Author Topic: Bike Stormz  (Read 13098 times)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Re: Bike Stormz
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2018, 05:58:15 pm »
Clogged full of buses, with people squeezing through on bicycles, it looks a lot like the centre of Oxford.

But I assume Oxford doesn't also have loads of back cabs.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Kim

• 2nd in the world
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2018, 05:59:41 pm »
Clogged full of buses, with people squeezing through on bicycles, it looks a lot like the centre of Oxford.

But I assume Oxford doesn't also have loads of back cabs.

It's only a matter of time.  Those things are like the paperclip maximiser.
To ride the Windcheetah, first, you must embrace the cantilever...

Cudzoziemiec

• Solar powered, tea fuelled cycle-wol
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2018, 06:09:53 pm »
A quick google indicates that most cabs in Oxford are black and at least some of them are "black cab" design.
An ungovernable laughter, a joyous agitation which makes the summer stretching before you seem like an unrolling canvas on which you might draw those first rude pure strokes that are free. (Capote)

« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2018, 11:40:30 am »
As more young riders fill the street, Ferrari climbs on to a wall and yells over the masses of people. He says this event is especially emotional as he recently lost a friend and fellow BikeStormz rider in a motorcycle accident.
“We’re breaking the stereotype every single day. Today there is no beef, no knives, no guns, no robbery. I want you all to be proud of yourselves, no matter what anyone tells you.”
The crowd shouts back: “BikeStormz.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/dec/23/bikestormz-riders-saddle-up-to-protest-against-knife-crime-london

« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2018, 11:45:08 am »
God bless them, but in all those photos there is not one single mudguard.

Cudzoziemiec

An ungovernable laughter, a joyous agitation which makes the summer stretching before you seem like an unrolling canvas on which you might draw those first rude pure strokes that are free. (Capote)

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2019, 08:22:28 pm »
And Bristol:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-bristol-46837223/can-wheelies-keep-kids-away-from-knives
Admire one of our newest and silliest cycle lanes! When he's talking to the policeman – it's a vaguely delineated strip of what is otherwise a pedestrian zone.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small just Far Away at the back
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2019, 08:46:36 pm »
A wheelie is pedalling and a manual is coasting I believe.

https://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/how-to-manual-32187/

"The difference between the two comes in the way you pop and maintain the height of your front wheel. A wheelie involves pedalling to keep the front wheel up,  whereas a manual is both initiated and maintained by shifting your bodyweight – no pedalling involved. "