Author Topic: Flights of Fancy  (Read 9026 times)

Re: Flights of Fancy
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2019, 07:21:42 am »
A build video with a difference:

https://youtu.be/lAjmUQOwgIs
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2019, 09:16:54 pm »
Coo.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2019, 07:49:21 am »
Pish.  That's not a real aeromodeller.  He's not got bits of balsa stuck to his fingers with cyano.

TheLurker

« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2019, 08:14:23 pm »
I've already bored Andy with this. Now it's your turn. :)

Test / trimming flight of Lacey M-10 last month at Trinity (Newbury).

https: //vimeo.com/ 330585819  (lose the spaces.  The unedited url won't display, not even in a url tag)

For those that need/want to know
Motor is 18", 2 strands of 3/32", max turns 1800 +/-
This flight is 250 turns, establishing rudder deflections etc.
On 900 turns (50%) turns in a reliable 30s+ from a hand launch.

« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2019, 08:16:50 pm »
congratulations

« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2019, 02:31:36 pm »
An excellent days flying yesterday, something just clicked, circuits, figure of eights, take off and powered landing nailed both ways. Five out of six deadstick landings spot on, the dodgy one was with a tailwind, the storm was coming in and a gust robbed me of airspeed resulting in a nosedive from about 3 feet, the hot glue gun was required.

I can actually foresee a point I'll be able to pass the 'A'. Time to swotting on the questions.

TheLurker

« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2019, 04:34:05 pm »
Excellent.  Atrocious weather for flying here yesterday.

> ...the hot glue gun was required.
Sympathy.  On which subject.  The Horsa needs a third fuselage.   One successful bungee launch at Port Meadow a week ago followed by a significantly less than successful launch.  :)

« Reply #107 on: Yesterday at 02:06:13 pm »
An excellent days flying yesterday, something just clicked, circuits, figure of eights, take off and powered landing nailed both ways. Five out of six deadstick landings spot on, the dodgy one was with a tailwind, the storm was coming in and a gust robbed me of airspeed resulting in a nosedive from about 3 feet, the hot glue gun was required.

I can actually foresee a point I'll be able to pass the 'A'. Time to swotting on the questions.
Well done! Downwind landings are definitely a last resort - you run out of lift very quickly, with the result you found.

If you can do your eights at a reasonably consistent height and approximately symmetrical you'll be fine.

The questions are straightforward, just remember the safety issues when you are prepping to fly. particularly if you are electric.