51 pm »
Little bit of routing weirdness in some places as with every map - hopefully they'll allow a direct routing switch to fix bad mapping - or maybe there is and I'm missing it?

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #3 on: 17 August, 2013, 04:51:59 pm »
Little bit of routing weirdness in some places as with every map - hopefully they'll allow a direct routing switch to fix bad mapping - or maybe there is and I'm missing it?

You can drag and drop routes

There's a report routing error button as well

I have done a test route for my ride home from work this afternoon - I know the way, but wanted to see how it worked!
Right! What's next?

« Reply #4 on: 17 August, 2013, 05:16:45 pm »
Excellent. I especially like the "use popularity" feature, so you know that if you are routing in an unknown region of the UK you can just have two waypoints and know that the most popular cycling route will be featured.

Although, to test this I just routed from my place in Almondsbury to a popular café near Gloucester and it decided the A38 was the best route, even though everyone knows that the NCN route along the severn vale is the preferred route. :)

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #5 on: 17 August, 2013, 09:52:51 pm »
So, the tcx I downloaded from Strava didn't give me an elevation profile on my edge (unlike tcx files from bikeroutetoaster).

I like having elevation profiles as I ride, so that is not a great start.
Right! What's next?